PDA

View Full Version : Peter Hutton sacked by Derry

Dunny
15/09/2015, 7:19 PM
Pizza sacked tonight.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/derry-city-peter-hutton-sacked-by-derry-city-1-6959485

D24Saint
15/09/2015, 7:28 PM
After sticking with him during the bad run the timing is interesting.

brendy_éire
15/09/2015, 7:34 PM
Stupid timing. Should have been done months ago or not at all.
Was it based on last night's match? We played alright.
Hegarty in charge till the end of the season, presumably with Eddie McCallion as coach is fine, but not happy with this.

Of note, Tommy Breslin left Cliftonville earlier today.

Aaron
15/09/2015, 10:01 PM
Kenny back next season, heard it here first

Jofspring
15/09/2015, 10:16 PM
Ah balls, was hoping he would be still there for th rest of the season. Last thing we need is the Derry lads to get a boost from a change of management.

KeepersBall
15/09/2015, 10:30 PM
Paul Kee anyone

oriel
15/09/2015, 10:31 PM
Seems a bit harsh, this could backfire big time as the team could spiral downwards and quickly too.

cheifo
15/09/2015, 10:47 PM
Seems a bit harsh, this could backfire big time as the team could spiral downwards and quickly too.

Derry fans seem to feel the downward spiral has been underway for quite some time.

Aaron
15/09/2015, 10:55 PM

Ermmm we have spiralled downward. People seem to forget he has been our manager for 16 months now, had the start of the season and July to change things and still we're 3 points off bottom of the league. Its no coincidence our form has picked up since Paul Hegarty has come in. Pizza will always be a legend as a player at Derry City, but a manager he is not

cestlavie
15/09/2015, 11:00 PM
He was doing a great job too, was hoping he would still be at the club for rest of the season so that the Harps could sink his ass.

Sam_Heggy
16/09/2015, 7:38 AM
David Jefferies must be nailed on favourite for the job.

punkrocket
16/09/2015, 8:28 AM
Would Tommy Breslin be at all interested?

oriel
16/09/2015, 12:42 PM
Ermmm we have spiralled downward. People seem to forget he has been our manager for 16 months now, had the start of the season and July to change things and still we're 3 points off bottom of the league. Its no coincidence our form has picked up since Paul Hegarty has come in. Pizza will always be a legend as a player at Derry City, but a manager he is not

Well that's true, but I don't think I would have a made a change at this stage in the season, Id have focused on staying up then take stock.

The guy coming in has 6 games, and a lot of players to lift, going to be a very tough task.

refjohn
16/09/2015, 1:17 PM
Would Tommy Breslin be at all interested?

Doubt it - a lot of talk on Irish League Forums that the primary reason for leaving Cliftonville is a promotion in the day job. Therefore can't see running training in Derry and travelling to Dublin and beyond on a Friday as working for him.

brendy_éire
16/09/2015, 1:46 PM
http://m.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/derry-city-derry-city-chairman-explains-peter-hutton-sacking-1-6959485

More ridiculous comments from our chairman regarding Dublin.
Completely ignoring the fact that the best two teams in the country aren't from Dublin, one of whom is managed by someone who lives 15 minutes from the Brandywell, and that not that long ago Sligo were doing well (with non-Sligo managers).
Pathetic excuses for actions of our board.

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2015, 1:53 PM
http://m.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/derry-city-derry-city-chairman-explains-peter-hutton-sacking-1-6959485

More ridiculous comments from our chairman regarding Dublin.
Completely ignoring the fact that the best two teams in the country aren't from Dublin, one of whom is managed by someone who lives 15 minutes from the Brandywell, and that not that long ago Sligo were doing well (with non-Sligo managers).
Pathetic excuses for actions of our board.
Were the comments about Dublin removed?

Mr A
16/09/2015, 1:54 PM
Is that the right link? I don't see anything about Dublin.

DannyInvincible
16/09/2015, 1:57 PM
The Dublin comment/excuse is in this RTÉ article: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0916/728206-derry-city-hutton/

All we can do is appoint the best candidate from the people that apply. We haven't had a lot of choice in terms of numbers. We've interviewed the applicants and made our best choice and they haven't really worked out.

We get a very small number of applicants any time we do have a vacant managerial position. Derry City is not that attractive a place. Irish football in general is very much Dublin-focused.

Mr A
16/09/2015, 2:55 PM
Some mad stuff coming out from there recently. The thing about moving a game when only a few days away from it and then lamenting there were no alternative times anyway was bizarre and this just adds to the poor impression, even if what he said was largely true.

