PDA

View Full Version : BBM not doing so good?

Pablo
16/01/2002, 6:10 PM
BBM aint getting into the Preston Team.....could we see him back before too long? fair enough he's in the squad but he is pushing on now(24) he needs to make the breaktrough soon. theres a young dublin lad in the team ahead of him now aswell(Keane)

http://www.pnefc.net/stats/view/player_profiles/0,1563,10362~8831,00.html

pete
16/01/2002, 6:43 PM
I remember seeing on their site last year the Keane fella breaking through to 1st team fom youth team or something...

new Keane supposed to be red hot forward/winger & i think has been called into the irish u-21s.

Reserve team footie ain't good for BBM but i'm sure Preston have a strong squad & it hard to break into. He got a lot of run outs off the bench last season & think might have been injured earlier this year?

Pablo
16/01/2002, 6:45 PM
i really though he'd make it. reserve team captain is good i suppose and 20 first team appearences cant be bad but unless you are a regular all it takes is a change of manager and you are in trouble......

yiddo
16/01/2002, 9:49 PM
BBM was out injured for a lon spell but is now back on the bench. I'm sure he'll be back in the team soon. BTW is he really 24. I thought he was maybe 22 max??

Peadar
17/01/2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by pete
new Keane supposed to be red hot forward/winger & i think has been called into the irish u-21s.

Michael Keane from Dublin as far as I know.
He's been called up to train with the U21's
They also have a Cork lad in their youth squad called Graeme Keane.
I am of course open to correction on both of these points.

pete
17/01/2002, 11:33 AM
Michael Keane from Dublin as far as I know.

Correct, Think he may only be 19 too.

SeanC
17/01/2002, 2:38 PM
Hard to say why Brian isn't getting his game. He's solid - rarely puts a pass astray- but (opinion) he's perhaps a bit predictable in his approach.

Having said that, Brian is a vital part of the set up at Deepdale. I'd be surprised if he didn't start getting more of a look in within the next couple of months - one of the main playmakers Rankine is out with a broken foot.

Good to see another Irishman in the first team. Michael Keane is ex-Cherry Orchard.

There's another Keane in the squad too - Graeme - no relation to any of other more famous Keanes. He;s from Glanmire, the youngest player on North End's books (age 16). D'Echo had a write-up on him a couple of weeks ago. He seems to be fitting in well.

Pablo
17/01/2002, 2:49 PM
A question for ya Sean.....why do you follow PNE? you even have an Irish SC?

This is why City aint doing well...even the local follow obscure Brittish teams. Isnt there a Leyton Orient SC in Cork? why?

Peadar
17/01/2002, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
A question for ya Sean.....why do you follow PNE? you even have an Irish SC?
This is why City aint doing well...even the local follow obscure Brittish teams. Isnt there a Leyton Orient SC in Cork? why?

I don't have any problem with people having an interest in teams from other countries. It only becomes a problem for me when these people start trying to convince you that the team is infact and Irish team who happen to play their football in a foreign league. Like Celtic or Liverpool. Why can't people have an interest in these teams and say "I follow Celtic, a team from Glasgow who play in the SPL". I heard a muppet on the radio one day saying, "sure isn't Liverpool the second capitol of Ireland?". What a load or rubbish! Irish football is what is played here every week. Nothing else can make that claim.

Mutteo
17/01/2002, 3:26 PM
Am I to believe that people who support City don't also have a team in Britain they support? Surely, someone who supports PNE or Orient is more likely to have more of a passion for football than most. Kind of like those who support City...

Pablo
17/01/2002, 3:33 PM
Its a chicken and egg situation but the only way we can have a better quality league is by more paying customers come through the turnstiles.....this wont happen if people get on a plane to support feckin preston a few times a year.

i have no problem supporting a foreign team but your home town should be your NO.1 team at all times.

end of story

James
17/01/2002, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

I heard a muppet on the radio one day saying, "sure isn't Liverpool the second capitol of Ireland?".

exactly everyone knows that Dubaland is the second capital of ireland

SeanC
17/01/2002, 9:22 PM
Why do I follow PNE? I was born in Preston. All my mother's side of the family are from there and I visit there as much as often as I can (ie when the wife lets me).

I do get up to the Cross when I can. I haven't been up in a while but hey, I've a really good excuse!

Is that OK with ye? :)

PS One other reason I'm a North Ender: PNE are the greatest team on earth.

Mutteo
18/01/2002, 10:28 AM
"One other reason I'm a North Ender: PNE are the greatest team on earth."

After Cork City of course.

Let's be honest, it takes something special (insane?) to get out of bed on a Sunday with a hangover and trundle down to the Cross on a gloriously windy and wet day to see city draw 0-0 with some bottom of the table rubbish. I can see why people don't go to city games and would rather stay in and watch TV.
Especially when they come along to a match like that against Shams in the cup and conclude the ground is looking a bit nicer than the last time they were here and that City are crap.
The recent scandal with Pats has set the league back years. It's cringe material. If one of the top managers in the league is thinking of walking out of the game because of his disgust with how its run, then we can't really be expecting to take new supporters on board.
We can only hope that summer soccer will make it more attractive to come and watch a game and all that extra daylight will find its way into the darkened minds of those that run the game.

niamh
18/01/2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mutteo

Especially when they come along to a match like that against Shams in the cup and conclude the ground is looking a bit nicer than the last time they were here and that City are crap.

The recent scandal with Pats has set the league back years. It's cringe material. If one of the top managers in the league is thinking of walking out of the game because of his disgust with how its run, then we can't really be expecting to take new supporters on board.

Fair point...particularly the Cup match.. it seems to be one scandal or sore point after another is doing the league permanent damage. My 8 year old cousin supports Barcelona and when I suggested he come along to a City macth, the reply was that City were ****e. How can you argue with that?

pete
18/01/2002, 4:11 PM
The league & FAI might move from one ****up to another but at least eL players aren't beating the c**p out of people & getting in fights when they on a night out!

Woodgate for found guilty in that long running trial of being involved in a beating of an asian guy who was lucky to survive. Strangely no ones said irish kids shouldn't look up to these scum!

Éanna
21/01/2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pete
Strangely no ones said irish kids shouldn't look up to these scum!
spot on, that's a point should have been pushed very strongly by the media, but surprise surprise wasn't. :rolleyes: