PDA

View Full Version : LOI Fixtures 28/08 - 01/09

Pages : [1] 2 3

NeverFeltBetter
28/08/2015, 7:15 PM
Limerick off to a crazy good start away to Drogs, three up in 15 minutes, now 3-1. Just in time for Derry to take the lead away to Pats! Could be very tight in the bottom 5 before weekend is over.

Jofspring
28/08/2015, 7:31 PM
1-4 now. We have become like a machine in front of goals. 17 goals in 5 games.

Longfordian
28/08/2015, 7:52 PM
Makes you wonder where the fook this form was earlier in the season?

Jofspring
28/08/2015, 8:09 PM
Makes you wonder where the fook this form was earlier in the season?

We were seriously lacking Lynchs quality in the middle of the park and some experience at the back. We started one game with a 17 and 19 year old as our centre halfs.

Surely Viiny Faherty for LOi player of the month also.

donnrua
28/08/2015, 8:11 PM
Don't forget we had Conor O'Donnell in goal for the first 20 games!

paykanti
28/08/2015, 8:27 PM
B. Dennehy scoring within 4 minutes of coming on whilst Dundalk losing. The drama :cool:

placid casual
28/08/2015, 8:50 PM
Have the Dundalk team switched off cos they think the league is done & dusted?
Good night for Rovers with them drawing & pats losing-its imperative Rovers take full advantage tomorrow against Shligo.

and Drogs could be goin down it seems...

jinxy lilywhite
28/08/2015, 9:02 PM
Have the Dundalk team switched off cos they think the league is done & dusted?
Good night for Rovers with them drawing & pats losing-its imperative Rovers take full advantage tomorrow against Shligo.

and Drogs could be goin down it seems...

Still have to beat Sligo.......

Listening to our game on Dundalk fm and definitely a point gained rather than 2 dropped. don't know why but Bohs have been somewhat of a bogey team for us. by all reports we didn't play well and got a goal in the 93rd minute and had a chance to win it in the end

Brilliant to get the point.

Rovers next Tuesday and hopefully we can put them to the sword. Also fingers crossed the good folk of Dundalk will be able to wake their dead in peace when Rovers are in Town

Jofspring
28/08/2015, 9:31 PM
Dundalk would want to be careful. They are coming down to the Markets Field for an absolute hiding in a few weeks :D

Pablo Escobar
28/08/2015, 9:42 PM
Dundalk would want to be careful. They are coming down to the Markets Field for an absolute hiding in a few weeks :D
I don't know what to make of Limerick at this stage. They must be odds on not to finish last now!? Drogs are in trouble I feel.

jinxy lilywhite
28/08/2015, 9:46 PM

I think we owe you one. Colin Scanlon, beating Cork also, and humiliating Drogheda tonight.

Those are the games I would be sceptical about. Limerick away, Sligo next Friday and in the cup, Galway also. Those 3 will be fighting for their lives when we face them. Rovers will be a tough prospect and we have to play them twice but I feel that we know what is the best they can do.

White Horse
28/08/2015, 10:00 PM
Listening to our game on Dundalk fm and definitely a point gained rather than 2 dropped. don't know why but Bohs have been somewhat of a bogey team for us. by all reports we didn't play well and got a goal in the 93rd minute and had a chance to win it in the end

Brilliant to get the point.

We were unlucky to have a perfectly good goal disallowed. A draw was a fair result, even if we had more possession and chances.

Bohs love playing against us, their players are always up for it against Dundalk. Imagine where they would be if they approached other games that way. They would still be in the Cup for starters.

TonyD
28/08/2015, 10:00 PM
So, Pats proved tonight you can't play without a striker. We are falling apart. More than half the game against ten men of Derry, who had one effort and scored and to top it off we miss the gift of a penalty (which I'm not quite sure why we got.) Chris Forrestor gone to Peterborough seemingly. Stop the season, I want to get off :(

Charlie Darwin
28/08/2015, 11:21 PM
I really don't think it's fair on the person who pays for this forum to be discussing that on here and you should both delete the relevant part.

Familiar feeling of resignation as Dundalk grab an injury time goal to the get the draw/win, but it does give Rovers a tiny chance to maybe put some doubt in Dundalk minds before Tuesday. I don't think three points in Sligo are anything close to guaranteed though - it would require far more consistency of performance than we've shown this season. Either way, the Derry result could be far more important.

I think Limerick might give out another bloody nose to one of the top four before the season is out.

Dunny
28/08/2015, 11:37 PM
Best way to(try) get anything that offends you or that you regard as ott removed is to hit the report button and alert the mods to the post and see what opinion they have.
Akinade was brilliant for Bohs tonight i believe,seems like he is more than a handful for some of the leagues best defenders!

