PDA

View Full Version : LOI Fixtures 5th September.

Dunny
05/09/2015, 10:38 AM
Premier Division

Shamrock Rovers v Bohemian FC 3pm

Derry City v Drogheda United 5pm

Bray Wanderers v Cork City 5:45pm

Limerick FC v St. Patrick's A. 6:30pm

Dundalk FC v Sligo Rover 7pm

Galway United v Longford Town 7;45pm

First Division

Shelbourne v Cabinteely 7;45pm

Athlone Town v UCDAFC 7;45pm

Finn Harps v Waterford United 8pm

Wexford Youths v Cobh Ramblers 8pm

LFC Blue
05/09/2015, 11:01 AM
Limerick v Pats the big one for me. Local radio reporting this morning that the main stand (1350) will be sold out well in advance of kick off so expect our biggest home crowd since our return to the Markets Field. This is the big one for me. 3 points and we could be within a solitary point of three teams.

White Horse
05/09/2015, 11:02 AM
Limerick v Pats the big one for me. Local radio reporting this morning that the main stand (1350) will be sold out well in advance of kick off so expect our biggest home crowd since our return to the Markets Field. This is the big one for me. 3 points and we could be within a solitary point of three teams.

Great time to play Pats. They devoid of belief, passion, and enthusiasm.

Dunny
05/09/2015, 11:17 AM
Some spread of fixtures there.Near 7 hours between start of the 1st one to end of the last one.

Lims promo poster for the match against Pats is an absolute belter!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN0pgU_WoAEEDjW.jpg

Dalymountrower
05/09/2015, 12:02 PM
Isn't it rich...

D24Saint
05/09/2015, 1:06 PM
Big game for us today another defeat and this season is essentially over except for the EA cup final.

bluewhitearmy
05/09/2015, 2:54 PM
Big game for us today another defeat and this season is essentially over except for the EA cup final.

Personally I think you would be mad to not just focus on this.

redarmyfaction
05/09/2015, 3:36 PM
Any idea why Powers, Oddscchecker et al have our game v Dundalk down as televised by RTE.

nigel-harps1954
05/09/2015, 4:10 PM
Rovers 1-1 Bohs FT

Titan
05/09/2015, 5:07 PM
Any idea why Powers, Oddscchecker et al have our game v Dundalk down as televised by RTE.

Are they Getting mixed up with the cup game?

redarmyfaction
05/09/2015, 5:25 PM
Are they Getting mixed up with the cup game?

They must be, shows the amount of attention they pay to the LOI, the pricing for the Dublin Derby today being a case in point.

D24Saint
05/09/2015, 6:44 PM
3 down to ten men Saints in meltdown it's forth at best & Dundalk/cork to do us a favour.

patrickccfc
05/09/2015, 6:47 PM
Massive opportunity missed to pull clear in second with rovers only managing a point. Dundalk to effectively win the league with a win, not that there was any doubt

paykanti
05/09/2015, 7:00 PM
I'm still struggling to get my head around this Limerick turnaround. It's not the manager, Kanyuka or Kelly so it basically comes down to Freddy Hall and Lee Lynch being so good, they've managed to turn such a shambolic side into arguably one of the best in the country overnight.

Jofspring
05/09/2015, 7:24 PM
Having a keeper that can catch the ball is key. Duggan, Lynch and O 'Connor have been outstanding also. Dean Clarke on the wing has been devastating and Ian Turner has been putting in some serious quality from crosses.

White Horse
05/09/2015, 8:41 PM
A point gifted to Sligo this evening. Sligo worked hard but created nothing of note. A shambolic goalkeeping performance from Gary Rogers was their saviour.

avvenalaf
05/09/2015, 8:47 PM
A point gifted to Sligo this evening. Sligo worked hard but created nothing of note. A shambolic goalkeeping performance from Gary Rogers was their saviour.

Mission accomplished. Return to base, agent Rogers.

red bellied
05/09/2015, 8:56 PM
Murphy at Shams probably best keeper in league. Rogers is prone to plenty of mistakes. He was at fault at the previous Sligo-Dundalk in the Showgrounds for a goal, very over rated in a bad league for keepers. I would still have him over Brush though who is calamitous.

thomas72
05/09/2015, 8:57 PM
Few pats fans tried to get on the pitch after the game to confront Buckley stewards stopped them fairness to Buckley he walked over to speak to them.

D24Saint
05/09/2015, 9:25 PM
Few pats fans tried to get on the pitch after the game to confront Buckley stewards stopped them fairness to Buckley he walked over to speak to them.

