PDA

View Full Version : what vinyl have you got left ?

the 12 th man
16/12/2004, 8:20 PM
if your like me you only have a fraction of what you used to have.
among mine that i still have are

joy division : still
grace jones: living my life
sex pistols: never mind....
southern death cult:same
virgin prunes :if i die i die
nivana:come as you are (12 inch single)
police: wrapped around your finger (7 inch single).

must have a look at the rest of them later. :)

Gary
16/12/2004, 9:14 PM
I have around 150 singles still upstairs, ranging from hip hop to Drum n Bass to House. I know that I could make a killing off them, but I cant bring myself to sell them.

My favourites that i still have
Just passing through - Aim
Sense Of Danger - Presence
Brown Paper Bag - Roni Size
Spellbound - Veba w Rae & Christian
Its alright, I feel it - Jocelyn Brown w/ MAW

finlma
16/12/2004, 9:27 PM
I sold my decks and vinyl before I left London but I did keep a hold of some of my favourite tracks:

Adam Beyer - Drumcode
Richie Hawtin - Minus Orange
Josh Wink - How's Your Evening So Far
Jurassice Five - Quality Control

They're in storage in Ireland at the moment.

CollegeTillIDie
16/12/2004, 10:16 PM
Bought a 4 -in -one back in 1992. That is a Record deck/ CD player/ Radio/ cassette player rolled into one

Still have all my vinyl 600 45 rpm singles
Around 200 33rpm Albums and a handful of 12" 45rpm singles and some EP's and flexi discs.

4tothefloor
16/12/2004, 11:10 PM
I still buy dance vinyl so I have about 600+. I have older stuff as well which were my uncles, such as Thin Lizzy, U2, Eagles, Madness, Depeche Mode, Michael Jackson etc. Have some very good ones. I even have our Euro 88 song on vinyl, it has a tri-colour sleeve with the team photo!

BTW Gary, vinyl isn't worth much nowdays as a sell on commodity. Since the Final Scratch system was invented, most DJ's are now buying MP3's online rather than records in shops. A single LP costs about €10, a lot more if it's a european\american import. Whereas, you can buy the mp3 of the same tune online for something like $1 - that's giving you an average of 8 - 10 tunes for the price of one physical LP. I've thought about selling my collection a few times, but for what i'd get for them, i'd rather keep them. €25 is the most you'll get for an old deleted classic, but you'd be forced to sell the less popular records for €3 - €5 each, so ultimately you're losing money. I look forward with interest to listening to my Techno\Trance\House records when i'm 50! :eek: :D

dahamsta
16/12/2004, 11:35 PM
Anyone around doing conversion? I was only cleaning up the attic in the mother's house (my former abode) today and had a tidy pile of fifty or so albums or singles when I was done. Be nice to convert a few of them to electronic format.

I know I could do it meself, but I'd prefer not to. :)

adam

the 12 th man
17/12/2004, 7:12 AM
Anyone around doing conversion? I was only cleaning up the attic in the mother's house (my former abode)
adam

there lies the story of the majority of my old collection.
the mother swears she dids'nt dump em so i d'ont where they all ended up :confused:

Dublin12
17/12/2004, 9:19 AM
I've got about 700 vinyl lp's, 600 7" singles and 500 12",all tucked away safely in me Ma's attic.I have all the U2 7" and 12" on vinyl,plus all the police blue vinyl 7" and the sex pistols,clash,stranglers,buzzcocks on 7" coloured vinyl .The only vinyl I collect now is the trojan dub plate 7" stuff.Vinyl rules,it looks great and there was nothing better than getting your new lp and putting it on your turntable

Gary
17/12/2004, 11:38 AM
BTW Gary, vinyl isn't worth much nowdays as a sell on commodity.

I dunno, alot of Hip Hop and house DJs are still using vinyl and only vinyl. Alot of what i would have hasnt been released on CD or good quality MP3 afaik.

Its all the one anyways, Im not selling. It would be like selling my youth away.

Superb. I think I have/had that. Concrete Schoolyard one of the all time greats.

Pat O' Banton
17/12/2004, 1:59 PM

That and the Jurassic 5 album are brilliant, thought the third was a bit weak but still worth a listen.

Still have about 60/70 records on vinyl, however my record player is scunnered so haven't listened to any in ages. I'm a bit of a snob on this subject I do much prefer vinyl to CD's, don't know why, maybe I'm still a bit of a Luditte.

The best one I have (visually not musically) is by a band called Spectrum - Sonic Boom from Spaceman 3 spin off band. Its clear vinyl and when I bought it the cover was made of clear plastic with squishy couloured liquid inside. (Unfortunately the liquid has sinced hardened.)

The album was crap by the way.

the 12 th man
17/12/2004, 2:34 PM
Still have about 60/70 records on vinyl, however my record player is scunnered so haven't listened to any in ages..

i got a pressie of a sony record player.
just plugged into my existing system and bobs your uncle.you have your old records playing through your new/er system :)

Macy
17/12/2004, 2:42 PM
if your like me you only have a fraction of what you used to have.
among mine that i still have are
I've actually nearly all mine left, well hopefully reading some of the stuff above! The tapes should still be there too, come to think of it.

Picked up quite a few over the years, including an original release of The Undertones, Parallel Lines, several early Ramones albums, Hatful of Hollow, White Light White Heat, the first 3 Clash albums, a few Elvis Costello records. Also have a load of Indie singles - I don't know whether they still do it, but early-mid 90's most indie singles were released on 7 inch single still (for 99p).

fosterdollar
17/12/2004, 3:01 PM
Bowie - Aladdin Sane
Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack :D
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell :D :D

and.....

A special edition YELLOW vinyl
Goodbye Yellowbrick Road - Elton John :cool:

thecorner
19/12/2004, 11:20 AM
still have a couple of thousand vinyl still stashed away....all ripped to cd and mp3

the 12 th man
19/12/2004, 6:14 PM
I've actually nearly all mine left, well hopefully reading some of the stuff above!.

maybe a phone call to your old h.q. would'nt go amiss to be sure. :)
its strange what gets thrown out sometimes :eek: when there is a spring clean or the like