White Horse
29/08/2015, 12:04 AM
ION how many games are left? Think we might have left it a bit late to catch Dundalk but Europe is definitely on. :ball:

I doubt any team is looking forward to a trip to the Market's Field. The Great Escape is definately on.

Lim till i die
29/08/2015, 12:17 AM
Even though they are the windiest team of all time Pats really should do us next week.

We 're missing Robbie Williams massive loss at centre half.

Our home games are Pats Dundalk Derry and Shamrock.

Derry is a must win. The other three are pure bonus point territory.

Our other must wins are away to Galway and away to Bray.

Win those three and we 'll have something to play for going up to Sligo on the last day.

It's still highly unlikely, to stay up you're talkin about us taking 25 points from our last 11 games. Fantastic as the last feww weeks have been it just looks so improbable.

We still defend like drunk children which is a problem.

Great value for the neutral mind. 29 goals in our last five games, 17 for 12 against!

Charlie Darwin
29/08/2015, 12:23 AM
Even though they are the windiest team of all time Pats really should do us next week.

We 're missing Robbie Williams massive loss at centre half.
Well Pats don't have any strikers so I'd imagine they cancel each other out somewhat. Limerick will beat one of Pats, Rovers or Dundalk, I think.

geysir
29/08/2015, 12:28 AM
I really don't think it's fair on the person who pays for this forum to be discussing that on here and you should both delete the relevant part.

Familiar feeling of resignation as Dundalk grab an injury time goal to the get the draw/win, but it does give Rovers a tiny chance to maybe put some doubt in Dundalk minds before Tuesday. I don't think three points in Sligo are anything close to guaranteed though - it would require far more consistency of performance than we've shown this season. Either way, the Derry result could be far more important.

I think Limerick might give out another bloody nose to one of the top four before the season is out.
Dundalk "grabbing a goal to get the point"??
Do I hear the the violins playing a tune of woe here?
Perhaps if Shamrock Rovers had a similar quality as Dundalk they might have been in the game to have a possibility to gain a late point when they played Bohs:) Do you seriously think the champions are getting a rub of the green here? The reality is for the champions, in a few games they will have to put in the extra effort all the way to the final whistle to get something, the point or points are not grabbed, they are finally conquered, not shabbily grabbed.

Ditto on deleting the derogatory remarks, they have no place in this thread.

Charlie Darwin
29/08/2015, 12:38 AM
Perhaps if Shamrock Rovers had a similar quality as Dundalk they might have been in the game to have a possibility to gain a late point when they played Bohs:)
That's exactly the point I was making.

It's a common trait of the current Dundalk team to score injury time goals to get results against teams that have held out for a long time. It's a compliment. Good grief, Dundalk fans are hypersensitive.

Dunny
29/08/2015, 1:01 AM
Geysir is a Dundalk supporter :confused:

Well in all the years i'm here i never g.. ... wait, hold a minute....,what ?
Honestly ?

TonyD
29/08/2015, 10:18 AM

!

Not necessarily. As I said above we are falling apart. You've got more than a fair chance of beating us. As Charlie Darwin says, we have no strikers. Not sure if Fagan is due back in the next couple of weeks, he could make a difference.

Acornvilla
29/08/2015, 10:24 AM
If Fagan's fit he'll get a hattrick against Limerick, they're so open, Pats on a bad day will still get a few chances. As things stand thou, that might not be enough to beat Limerick :D

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lims get about 9 maybe as much as 10 more points. Will 28/29 be enough to stay up or make the playoff is the question?

colonelwest
29/08/2015, 11:12 AM
Good game in Dalyer last night, both teams well worth the draw. Dundalk started well but Bohs had great spells in the first and second half. Opposite end from us in the Des but looked like Gartland's goal was disallowed for SFA. Lino on the Jodi side must have had a bet on offsides given as he spent more time with his flag in the air than he did running the line. Akinade was absolutely superb up front for Bohs, winning nearly everything in the air, holding it up well and a fantastically cool finish for his goal, Bohs have a gem of a player there if they can keep hold of him.

nigel-harps1954
29/08/2015, 5:19 PM
Very much a game of two halves in Stradbrook last night. Harps came out like a steam train in the first half, played some great football, and actually finished their chances. It was great to watch.

Second half was a different show altogether. Harps had believed job was done it seems, complacency kicked in and Cabinteely got two goals out of nothing. Harps still had chances to be completely out of sight but at the end of the day, it's job done and all the better that UCD slipped up. Makes those two games v Wexford huge now towards the destination of the First Division title and with both also to come to Finn Park it'll be a fascinating run in.

jinxy lilywhite
29/08/2015, 5:27 PM
Is the Sligo v rovers game radio?

