PDA

View Full Version : Stevie for Sale? Bring him Home

LFC in Exile
17/12/2004, 12:01 PM
From eleven-a-side.com

O’Flynn set for Candystripes switch

December 17, 2004

Cork City striker Stephen O’Flynn could be moving from one end of the country to the other if Derry City manager Stephen Kenny completes a move for the 21-year-old.

O’Flynn, who missed most of last season through injury, has seen his chances of first team football at Turner’s Cross limited by the form of Kevin Doyle and John O’Flynn, so a move could suit the former Wimbledon and Limerick FC striker.

Kenny is busy building a squad for next season and while the former Bohemians’ manager has a big squad, he is keen to add O’Flynn in order to bulk up his strike force.

"I have most of my defenders on long term contracts but we need a striker. Stephen suffered bad luck with injuries last season but he definitely knows where the back of the net is."

Meanwhile, the Candystripes have also been linked with a move for former Barnsley defender Brian O’Callaghan, who was released by the Tykes during the summer.

anto1208
17/12/2004, 12:21 PM
god no allthough he did get goals he has a terible attitude and a negative influence on the rest of the team

LFC in Exile
17/12/2004, 1:11 PM
god no allthough he did get goals he has a terible attitude and a negative influence on the rest of the team

Huh? :confused: :confused:

joeSoap
17/12/2004, 1:23 PM
Think it would be marvellous if he did come back, but I can't see it happening. He still wants to play Premier at least and I'd hope he does well wherever he goes.
As for him being a disruptive influence......bullsh1t !!

anto1208
17/12/2004, 4:18 PM
Think it would be marvellous if he did come back, but I can't see it happening. He still wants to play Premier at least and I'd hope he does well wherever he goes.
As for him being a disruptive influence......bullsh1t !!

what about his constant moaning his constant giving out to his team mates , and in turn there performance suffers !!! this is how he is a NEGATIVE influence !!

last time i seen him playing he started screaming at s o mahoney for giving a bad ball som who had been plaing really well then started making more and more mistakes and sof kept having a go . this is an example of how he was a bad influence on the team , where as a better player would have just sorted it out .= NEGATIVE influence

his attitude is terrible as well he strolls around the pitch as if he is gods gift and fall s over every time a defender jumps for a ball with him

4tothefloor
17/12/2004, 8:24 PM
Utter rubbish :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
18/12/2004, 1:12 PM
Well I thought I read it in the Star but to be honest I can't remember now...

As for O'Flynn having a negative impact on the team I think it's a totally unfounded statement. He certainly clashed with players from time to time (I remember the O'Mahony incident) but overall I think these were just brief flare-ups.

There probably was a touch of the prima donna about him but I expect that from any confident, proven goalscorer. What seperates S.O'Flynn from a completely useless ego on legs like C.P.O'Brien is application. It's complete nonsense to suggest that he strolled around the pitch taking it easy, from what I remember, one of my only complaints of Stephen was that he had a habit of dropping very deep in search of the ball. He worked hard for us and scored a lot of goals.

I'd take him back in a shot. And despite trusting JoeSoap implicitly I wouldn't have thought that he'd have any interest in communting to Derry? So, I shall live in hope. :)

joeSoap
20/12/2004, 8:48 AM
It's complete nonsense to suggest that he stolled around the pitch taking it easy,

How do you 'stoll' around a pitch..... :D :D

And despite trusting JoeSoap implicitly :)
More fool you.... :D :D

sadloserkid
20/12/2004, 12:10 PM
How do you 'stoll' around a pitch..... :D :D

Well Joe, thanks to the wonders of editing I can smugly say... 'Whatever are you talking about???' :confused: ;)

joeSoap
20/12/2004, 12:38 PM
Well Joe, thanks to the wonders of editing I can smugly say... 'Whatever are you talking about???' :confused: ;)
Yes, but by the ability to 'quote' people on this, you are well and truly rumbled... :D
Unless you decide to exert your powers of moderation and completely wipe out the error of your ways... :D

Oh, hang on a minute, I must stoll to the shops to buy a newspaper now...bye!! :D

anto1208
20/12/2004, 12:47 PM
for god sake you miss one letter and ye pounce on it :D :D

any way its not really a debate if s o flynn was actually any good he would still be at the dons , but he isnt so he is playing loi ,so to call him a proven confident goal scorer !!! :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
20/12/2004, 12:49 PM
Unless you decide to exert your powers of moderation and completely wipe out the error of your ways... :D

I am a loving and caring moderator who would never stoop to such base levels. :)

As for O'Flynn, I still can't see him going to Derry, especially as Steve Kenny wants all his players to live in Derry. I thought somebody said that O'Flynn has a kid in Mallow and he might be reluctant to uproot himself.

LFC in Exile
20/12/2004, 2:49 PM
Where did u read this on the cork evening echo? or the sun? thanks

I got it on www.eleven-a-side.com - as referenced at the top. Never let it be said I took credit for others work! Don't know where they got it. :ball:

sadloserkid
22/12/2004, 12:05 PM
any way its not really a debate if s o flynn was actually any good he would still be at the dons , but he isnt so he is playing loi ,so to call him a proven confident goal scorer !!! :rolleyes:

I suspect that we've just unearthed a late contender for dumbest post of the year right here... :rolleyes:

So according to you, any player who leaves a British club to come home and play LOI isn't 'actually any good'... I really thought you were joking first but then I realised that you were actually serious.

Anyway I'm sure that players like Alan Moore, Gareth Farrelly, Glen Crowe, John O'Flynn, Keith Fahy, Dan Murray, Vinny Sullivan and countless others would probably chuckling just as hard at your rather perplexing statement as I am right now! :)

LFC in Exile
22/12/2004, 12:09 PM
Anyway I'm sure that players like Alan Moore, Gareth Farrelly, Glen Crowe, John O'Flynn, Keith Fahy, Dan Murray, Vinny Sullivan and countless others would probably just as hard at your rather perplexing statement as I am right now! :)

And I am sure Limerick (given the chance) would not want to sign any of those mentioned because they would not be good enough. :)

joeSoap
22/12/2004, 1:02 PM
And I am sure Limerick (given the chance) would not want to sign any of those mentioned because they would not be good enough. :)

Damn right !!! :D