PDA

View Full Version : Rovers for Morton again

drummerboy
17/12/2004, 10:37 AM
If Bohs refuse to allow Rovers into Dalymount for next season, Rovers will be forced to approach Fingal Co Council for Morton Stadium again. The pitch has improved dramatically in Santry and is being widened at the moment. Hopefully they have paid all their bills up there from their last stay.

manic da hoop
17/12/2004, 1:02 PM
Santry? I certainly hope so. OK the place has all the atmosphere of a graveyard, but I'm sick to the back teeth of Richmond Park (particularly with the 7pm kick-offs) and Tolka, while Dalymount really would be the last straw!

Rovers Fellow!
17/12/2004, 1:57 PM
Santry? I certainly hope so. OK the place has all the atmosphere of a graveyard, but I'm sick to the back teeth of Richmond Park (particularly with the 7pm kick-offs) and Tolka, while Dalymount really would be the last straw!

Looks like its Drogheda. According to RTE. Things just goin from bad to worse.

jimhacker
17/12/2004, 1:59 PM
Dundalk the season after next followed by.....................

Clones Road Cas
17/12/2004, 3:07 PM
Dundalk the season after next followed by.....................

not a bad idea, theres a lot of good builders in and around CHP, maybe the rovers board could do a bit of networking. :D

In fairness its not likely a big stand will be needed to house the huge home crowds that SRFC will bring that far out of Dublin.

CollegeTillIDie
17/12/2004, 10:13 PM
Well in fairness United Park is an alright ground and not THAT far from Dublin but what other options did the Hoops have?

Richmond Park..... was torpedoed by the local residents
Tolka Park.... Dublin City have squatters/tenancy status there already
Dalymount... Well Bohs were due to discuss it on Monday but indications were it would not have been looked on too favourably.

As regards Dublin venues that left Baldonnel, Belfield, Morton and Whitehall.
Baldonnel... more remote than Drogheda to be fair
Belfield... College Authorities have previously vetoed it for more than one or two games per season.
Morton... Pitch currently too narrow... although rumour has it that is being addressed...
Whitehall... Not up to Premier Division standard.

All in all United Park is a reasonable answer given the prevailing conditions.
Good luck to the Hoops in their new temporary home Unihed Paak !

p.s. Update... seems today was the deadline for letting UEFA know which home ground you are using next season in order to obtain a licence.

Sonic
17/12/2004, 10:17 PM
Good look Hoors in UNIBROW PARK, maybe you'l be in the best ground in ireland, Turners Crack in coc city nxt year :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
17/12/2004, 10:39 PM
Good look Hoors in UNIBROW PARK, maybe you'l be in the best ground in ireland, Turners Crack in coc city nxt year :rolleyes:

Sonic

They have already played a "home" game in Turner's Cross.... get with the program :p