Acornvilla
29/08/2015, 7:55 PM
1-0 to both Sligo and Longford.

Sligo have been great at ****ing all over Limerick's parade for the past month.

Acornvilla
29/08/2015, 8:06 PM
Rice sent off for Longford, bloody idiot.

McCabe equalizes for Rovers.

Ah my heart, following football results on the internet is not easy..

White Horse
29/08/2015, 8:26 PM
That was an important win for Longford. It keeps them well above the collapsing Drogs and Galway.

Longfordian
29/08/2015, 8:26 PM
Great win for us. Eases the relegation pressure a bit.

Acornvilla
29/08/2015, 8:48 PM
Now onwards to Leinster Senior Cup victory.

jinxy lilywhite
29/08/2015, 8:57 PM
There goes rovers taunts of being hot on our heels. "Beat you twice and we are only 1 behind b\s"

Great weekend for Cork. They also play a pats in disarray on Monday which they should win and Dundalk play rovers. They could be 5 behind before we play rivers and puts some pressure on us.

White Horse
29/08/2015, 8:59 PM
There goes rovers taunts of being hot on our heels. "Beat you twice and we are only 1 behind b\s"

Great weekend for Cork. They also play a pats in disarray on Monday which they should win and Dundalk play rovers. They could be 5 behind before we play rivers and puts some pressure on us.

Rovers are bullish!tters. Cork are the team with the mental strength to challenge to the end. It's far from over.

jinxy lilywhite
29/08/2015, 9:16 PM
Was thinking that myself WH. I expect cork to beat pats twice and for us to worst case scenario draw with rovers. That said would potentially put cork 4 behind and the 2 nd last match is them in TC.

Humdinger and hotel room booked for that one

The title race is far from over

nigel-harps1954
29/08/2015, 9:24 PM
If there's someone out there that genuinely believes Dundalk will be caught, they need a fairly sharp examination of their head.

jinxy lilywhite
29/08/2015, 9:31 PM
No I believe we will win the league but this is Dundalk. We never do things the easy way. There will be twists and turns along the way. Also with the bottom 6 the way it is there are no guaranteed wins and when we face Limerick, Galway and Drogheda they will be fighting for their lives.

As a harps fan you can remember the 07 season in the 1st division. How many points were we ahead of you and cobh before both of you reigned us in.

It's a funny old game.

nigel-harps1954
29/08/2015, 9:40 PM
First Division in 07 was a different job altogether though, this Dundalk side is one of the best the LOI has seen in years.

Dunny
29/08/2015, 10:46 PM
FFS lads,this league is over (....i'm going home ;) )
Was Graham Byrne sent off for Dundalk last night ? He was at Bohs for a while yeah ?

jinxy lilywhite
29/08/2015, 11:11 PM
FFS lads,this league is over (....i'm going home ;) )
Was Graham Byrne sent off for Dundalk last night ? He was at Bohs for a while yeah ?

Dunny it isn't over until it is mathematically over.

According to Dundalk FM last night GB was sent to the stands

Longfordian
30/08/2015, 11:45 AM
Johnny McDonnell gone from Drogs. Panic mode setting in.

White Horse
30/08/2015, 12:00 PM
Johnny McDonnell gone from Drogs. Panic mode setting in.

I'm not sure how they will benefit from a change at this stage. Seems too late to be effective.

outspoken
30/08/2015, 1:38 PM
Pete Mahon will probably take the reins. Big fan of his. Drogs not gone just yet

jinxy lilywhite
30/08/2015, 2:04 PM
Please bring back Robbie Horgan

Darklordsbane
30/08/2015, 3:52 PM
Trevor croly is free isnt he

Longfordian
30/08/2015, 5:03 PM
Pete Mahon will probably take the reins. Big fan of his. Drogs not gone just yet

He's gone as well by the way. Mark Kinsella in charge for now.

Charlie Darwin
31/08/2015, 2:24 AM

We're not good enough, to be honest. Dundalk are the best team and will deserve to win the league. I think we are better than Cork though.

dong
31/08/2015, 4:39 AM
Heary?

KeepersBall
31/08/2015, 1:20 PM
Heary? Have been told Croly was spoken to last week.
There's a guy doing a decent job at Bray, wouldn't mind getting him in if we could !!!

White Horse
31/08/2015, 1:25 PM
Have been told Croly was spoken to last week.
There's a guy doing a decent job at Bray, wouldn't mind getting him in if we could !!!

Why would he go back after the way he was humiliated?

Charlie Darwin
31/08/2015, 1:46 PM
McPhail back fit for Tuesday. Can't imagine it'll make much of a difference, mind.