PDA

View Full Version : Next season .. bray wanderers

Pages : [1] 2

greywanderer
22/09/2015, 12:05 AM
Any rumours about who might be moving on next season .. heard barker Mcglynn and giggles are set to move on..

Charlie Darwin
22/09/2015, 12:59 AM
I'd say anyone who gets an offer from any other club will go.

Roo69
22/09/2015, 1:55 PM
I'd say anyone who gets an offer from any other club will go.

I would imagine so...

I reckon if we can manage to get Europe via the FAI cup then a few might hang about

nigel-harps1954
22/09/2015, 3:45 PM
I would imagine so...

I reckon if we can manage to get Europe via the FAI cup then a few might hang about

You don't get three finals this time though.

Bray Head
23/09/2015, 9:10 AM
Any rumours about who might be moving on next season .. heard barker Mcglynn and giggles are set to move on..

Can't imagine they would leave unless the manager does'nt want them. All three are first team regulars and doubt they would be regulars at the any of the top four teams.

Roo69
23/09/2015, 1:38 PM
Can't imagine they would leave unless the manager does'nt want them. All three are first team regulars and doubt they would be regulars at the any of the top four teams.

I'd say the off the field crap this season will have a big part in players leaving, not a chance they should have to go through that again

greywanderer
23/09/2015, 3:54 PM
From what I'm hearing that's exactly the reason they are leaving. ..

Bray Head
24/09/2015, 1:42 PM
Hopefully the off the field crap is finished now.

greywanderer
24/09/2015, 10:01 PM
Once bitten twice shy. . I think the damage has been done. .

Roo69
25/09/2015, 1:37 PM
Hopefully the off the field crap is finished now.

Fingers crossed but i would imagine that's too late for some of our players at this stage... It'll also put a lot of players off signing for us too.

Cassidy to Bohs is the latest one i'm hearing

greywanderer
26/09/2015, 9:15 AM
Barker, Mcglynn also to Bohs and giggles to derry.

greywanderer
02/10/2015, 6:15 PM
Hearing that Cherrie and Douglas staying next season. .

Charlie Darwin
08/10/2015, 4:07 AM
Hearing that Cherrie and Douglas staying next season. .
You must be back on the double contracts if they do. Both far too good for a team scrapping to avoid relegation.

Roo69
09/10/2015, 1:30 PM
You must be back on the double contracts if they do. Both far too good for a team scrapping to avoid relegation.

We are not scrapping to avoid relegation though... 6th in the League - Derry, Longford, Drogheda, Sligo and Limerick all below us. Reached a cup semi too, so it's been a pretty decent season for Bray on the pitch after a slow start. Only conceeded 11 goals since may (i think...) so massive improvements on the pitch and something to build on

Charlie Darwin
09/10/2015, 2:57 PM
We are not scrapping to avoid relegation though... 6th in the League - Derry, Longford, Drogheda, Sligo and Limerick all below us. Reached a cup semi too, so it's been a pretty decent season for Bray on the pitch after a slow start. Only conceeded 11 goals since may (i think...) so massive improvements on the pitch and something to build on
Next season I mean.

Roo69
12/10/2015, 1:25 PM
Next season I mean.

True enough, back to normality i fear

greywanderer
31/10/2015, 12:11 PM
Now the wait begin's, who's coming back next season. .

Martinho II
31/10/2015, 9:48 PM
Now the wait begin's, who's coming back next season. .

had heard rumours that niall cooney may be joining us.

Seagull
02/11/2015, 4:57 PM
Bray Wanderers is delighted to announce that goalkeeper Peter Cherrie has today signed a new 2 year contract with the club. Peter who joined Bray during the summer transfer window has quickly become a fans favourite at the Carlisle Grounds and everyone at Bray Wanderers is delighted to secure the services of Peter for another 2 years.

greywanderer
02/11/2015, 5:34 PM
Great to keep Cherrie but we now need to keep Douglas parker Cooney Mcevoy Hanlon and a few more. . Giggles is defo going ..

