PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Fixtures: 18th-22nd September

Pages : [1] 2 3

nigel-harps1954
17/09/2015, 2:27 PM
Another big weekend of fixtures. A Limerick win away to Bray sees them finally off the bottom of the league with Sligo not playing this weekend. A win for Dundalk puts them 11 points clear with five games to play, albeit without Cork playing.

Bohs could all but guarantee a top five finish by Tuesday night if Bray lose both their weekend games and Bohs beat Longford.

Wexford, results depending, could win the First Division this weekend. If they beat UCD and Cobh beat Harps, Wexford will be champions. Alternatively, a win for UCD and Harps sees the gap at the top cut to four points with three games left. Shelbourne could also potentially find themselves back within one point of a play-off place if results go their way.

A win for Waterford over Cabinteely lifts them off the bottom of the First Division and above Cabinteely themselves. A small consolation for them.

Premier Division

Friday 18th September:

Dundalk v Drogheda United (7:25pm)
Bohemians v Longford Town
Derry City v Shamrock Rovers

Saturday 19th September:

Bray Wanderers v Limerick (5:45pm)

Tuesday 22nd September:

Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers

First Division

Friday 18th September:

Athlone Town v Shelbourne
Waterford United v Cabinteely
UCD v Wexford Youths

Saturday 19th September:

Cobh Ramblers v Finn Harps

EA Sports Cup Final

Saturday 19th September:

Galway United v St Patrick's Ath (6:05pm)

Dunny
18/09/2015, 6:58 AM
Waterford ehhh?Can't hate them enough.Hope they do finish bottom of Division 1.Sean Maguire ;)

Jofspring
18/09/2015, 10:05 AM
Huge opportunity for us to get off the bottom of the table and possible close in on the teams outside the relegation zone.

We haven't beaten Bray yet this season losing twice in the league and once in the cup so hopefully we can turn that around.

brendy_éire
18/09/2015, 12:29 PM
Derry City to be reinvigorated and eager to impress the new manager after Pizza's sacking this week?
No, almost certainly not. Will take a 0-0 at this stage and hope the others lose.

Lim till i die
18/09/2015, 7:59 PM
All Dundalk have to do now is roll over next week and the favours are returned.

nigel-harps1954
18/09/2015, 8:06 PM
Big scores in the First Division so far.

Athlone 2-1 Shels
UCD 1-1 Wexford

If it stays as it is, Harps could all but guarantee a play-off with a win over Cobh and go within five points of Wexford with Wexford yet to visit Finn Park. Could be a few twists in the title race yet.

Dundalk are head and shoulders above everyone in the league. Simply class.

nigel-harps1954
18/09/2015, 8:19 PM
I really don't like Danny Furlong.

Mr A
18/09/2015, 8:22 PM
Nobody does. He is worse than Hitler.

Darklordsbane
18/09/2015, 10:19 PM
very happy with the point for Longford, but with Bohs down to 10 men, we looked like we could and should have won, we played well for about 20 minutes and had them on the back foot, then let them back in the game I suppose a draw was far enough over the 90+ mins

Dunny
18/09/2015, 10:29 PM
Ref had a nightmare in tonights match(Dlk v Drgs).We complain every week about refs on this and tonight we seen just how fuqing inept and brutal the officials are.Drogs lucky not to at least another 2 bar Marks sent off.

WoodquayBoy
18/09/2015, 10:40 PM
Youffs almost there now!!

Dalymountrower
18/09/2015, 10:59 PM
very happy with the point for Longford, but with Bohs down to 10 men, we looked like we could and should have won, we played well for about 20 minutes and had them on the back foot, then let them back in the game I suppose a draw was far enough over the 90+ mins
Don't recall Longford playing well for any period, they were awful. Bohs went ahead after we went down to ten men and not exactly under the cosh thereafter.What have you done with Dean Kelly , put on about a stone since he joined you?

outspoken
18/09/2015, 11:35 PM
Don't recall Longford playing well for any period, they were awful. Bohs went ahead after we went down to ten men and not exactly under the cosh thereafter.What have you done with Dean Kelly , put on about a stone since he joined you?

He was our best player tonight till tony whipped him off. A draw was fair but we should have made more of the extraman. Team had no shape going forward. Cousins is dragging us down.

Dalymountrower
19/09/2015, 5:45 AM
Yeah, thought he was most likely to score a second for you.

strikeforce
19/09/2015, 7:15 AM
Ref had a nightmare in tonights match(Dlk v Drgs).We complain every week about refs on this and tonight we seen just how fuqing inept and brutal the officials are.Drogs lucky not to at least another 2 bar Marks sent off.
For as big and strong as your players look......THEY GO DOWN LIKE A SACK OF SPUDS each and every week. Anyway the league is yours again this year.....BUT NOT NEXT YEAR.:p

Dunny
19/09/2015, 7:50 AM
For as big and strong as your players look......THEY GO DOWN LIKE A SACK OF SPUDS each and every week. Anyway the league is yours again this year.....BUT NOT NEXT YEAR.:p
YOU COULD BE RIGHT!
69 points to date all got by falling on our holes.Maybe Cork need to do that every now and again ;)

Quayman
19/09/2015, 8:34 AM
Must feel great waking up to being a drog this morning!!! total performance from us.

