PDA

View Full Version : Yelverton

ConfusedBlue
14/12/2004, 2:21 PM
There's talk up Suirside of Steve Yelverton signing for us!Any of ye hear anything about this????

Crambler
14/12/2004, 3:13 PM
did hear strong rumour at the end of season that a move to waterford was likley,but nothing concrete since.hopefully not as he would be a hugh loss to us.

Comic Book Guy
14/12/2004, 7:14 PM
Yet another fine player will be allowed to leave while our board do f*** all about it, their needs to be big change in the way that ramblers are run otherwise they are going nowhere. :mad:

ramblers
14/12/2004, 7:30 PM
I think it is time Stevie moved on he has not had the best of seasons and maybe he needs a new challenge.

Maybe his heart is not in it since hilly left.

He is a great player and I would be sad to see him go but I think Stephen Henderson has his own ideas on who he wants in Cobh.

liam88
14/12/2004, 8:57 PM
Brilliant player-brilliant man (lovely wife!)
God bless ya Stevy and best of luck in whatever ya do-we'll miss ya though!

Rams-fan
17/12/2004, 12:05 PM
Will be sad to see Steve go but he deserves a chance to play premier soccer, which he won't get for another year at least at the Rams.

Yoda01
17/12/2004, 1:07 PM
he's going to waterford alright, reynolds offered him a contract and he's thinking over it.

Comic Book Guy
19/12/2004, 9:30 AM
does he relly want to be a back up player in waterford?

that ****in rat stealin all our good players. :mad:

In a way you can't blame a rival manager for snapping up players, the problem lies with our board who have proved themselves to be useless over and over again, if they had any sense they would tie these players up on two or three year deals, if Waterford or City came calling they would have to pay money for these players and not get them for free as happened with Willie Bruton

thecorner
19/12/2004, 11:30 AM
good player but not really premier league quality

piratemousey
20/12/2004, 10:02 AM
thats bizzare.

KR's Post
20/12/2004, 11:26 AM
Are cobh just a feeder club for waaaaterford and cork!!!!!!!! ;)

Comic Book Guy
20/12/2004, 7:21 PM
Are cobh just a feeder club for waaaaterford and cork!!!!!!!! ;)

It looks that way at the mo, i could say it till we are all blue in the face but the current board are clueless, the fact that 2-3,000 people queued for tickets to the man u game without paying in says it all :mad:

liam88
20/12/2004, 11:43 PM
out with the fcukin board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trixie for Chairman :D !

A face
21/12/2004, 12:07 AM
willie had signed 2 year contract but left after 1 year....for free. :confused:

Could have been just one ... the club might have been conscious for signing players for the off-season aswell, having to pay them when there is no revenue coming in. Might have been the reason ??

CollegeTillIDie
21/12/2004, 8:16 PM
It looks that way at the mo, i could say it till we are all blue in the face but the current board are clueless, the fact that 2-3,000 people queued for tickets to the man u game without paying in says it all :mad:

Comic Book Guy

Agreed, Ramblers should have charged those eejits to come in and then sold them tickets to the ManUre game. Think what an extra €20,000 would have done to that weeks gate receipts. :rolleyes:

Crambler
22/12/2004, 8:47 AM
trixie is the real chairman,a gentleman and fairplay does great work for the club.

cobhrambler20
23/12/2004, 9:14 PM
Yet another fine player will be allowed to leave while our board do f*** all about it, their needs to be big change in the way that ramblers are run otherwise they are going nowhere. :mad:
heard stevie is in talks with hendo at da min about a new contract for the current season was told with work he wouldnt be able to travel to waterford and back all the time.hopefully he have a good season and get us promoted.

CollegeTillIDie
24/12/2004, 6:42 PM
he's not roy keane at all...it'll take a team effort.

AS I recall even with Roy Keane in the side ye did not get promoted that season :p

CollegeTillIDie
25/12/2004, 3:59 PM
who the **** are you? and what does this have anything to do with you? :rolleyes:

back to college boy...

Jeez your insularity is worthy of a GAAAAAAAAAAAAA supporter.
We played you lot three times last season. I'm glad I didn't bother going to the away game after that posting. :(

CollegeTillIDie
25/12/2004, 9:09 PM
and your lucky i didnt go to the away match against ye! :mad:

We had enough knuckledraggers from your neck of the woods on the field on that occasion thanks :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
26/12/2004, 1:02 PM
alright boy... run along now. :rolleyes:

Who're you calling boy sucker? :rolleyes:

Comic Book Guy
27/12/2004, 11:54 AM
Who're you calling boy sucker? :rolleyes:
Gentlemen can we all just get along please in this festive season :confused:

liam88
27/12/2004, 4:33 PM
trixie is the real chairman,a gentleman and fairplay does great work for the club.

Aye! Agreed-fair play :D

liam88
27/12/2004, 7:47 PM
trixie for chairman!! :D
I'm well up for that! See if we can get a campaign going? ;) :D

liam88
27/12/2004, 9:42 PM
ha ha well have to get a load of fellas together and take over the clubhouse. ;) :D
We'll give it a crack when I come over tommorow! :D ;)

Comic Book Guy
03/01/2005, 10:51 AM
Heard from one of the players yesterdat that Steve has joined waterford :( and the good news is that Cliffy will be coming back :)

Ramsey1
09/01/2005, 6:16 PM
I've nothing against Trixie but i feel we need a young chairman someone that can bring new ideas to the club some fresh to the scene. Basicly we need someone with a business that could feed us a couple of pound extra every year. I reckon thats the only thing that can improve us as a club and it has to be done.

Comic Book Guy
09/01/2005, 7:45 PM
I've nothing against Trixie but i feel we need a young chairman someone that can bring new ideas to the club some fresh to the scene. Basicly we need someone with a business that could feed us a couple of pound extra every year. I reckon thats the only thing that can improve us as a club and it has to be done.

Have to agree with the above especially the bit about a new chairman, if you look at the people running the club it's the same faces give or take one or two, new blood and new ideas are badly needed.

Ramsey1
10/01/2005, 6:28 PM
I Know he's not chairman.
I can't see it happening but i know this is what the cub need and yes not just a chairman but a whole new board that could give a different approach to the club make our good players stay. Just things like that and our side could compete against the better clubs in the country.
I still can't see anyone that would do this other then anyone in the current board and its a pitty that it's this way.