PDA

View Full Version : Section O match

Martinho II
10/09/2015, 8:50 PM
Its gone way too quiet down here for my liking. As a lot of the Section O lads know,its my 40th on tommorrow week and I am rather disappointed in the lack of urgency from the younger Section O lads. Sorbo the Greek has being trying to organise a older Section O v younger Section O match and thought it would be a good idea to have it the day on the day after my birthday which is the 19th of this month and a day after my birthday and the day of my celebrations.

But all is happening is we are being passed from one to the other and nobody can give me an answer. For god sake it is only a football match but thats if the way ye think of me and my pals well we will play amongst ourselves. Section O doenst have the same unity that it used to have and a lot of people dont go on the buses anymore for reasons that are best left off here!

I am rather annoyed and frustrated that we cant get an answer whether there will be a match or not! If you dont want to play the match then simply have the manners and get back to Sorbo and let him know as it is rather unfair on him as he has worked damn hard to make this happen!

Mister X
10/09/2015, 10:39 PM
Best bet would be to pick a team captain for the younger lads, set a time and venue and then get him to get the 11 together rather than approaching lads individually with no details of who's defiantly playing, where it is or a kick off time...

outspoken
10/09/2015, 10:43 PM
I agree with Mister X. I'd be happy to try and get 11 lads together but as said above id be details before I start approaching people such as date, time, venue. Were you thinking of under 40 V over 40 or does it matter?

Cabs88
11/09/2015, 11:50 AM
Marty. I'm sure no one has any issue with you or any of your friends. The older lads have welcomed us in the past and in my own experience have been nothing but sound to me. I can't stress that enough. I understand that Sorbo has tried to get this game going, but please don't forget that we have tried to get the game going earlier in the year but were unable to get numbers. I'm sure you understand only too well that many people are not around Longford these days, and that has made things difficult. I understand that you are frustrated, but it is not too late to organise something. A simple call or text could have helped resolve a lot.

I hope you're looking forward to your big night and I'm sure it will be a great one.

We'll have a chat later and hopefully be able to sort something re the game :ball:

Martinho II
11/09/2015, 10:23 PM
Marty. I'm sure no one has any issue with you or any of your friends. The older lads have welcomed us in the past and in my own experience have been nothing but sound to me. I can't stress that enough. I understand that Sorbo has tried to get this game going, but please don't forget that we have tried to get the game going earlier in the year but were unable to get numbers. I'm sure you understand only too well that many people are not around Longford these days, and that has made things difficult. I understand that you are frustrated, but it is not too late to organise something. A simple call or text could have helped resolve a lot.

I hope you're looking forward to your big night and I'm sure it will be a great one.

We'll have a chat later and hopefully be able to sort something re the game :ball:

thanks Cabs.It was just Seamie wasnt gettin any response from ye up to last night.I apologise if I went over the top.I know Seamie has being tryin to get this organised for two years and I didnt want to let him down! It was my passion for this that went overboard. I know we have being talkin about a under 30s v Over 30s in the Mall. I suppose five a side would be a start but if we get more we could always get a bigger pitch. I will send Seamie an email later. No hard feelings!

sorbothegreek
18/09/2015, 10:30 PM
Tomorrow at 1pm in the Mall some old men will put on a jersey for the first time in an age and see what happens. The Marty Stapo testamonial.

pineapple stu
19/09/2015, 9:15 AM
Video highlights on YouTube perhaps? :p

Martinho II
19/09/2015, 5:28 PM
Video highlights on YouTube perhaps? :p

photos are on Seamies Facebook page! 15 ppl showed! much sweating but serious craic and great to have a lot of the lads together again as it doenst happen too often now!

Darklordsbane
19/09/2015, 6:16 PM
Who won, man of the match etc

Longfordian
19/09/2015, 7:02 PM
Exclusive YouTube footage

http://youtu.be/EwmmX0Ms3D0

Not that I'm too far behind most of ye

Martinho II
20/09/2015, 8:39 PM
Who won, man of the match etc

there was only 3 of the younger section o lads that showed! 12 of the elder section o lads showed so we played amongst ourselves for two hours! score was 11-10! Pauro 7 scored the best ever og from a skiffed cross from yours truly! some craic! photos are on facebook if you are friends with me on it!