I find it hard to believe there are not a lot of applications when the Derry job is available- they may not all be big names of course but LOI jobs always attract a lot of interest.

Edit- (because it has to be said) Clearly Derry are being Ridden Rock Solid by Dublin.

Longfordian
16/09/2015, 5:06 PM
If there's a crowd worse than the Black and Tans it's that shower above in Dublin

Aaron
16/09/2015, 5:28 PM
The timing is no coincidence, there are 58 days left of the season, people without the correct badges are allowed 60 days in charge

TonyD
16/09/2015, 6:03 PM
Some mad stuff coming out from there recently. The thing about moving a game when only a few days away from it and then lamenting there were no alternative times anyway was bizarre and this just adds to the poor impression, even if what he said was largely true.

I find it hard to believe there are not a lot of applications when the Derry job is available- they may not all be big names of course but LOI jobs always attract a lot of interest.

Edit- (because it has to be said) Clearly Derry are being Ridden Rock Solid by Dublin.

Cough "Roddy" cough

osarusan
16/09/2015, 6:11 PM
The timing is no coincidence, there are 58 days left of the season, people without the correct badges are allowed 60 days in charge
Who? Anybody specific in mind?

Nesta99
16/09/2015, 6:14 PM
Anybody done the "No Defunder" in a Paisley like voice as a Hutton prematch team talk? ok i shall move on. Its hard to be cut-throat when there is a club legend at the helm and there are few Derry fans who wouldn't see Hutton as a total Derry City legend, apart from his judas spell at Shels. Declan Devine in hindsight had the club in touch in the league before falling off in the final league round. Then the Roddy experiment Hegarty will be the 10th manager in 9-10 seasons but is skewed a bit by SK being there for 3 years In that period Derry have had 3 Dubs (Kenny twice), and a Scots in charge. A solid Irish League appointment during the close season possibly

Aaron
16/09/2015, 8:09 PM
Who? Anybody specific in mind?

Paul Hegarty given it till the end of the season, hence why the timing is explained

Briuk
16/09/2015, 10:33 PM
What an stupid decision, biggest problem in Derry is a lack of Striker, I don't know why Elding, C Morrison or Quigley didn't and aren't working. Could be the coach, However last weeks he seemed to have found the key with this new formations and Timlin used as striker etc. Drogheda result was undeserved. Team was looking well, specially at the back, now playing with fire.

This would only make sense if all this ideas that have worked were Hegarty's ideas, that's something we will not know.

outspoken
16/09/2015, 10:50 PM
I don't know why Elding, C Morrison or Quigley didn't and aren't working. Could be the coach,

Or maybe because they are sh1te

D24Saint
17/09/2015, 7:27 AM
Can't comment on the rest but from recent experience Quigley is finished at Loi level.

disgruntled
17/09/2015, 10:12 AM
What an stupid decision, biggest problem in Derry is a lack of Striker, I don't know why Elding, C Morrison or Quigley didn't and aren't working. Could be the coach, However last weeks he seemed to have found the key with this new formations and Timlin used as striker etc. Drogheda result was undeserved. Team was looking well, specially at the back, now playing with fire.

This would only make sense if all this ideas that have worked were Hegarty's ideas, that's something we will not know.

Quigley has the skill but no application while the other two just aren't good enough.

Nesta99
17/09/2015, 12:29 PM
Slightly hijacking this thread as I dont think it is worth starting a new one just yet and due to the source - little piece in the sun that Fenlon has been earmarked for a move to Celtic as an academy coach or director or something.

Yossarian
17/09/2015, 12:39 PM
Slightly hijacking this thread as I dont think it is worth starting a new one just yet and due to the source - little piece in the sun that Fenlon has been earmarked for a move to Celtic as an academy coach or director or something.

Makes sense given his history of success with bringing young players through his clubs.......

Dunny
11/10/2015, 1:53 PM
Hope this is bullsh1t ?! hope even more that Derry don't even....:)

"Manchester United legend has applied for the Derry City manager job"http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/manchester-united-legend-applied-derry-6613585

disgruntled
12/10/2015, 10:57 AM
Walk away Derry.
I'd be surprised if Kanchelskis even knew where Derry was :rolleyes:

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 10:18 AM
If Derry have to have a stint in the Riverside it might make it a little more palatable to the locals. What about all the connections he'd have and the players he could bring in from former clubs 'n all:rolleyes:

disgruntled
19/10/2015, 9:02 AM
If Derry have to have a stint in the Riverside it might make it a little more palatable to the locals. What about all the connections he'd have and the players he could bring in from former clubs 'n all:rolleyes:

That's why I suggested they walk away ;)