White Horse
19/09/2015, 8:46 AM
For as big and strong as your players look......THEY GO DOWN LIKE A SACK OF SPUDS each and every week.

I blame the pitch.

mcgonigle
19/09/2015, 10:39 AM

Did you not know that's what wins you leagues! Cork have a big moral dilemma for next season, continue to be the most righteous team in the league or lower yourself to the level of the despicable champions and close the gap by lying, cheating and stealing!!

Only joking there's still the ability gap as well :p

jinxy lilywhite
19/09/2015, 11:19 AM

What a load of tosh.
Mick Daly shouldered Rogers in the opening 10. should of been booked. Minute later upended Shiels still no booking. Keith Tracey was lucky to be on the pitch for a near ankle breaking challenge on ronan finn. Schlingerman should of been sent off for peno also.
Minnows seem to just want to hack us down

strikeforce
19/09/2015, 7:12 PM
Looks like I rubbed some folk up the wrong way. Well done on winning the league. But we're not all wrong you know... that pitch is the worst pitch in the league. Stadium is ****e as well and there's the problem of the golf ball throwing natives. No wonder you lot get little away fans.

White Horse
19/09/2015, 7:23 PM
No wonder you lot get little away fans.

We get good away crowds. From Bohs, Shamrock Rovers, Pats, Derry, Sligo Rovers etc. All the big clubs.

nigel-harps1954
19/09/2015, 7:57 PM
Cobh 0-1 Harps

McNamee with a 20 yard belter to put Harps in front.

Dunny
19/09/2015, 8:10 PM
Looks like I rubbed some folk up the wrong way. Well done on winning the league. But we're not all wrong you know... that pitch is the worst pitch in the league. Stadium is ****e as well and there's the problem of the golf ball throwing natives. No wonder you lot get little away fans.

Blah blah blah,add something original or change the station buddy :rolleyes:

http://images.vectorhq.com/images/previews/597/broken-record-psd-448821.png

nigel-harps1954
19/09/2015, 8:48 PM
Harps all but mathematically guarantee a play-off spot with victory over Cobh tonight with a depleted squad. Three under-19 players were on the bench tonight and saw BJ Banda make his debut up front for the last few minutes at the age of 17 years and 87 days.

strikeforce
19/09/2015, 8:56 PM
First game against rovers I counted 15
Of them.

Nesta99
19/09/2015, 8:59 PM
Well done on winning the league. But we're not all wrong you know... that pitch is the worst pitch in the league. Stadium is ****e as well and there's the problem of the golf ball throwing natives. No wonder you lot get little away fans.

Apart from the problem with a few dirtbags at the end of last season the rest is a winning formula! W'ed love to have a brand new stadium built for us and a Wembley like grass surface. But an old fashioned stadium with an average of over over 3000 attendance and a pitch that hinders Dundalk's passing style little well so be it. We're not complaining. As often mentioned the home terrace Town side suffers the same limitations as the away terrace but is the place of choice for many of our support. W're not to shabby away from home either. Thanks for the congrats and all but it would be rude to start claiming any title until it is mathematically done and dusted. It will be nice to have Cork City players applauding the champions on to the pitch when and if the title wrapped up for that game.

Nesta99
19/09/2015, 9:03 PM
Harps all but mathematically guarantee a play-off spot with victory over Cobh tonight with a depleted squad. Three under-19 players were on the bench tonight and saw BJ Banda make his debut up front for the last few minutes at the age of 17 years and 87 days.

It would be great to have Harps back up! Plenty of old Donegal college pals to catch up with on a visit to Stranorlar next season ;)

nigel-harps1954
19/09/2015, 9:06 PM
Too soon to talk about promotion at all, but it's just bloody delightful to be in a play-off situation again and something to play for at the end of a league campaign after 8 years of sh!te.

Nesta99
19/09/2015, 9:21 PM
Too soon to talk about promotion at all, but it's just bloody delightful to be in a play-off situation again and something to play for at the end of a league campaign after 8 years of sh!te.

Pack the valium - play offs are a stressful occasion especially when you win to be promoted and then relegated again in a few days :mad:, Dunny can post his broken record again for this still bitter post!

nigel-harps1954
19/09/2015, 9:34 PM
Pack the valium - play offs are a stressful occasion especially when you win to be promoted and then relegated again in a few days :mad:, Dunny can post his broken record again for this still bitter post!

Telling a Harps fan to prepare for play-offs? Yeah....we're well aware of how it is.

White Horse
19/09/2015, 9:57 PM
I see Richie Towell went to the Carlisle Grounds to check out Limerick ahead of the away visit next week.

When a player uses his day off to check out the bottom club in the division, you know he is serious.

jinxy lilywhite
19/09/2015, 10:00 PM

Think you rubbed yourself up the wrong way pal.

As the lads said we won't celebrate yet until it's mathematically there. Could be a few twists and turns along the way.

Would be great though for the champions to be applauded onto the pitch by Cork and the shed also.

I wonder if dundalk now have won more leagues than cork has had loi football teams

Nesta99
19/09/2015, 11:21 PM
Telling a Harps fan to prepare for play-offs? Yeah....we're well aware of how it is.

I was really just taking the opportunity to have a rant about past twists of Play-offs caused by restructuring, or the attempts of a beaten club to claim that a player was unregistered etc. I resisted mention of DVDs!! I didnt intend to seem as if I preaching to the converted!!

Nesta99
19/09/2015, 11:24 PM
I wonder if dundalk now have won more leagues than cork has had loi football teams

Record holding Shamrock Rovers would struggle never mind Dundalk's possible addition of another title to the roll of honour....

Dunny
19/09/2015, 11:31 PM
Haha.Thay broken record image has been in my photoj stockpile for a few years now,never lets me down ;)

Charlie Darwin
20/09/2015, 12:03 AM
Dundalk can feel aggrieved but Harps have no excuse for not having their backup DVD prepared.

patrickccfc
20/09/2015, 12:16 AM
Would be great though for the champions to be applauded onto the pitch by Cork and the shed also.

Yeah good luck with that one.. deserved or not you'd get no applause from us. I do appreciate that ye are the better team though, but hopefully we meet in the cup final

Nesta99
20/09/2015, 12:46 AM
Yeah good luck with that one.. deserved or not you'd get no applause from us.

Whaaatt? But that goes totally against the ethos of virtue and fairplay/not tackling ever oF Cork City FC!

Nesta99
20/09/2015, 12:47 AM
Dundalk can feel aggrieved but Harps have no excuse for not having their backup DVD prepared.

Or a forensic examination of the players registrations of any opposition...

Dunny
20/09/2015, 5:55 AM
Yeah good luck with that one.. deserved or not you'd get no applause from us. I do appreciate that ye are the better team though, but hopefully we meet in the cup final
The team applauds the Champions on to the pitch not the fans.Yous can sit or stand as you see fit and rue the two years of failure that has yous scratching your sack ;)

strikeforce
20/09/2015, 7:42 AM
Ah don't worry about us. We'll be fine. When ye lot going to start ground sharing with drogs. Yous will get a nice reception when you come down.

Dunny
20/09/2015, 7:57 AM
us told

White Horse
20/09/2015, 8:34 AM

It may not come to that. I still expect a twist or two to come. To their credit, Cork are a good and resilient side.

However, if results go our way and Dundalk go to Turners Cross as 2015 champions, I think John Caulfield and his players will show a lot more class than you. They know how hard it is to win this league.

patrickccfc
20/09/2015, 9:15 AM
Christ I'm horrible when I'm drunk lol. it would irk me a lot but I'd applaud ye alright.

D24Saint
20/09/2015, 9:31 AM
I find any begrudgery towards Dundalk a bit irking they are clearly one of the most effective squads to ever grace the league in my time maybe not the most talented or pretty to watch but they are super fit & organised there is much to admire in them apart from Towell they are a likeable team & worthy champions its up to the rest of us to up our game & knock them off their perch.

outspoken
20/09/2015, 9:42 AM
I find any begrudgery towards Dundalk a bit irking they are clearly one of the most effective squads to ever grace the league in my time maybe not the most talented or pretty to watch but they are super fit & organised there is much to admire in them apart from Towell they are a likeable team & worthy champions its up to the rest of us to up our game & knock them off their perch.

Wait what? Effective and not pretty to watch. I think that's cork you a referring to. Dundalk are one of the finest sides to grace the league in years

D24Saint
20/09/2015, 10:02 AM
That's just compared to the $hels side that dominated & ourselves of 2013 both beautiful sides to watch I didn't mean to take anything away from Dundalk they are a fine side.

White Horse
20/09/2015, 10:19 AM
That's just compared to the $hels side that dominated & ourselves of 2013 both beautiful sides to watch I didn't mean to take anything away from Dundalk they are a fine side.

To be fair, that Pats side was poetry in motion at times. Particularly when Flood was on the bench ;)

They didn't have the power or pace of Dundalk so had to rely on their use of the ball. Watching the patterns of play they came up with was a joy to watch.

One of the finest LOI sides I've seen in 40 years.

Dunny
20/09/2015, 10:37 AM
It may not come to that. I still expect a twist or two to come. To their credit, Cork are a good and resilient side....

I don't.This league is done,Were or at on what fixtures do you reckon we can lose an 11 point lead ?