Is this for real wouldnt like to this it was but the run we are on always smokes out the fickle.

oriel
05/09/2015, 10:28 PM
This wasn't good by Dundalk tonight, but we simply didn't do enough to win the game. Sligo will feel very happy with the point, not sure they worked that hard for it, probably got the point from a very poor second half display by Dundalk, but credit them to scoring two away goals. Not many have done that in oriel park over the past 2 seasons.

Cork will feel that was a last chance saloon missed tonight, but they are running out of games. It didn't feel like we are 8 pts clear walking out of the ground after that display, but we are.

pineapple stu
05/09/2015, 10:32 PM
The first division has changed in the last week. Three points dropped by us to goalkeeping howlers. Furlong back on fire and dragging Wexford along with him. Still technically in our own hands, but we pretty much need to beat Wexford home and away in the next two games. Should be helped by having the half a team we were missing tonight back. But it's still a tall order

WoodquayBoy
05/09/2015, 11:24 PM
Important win for us tonight. Think Longford probably shaded first half, but we created the better chances; and then we just went ape for 10 min spell in second half. Relegation battle will go all the way to the last day I'd imagine. What has happened Limerick? And Pats for that matter - 4 defeats on the bounce now. Knowing our luck, they'll decide to turn up and give us a spanking in EA Cup final before resuming disaster football in the league

Darklordsbane
05/09/2015, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=WoodquayBoy;1837207]Important win for us tonight. Think Longford probably shaded first half,

You should have been 4 nil up at half time Fair play to ye gave us a lesson in football as far as I'm concerned

patrickccfc
06/09/2015, 12:01 AM
Cork will feel that was a last chance saloon missed tonight, but they are running out of games. It didn't feel like we are 8 pts clear walking out of the ground after that display, but we are.

Well after the rovers game finished 1-1 I was thinking great chance to push ahead in the race for second, but with dundalk drawing it's disappointing not to have got the the win. Not that I think we will win the league but at least it would've made it a little interesting

WoodquayBoy
06/09/2015, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=WoodquayBoy;1837207]Important win for us tonight. Think Longford probably shaded first half,

You should have been 4 nil up at half time Fair play to ye gave us a lesson in football as far as I'm concerned
We certainly had the better chances in first half but thought ye looked more composed on the ball. Still, won't argue, massive win for us considering the wins for Limerick and Drogheda

nigel-harps1954
06/09/2015, 3:16 AM
Harps were largely beaten by some absolutely mental decisions by the officials. Perfectly good goal ruled out for an offside that was so far onside that even the Waterford players had a laugh about it. Officiating in this league needs a proper good look at.

SwanVsDalton
06/09/2015, 2:57 PM
Derry were a complete shambles yesterday. Drogheda deserved the win - only question was over a couple of penalty calls (we should've had a least one) from another poor refeering performance, but honestly that's a subplot compared to how poor we are.

A week after the best win of our season we just reverted to type. Outfought, out-thought and out-worked. Think it was a total balls-up from Pizza - played three at the back, one of them LB Dean Jarvis, with Mark Timlin and Stephen Dooley as wingers. Meant Drogheda got in down the flanks pretty much constantly.

Good to see Keith Treacy in the league, even if he is at least two stone overweight.

nigel-harps1954
06/09/2015, 4:35 PM
The first division has changed in the last week. Three points dropped by us to goalkeeping howlers. Furlong back on fire and dragging Wexford along with him. Still technically in our own hands, but we pretty much need to beat Wexford home and away in the next two games. Should be helped by having the half a team we were missing tonight back. But it's still a tall order

Definitely Wexfords to lose from here. The only way they'll blow it now is if Danny Furlong gets injured.

KeepersBall
07/09/2015, 7:50 AM
Murphy at Shams probably best keeper in league. Rogers is prone to plenty of mistakes. He was at fault at the previous Sligo-Dundalk in the Showgrounds for a goal, very over rated in a bad league for keepers. I would still have him over Brush though who is calamitous.
Schlingermann in Drogheda is probably the best 'keeper playing this season. Red bellied is yer man Coulter any good

red bellied
07/09/2015, 8:56 AM
Coulter is even worse, he had a spell in the side after Brush got injured early in the season. Sligo Rovers have arguably the two worst first and second choice keepers in tthe league.

nigel-harps1954
08/09/2015, 6:28 PM
Extended highlights of Harps v Waterford including a couple of incredible refereeing decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrS98rhN88

sulywaterfordfc
08/09/2015, 8:52 PM
Harps were largely beaten by some absolutely mental decisions by the officials. Perfectly good goal ruled out for an offside that was so far onside that even the Waterford players had a laugh about it. Officiating in this league needs a proper good look at.

Going on the highlights you posted looked like both teams had a goal disallowed wrongly. Mehh Harps had the chances to win it, wouldn't blame the ref. Going on the highlights Harps had a couple of chances you'd expect to be scored that didn't even hit the target.