Roo69
03/11/2015, 1:30 PM
Great to keep Cherrie but we now need to keep Douglas Barker Cooney Mcevoy Hanlon and a few more. . Giggles is defo going ..

McEvoy is off down under... Not sure for how long but would imagine at least a year. Very happy to have Cherrie signed on already, very positive start

Bray Head
03/11/2015, 1:33 PM
McEvoy is off down under... Not sure for how long but would imagine at least a year. Very happy to have Cherrie signed on already, very positive start

I heard that its not true about McEvoy going to Australia.

Charlie Darwin
03/11/2015, 1:42 PM
I heard that its not true about McEvoy going to Australia.
Signed for McKelvey Celtic yesterday so maybe keeping his options open until after Christmas.

greywanderer
03/11/2015, 5:06 PM
At least finglas is closer than Australia.

Seagull
06/11/2015, 5:01 PM
Bray Wanderers are pleased to announce the signing of Mick Daly from Drogheda United. Mick Cooke moved quickly to secure the services of the former Drogheda captain on a 2 year contract

Roo69
09/11/2015, 10:44 AM
Bray Wanderers are pleased to announce the signing of Mick Daly from Drogheda United. Mick Cooke moved quickly to secure the services of the former Drogheda captain on a 2 year contract

Mark Sammon (Longford) also signed up on a 2 year deal... Don't think its been announced yet though

Seagull
09/11/2015, 5:30 PM
Mark Sammon (Longford) also signed up on a 2 year deal... Don't think its been announced yet though

On their Facebook: 'Bray Wanderers is pleased to announce the signing of Mark Salmon from Longford Town on a 2 year contract . 27 year old Salmon has been a key player and captain of Longford Town FC over the past few seasons and we're delighted to welcome him to the Carlisle Grounds'

All these two year contracts, is that the norm?

Seagull
09/11/2015, 7:51 PM
Mick Cooke signs another Drog, another 2 year contract.
Also putting pen to paper on a 2 year contract today is Alan Byrne who has signed from Drogheda United. Alan previously played as part of Mick Cookes Drogheda side that finished 2nd in the League in 2012 and will provide more experience in the wanderers squad for 2016 and 2017

centre mid
10/11/2015, 3:19 PM
Going on last season, not too sure signing defenders from Drogheda would be my first choice.

greywanderer
10/11/2015, 3:29 PM
Going on last season, not too sure signing defenders from Drogheda would be my first choice.

Agree, they don't have a great record but I'm sure Mcnally and Mitchell are finished, parker going to Bohs we need defenders and Cooke had these players before. .

greywanderer
10/11/2015, 8:53 PM
Agree, they don't have a great record but I'm sure Mcnally and Mitchell are finished, parker going to Bohs we need defenders and Cooke had these players before. .

Best news so far, Hugh Douglas stays. .

BWFC
14/11/2015, 2:23 PM
Hopefully Barker, Sullivan, Casso, Giggles and Hanlon all get re-signed

Roo69
16/11/2015, 1:18 PM
Mitchell has retired. Absolutely great servant to the club and gave nothing less than 100%.

Hulsey
17/11/2015, 12:59 PM
Mitchell has retired. Absolutely great servant to the club and gave nothing less than 100%.

Well said, probably got himself into trouble at times from caring too much for the cause. Was a great servant to the club

greywanderer
20/11/2015, 11:11 PM
Giggles confirmed as gone to St. Pats .

Martinho II
21/11/2015, 11:13 PM
lads whats yer opinion on Peter McKeown? I know hes controversial after this rant on twitter but I was interested in yer views on him.

Town Legend
21/11/2015, 11:55 PM
Marty, do you mean Peter McGlynn?

Hulsey
22/11/2015, 9:57 AM
lads whats yer opinion on Peter McKeown? I know hes controversial after this rant on twitter but I was interested in yer views on him.

Showed flashes of decent stuff, but was far too inconsistent to get away with carrying on on social media the way he did. If he applies himself he has the tools to be a good player, but can't say I'm overly disappointed he's gone.
He was the player who stupidly got himself sent off early in your 1-0 win in Bray

Martinho II
22/11/2015, 11:21 PM
Showed flashes of decent stuff, but was far too inconsistent to get away with carrying on on social media the way he did. If he applies himself he has the tools to be a good player, but can't say I'm overly disappointed he's gone.
He was the player who stupidly got himself sent off early in your 1-0 win in Bray

was runnin thro our goals online earlier from the last season and saw his sending off! he better get his act together!

Seagull
25/11/2015, 6:30 PM
Got a letter inviting me to a meeting on 3rd December re season tickets. Addressed to 'Dear season ticket holder', must have been too much trouble to address me by name. Anyway, it says they will take questions on the night. Anyone going along to this?

BWFC
25/11/2015, 6:53 PM
Any word on if we're going back to Friday home games?

greywanderer
25/11/2015, 7:20 PM
Got a letter inviting me to a meeting on 3rd December re season tickets. Addressed to 'Dear season ticket holder', must have been too much trouble to address me by name. Anyway, it says they will take questions on the night. Anyone going along to this?

Haven't received my invitation yet, is it a meeting or a Q&A session, maybe they are going to treat us to an end of season xmas night out and offer us a 2 year deal for our season ticket also..

greywanderer
26/11/2015, 11:41 AM
Got my invitation, I'll probably be going, if nothing else just to hear what he has to say about any more players staying or coming in.

greywanderer
01/12/2015, 4:46 PM
Barker gone to Pats also hearing that emeka has gone to wexford youths. . Anybody coming in..

Bray Head
02/12/2015, 10:31 AM
Barker gone to Pats also hearing that emeka has gone to wexford youths. . Anybody coming in..

Rumour is that 3 or 4 new players have been signed and will be announced at a meeting for season ticket holders on Thursday.
Still no news on some of last seasons squad Scully, Sullivan, Lyons, Cooney & Hanlon.

greywanderer
03/12/2015, 12:23 AM
Rumour is that 3 or 4 new players have been signed and will be announced at a meeting for season ticket holders on Thursday.
Still no news on some of last seasons squad Scully, Sullivan, Lyons, Cooney & Hanlon.

Sullivan also said farewell tonight. .

Bray Head
04/12/2015, 10:17 AM
Some decent players signed - Dean Kelly (Longford Town) Karl Moore (Bohemians), Conor Kenna & Ryan Brennan from Shamrock Rovers. Ger Pender & Jason Marks from Drogheda United.
Possibly a few more on the way according to reports on social media.

Alan Mc Nally has re-signed. Would like to see more of last seasons squad re-signed. No news about McGuinness, Scully, Lyons, Cooney & Hanlon yet.

Bray Head
04/12/2015, 10:19 AM
Any word on if we're going back to Friday home games?

Looks like Saturday at 7.30pm by a few reports.

nigel-harps1954
04/12/2015, 10:27 AM
Looks like Saturday at 7.30pm by a few reports.

From Bray Facebook page:

Last season saw Bray Wanderers switch to Saturday evening kick offs at 5:45pm. The clubs aim for the 2016 season is to see the average attendance rise, over 2,000 people attended the Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup semi-final against Cork City. This attendance brought double the net gate money for a league match.

Having spoken to local organisations and supporters it has been decided that Saturday nights will remain the day of choice for home matches, however kick off will move to the later time of 7:30pm to accommodate those who travel to Bray for matches and those in various sectors such as retail who often work until 6 in the town of Bray.

BWFC
04/12/2015, 9:23 PM
I'm happy with that kick off time, hopefully now there will be a buzz around coming up to the new season and get decent attendances. Would love to see some good atmosphere as well just like the cup semi final with a large group of Na Fanaithe chanting and singing...we need more atmosphere to carry the team on to new heights!