PDA

View Full Version : Philly Hughes released

pineapple stu
15/12/2004, 12:45 PM
Reckon he'll be heading back to youz? Actually thought we only had him on loan (that's what our website said anyway), but then you can't give an on-loan player a free transfer!

Sheridan
15/12/2004, 1:52 PM
Don't think he was on loan, UCD were paying his wages in full anyway. I'm not sure if he left in the best of circumstances, but Keely brought him to Kildare on loan so you never know. I reckon Vaughan and Gorman will be the starting strikers, and I don't think Philly (Hughes) will be happy with a place on the bench. We have a younger version in Robbie Collins anyway. All in all, I'd say it's unlikely.

driver
15/12/2004, 2:03 PM
he was a great player for us, showed some great skill and would not be out of place on any team in the first division, if not the Premier too.
This he was unlucky on how things worked out for him at City and again at UCD as regards not getting his foot firmly in the door. He has the quality and I think he will be snapped up soon enough.
Wouldn't mind having him back, I'd say the sight Philly and Martin Reilly would have any defence in knots. They are probably a bit too similar though.

Ringo
15/12/2004, 2:28 PM
Don't think he was on loan, UCD were paying his wages in full anyway. I'm not sure if he left in the best of circumstances, but Keely brought him to Kildare on loan so you never know. I reckon Vaughan and Gorman will be the starting strikers, and I don't think Philly (Hughes) will be happy with a place on the bench. We have a younger version in Robbie Collins anyway. All in all, I'd say it's unlikely.

welcome back ;) was getting a bit lonely here! have to change my sig now. :(

Sheridan
24/01/2005, 6:46 PM
Philly has signed for Monaghan, according to Mahon on the Absolute Game just now.