PDA

View Full Version : Kenny wants Steve O'Flynn

patsh
17/12/2004, 11:22 AM
Kenny wants to bring Stevo to Derry. Should City let him go?
I feel he deserves his chance here, as last season was a washout for him.
Does anyone know if he would move, given that Kenny is demanding that all his players live in Derry.

Troy.McClure
17/12/2004, 12:36 PM
I think that if he does go then we should get a fee. The guys done nothing for us in the 2 years (coz of his bad luck) and I think that we should get to see him. Theres no point in rehabilitating him from a broken leg just to give him to Derry.

one_bounce
17/12/2004, 12:58 PM
i think we should hold onto steven, send behan on loan to some wilderness and release nolan and any other wasters.

bit harsh..why do you say nolan is a waster?.. anytime ive seen him i thought he looked very lively and a decent prospect

also.. beehan did well this season with the bunch of 5 mins he was given and was banging them in for fun with the u21s... why offload him?

joeSoap
17/12/2004, 1:01 PM
I think that if he does go then we should get a fee.
But he's out of contract isn't he? I presumed he only signed a one year deal.
Why should ye get a penny for him if he wants to go?
Contracts are there for a reason.

Citygirl
17/12/2004, 2:10 PM
himself and behan both have had many chances to prove themselves and have shown that they are not up to the standard. i can see behan becoming a good first divison player or even playing for a **** team like pats or rovers but i dont think nolan will ever even get that far. shane long is only 17 and even though i havent seen him play hes supposed to be a great prospect.

how can you call bringing a fella on in the 89th minute of a game giving him a chance????the only league game behan started for city this season we were losing 1-0 until the 87th minute when he equalised and then he set up kearney for the winner in the 91st..behan has improved an awful lot this season and its just unfortunate that flynny (who hasnt had his best season for city) seems to be a favourite with dolan and that doyler is just too damn good (although that is not unfortunate!)

Éanna
17/12/2004, 2:37 PM
Behan is good enough to play for City IMO, but not good enough to dislodge doyler or flynn. sending him on loan would be a good idea. I'd like to hang onto stevo though, as he's good cover for the left wing as well in case anything happens to kearney

RedX
17/12/2004, 6:10 PM
I think Nolan is a good prospect...if there were a choice i would prefer him over Behan..i dont think Behan is great..he has never shown any kind of great skill in any game..he is strong but is not very fast and is not very good technically so i think we could do a lot better than that..i cant really comment on S O Flynn..i have seen him a few times but never in any big game for long enough..people might say well he should be given longer in games as should Behan but there must be a reason the manager does not do this...thats my opinion anyway...

makka_dcfc
17/12/2004, 8:12 PM
Being a Derry man myself i think it would be better for Steven to come to us because since Gary Beckett has a VERRRRRY low goals per game ratio we could honestly do with a decent striker to partner young Farren up front.

Could anyone please tell me if Steven is in a part-time job too or if he is in Education? Maybe these factors would affect if he moves or not.

A face
18/12/2004, 12:16 AM
Could anyone please tell me if Steven is in a part-time job too or if he is in Education? Maybe these factors would affect if he moves or not.

He has a full-time job, and he's in college so theres no point in continuing this, just forget about it. Hes crap anyway ... Beckett is a legend, he is the man for ye alright !!

Colm
18/12/2004, 5:03 PM
I think Nolan is a good prospect...if there were a choice i would prefer him over Behan.

Behan might not be the most skilful player in the world but he's done a hell of a lot more than Nolan at both senior and U21 level. Personally, I don't think either of them are good enough for Cork City but if I had to pick one it would be Behan.

btw, despite what Spillane reported a few weeks ago, apparently Nolan has not yet been given a renewal of his contact.

makka_dcfc
18/12/2004, 6:16 PM
He has a full-time job, and he's in college so theres no point in continuing this, just forget about it. Hes crap anyway ... Beckett is a legend, he is the man for ye alright !!

Nice try mucker :p but i dont think Stephen K will be put off by that!!

A face
18/12/2004, 7:05 PM
Nice try mucker :p but i dont think Stephen K will be put off by that!!

Did I mention that he is to under go surgery in the new year, its his leg … it’s a real touch and go thing, might end up losing it, it’s the right one. Just said other than that he's fine barr the mising eye.

adamd164
19/12/2004, 5:00 PM
release nolan and any other wasters.
What rubbish, I bet you don't go to u21 games at all and are basing this comment on shag all. :mad: :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
19/12/2004, 6:45 PM
agreed, from what i have seen of him he is a great crosser of the ball and still young. squad player

Yes but when he is in goals he is crap at saving penalties... Memo to Pat Dolan sub goalies are a good idea :D

makka_dcfc
19/12/2004, 11:00 PM
Did I mention that he is to under go surgery in the new year, its his leg … it’s a real touch and go thing, might end up losing it, it’s the right one. Just said other than that he's fine barr the mising eye.

As long as thats the eye for goal then HAPPY DAYS :p :D

sadloserkid
20/12/2004, 12:30 PM
But he's out of contract isn't he? I presumed he only signed a one year deal.
Why should ye get a penny for him if he wants to go?

Actually joeSoap, I seem to remember reading here that Stevo held our for a two-year contract so I suspect that he still has a year to run?

Personally I think another loan spell with Limerick could be just what he needs! ;)

He's left-footed anyway! :p

pete
20/12/2004, 1:56 PM
Seen Steve O'Flynn a couple of times on left wing for u-21s & not so impressive. Might be better forward but not good enough for city 1st team.

makka_dcfc
20/12/2004, 5:01 PM
Personally I think another loan spell with Limerick could be just what he needs! ;)

He's left-footed anyway! :p
or a good spell with Derry City! ;)

thecorner
23/12/2004, 5:09 AM
be a disgrace for stephen o flynn to be left go

he was signed for a reason and what would be the point in leaving him go without him been given the chance to prove himself

saw him last year in pre-season and looked very impresssive

a very different option that dolan could use

SSS
23/12/2004, 7:16 AM
If Steve goes it might have more to do with him than the club.
If he doesn't see himself getting a game he might opt out.