PDA

View Full Version : GUFC v Longford Town - September 5th

topman11
26/08/2015, 3:02 PM
Any chance this match will be played earlier in the day? Crowd could be hit as I'd imagine a lot of people will head to Dublin the night before the AI Final! Would be a shame if we don't have a good crowd as it will be such a big game.

Guitd
26/08/2015, 8:21 PM
Any chance this match will be played earlier in the day? Crowd could be hit as I'd imagine a lot of people will head to Dublin the night before the AI Final! Would be a shame if we don't have a good crowd as it will be such a big game.

Galway WFC have moved there fixture first league game v Shelbourne to 2.30pm KO same day so GFC game can go ahead at 7.45pm

corbyeire
28/08/2015, 11:58 AM
the crowds are really beginning to thin out now - we are not out of the woods by any means and need as much help as possible

Nugget
29/08/2015, 11:10 AM
We've secured 1 point out of a possible 18 over the last few weeks. In desperate need of a win with Limerick only 4 behind now.

JC_GUFC
30/08/2015, 12:11 PM
Absolutely massive match now.

Us and Drogheda have really been dragged back into this mess. We've had a terrible run of injuries and suspensions which look like they may finally be starting to clear up.

Stephen Rice was sent off last night for Longford so will miss out which could be a big loss for them as he's their real leader on the pitch.

It's definitely a game we can win, hopefully Ryan Connolly is back and if he is I think we will win it.

Darklordsbane
30/08/2015, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=

Stephen Rice was sent off last night for Longford so will miss out which could be a big loss for them as he's their real leader on the pitch.[/QUOTE]

Might not be as big a loss as you think, we have done well without him before, (I seem to remember beating you guys without him) and he won't be there to turn the ref against us, but then again we still have Pat Sullivan for that

IsMiseSean
31/08/2015, 7:02 PM
Is Enda Curran suspended for this? He has already served a two game ban in the league.

JC_GUFC
01/09/2015, 12:09 PM
We have no suspensions for this match.

Cunningham will definitely be out - after that Walshy, Ludden and Connolly hopefully could be involved. Our form has completely dropped since Connolly got injured against Bray so it's crucial he's back as soon as possible. We will have a week off after this match so we should be very close to being full strength for the League Cup Final.

Paulgufc
05/09/2015, 8:09 PM
Massive game now given Limericks and Droghedas results.

Paulgufc
05/09/2015, 11:14 PM
Some win. Jake Keegan just showed up POTY tonight anyway. Unfortunately didn't make the game, sound like Longford had a fair few chances?

GuisaSaigon
06/09/2015, 8:17 AM
Massive Win. Great to have the likes of Connolly, Ludden, Walsh and Curran back. Longford were awful but we nearly let them bak into it in the end. Didn't see what the penalty was given for. Jake was buzzing again, great attitude. Onwards and upwards!

corbyeire
06/09/2015, 11:19 AM
vital win, especially with limerick, drogs winning and sligo and bray getting good draws - so tight at the bottom

IsMiseSean
06/09/2015, 8:43 PM
We look so much better last night with a few more bodies available.
The defence looked more solid & balanced with Ludden at LB. I thought Cantwell was excellent, played some great balls out from the back.

Martinho II
06/09/2015, 9:43 PM
Massive Win. Great to have the likes of Connolly, Ludden, Walsh and Curran back. Longford were awful but we nearly let them bak into it in the end. Didn't see what the penalty was given for. Jake was buzzing again, great attitude. Onwards and upwards!

ye were the better side. Not for the first time we were awful and a disgrace. I have no idea why we got a peno for the 2nd and had gone beyond caring at that stage along with the away end!

corbyeire
06/09/2015, 10:37 PM
must say it was the best ive seen oji play for us also

Paulgufc
07/09/2015, 7:59 PM
Good interview with Tommy on the Galway Tribune Facebook after the game. He reckons Conor Winn needs to improve his physical conditioning anyway! How'd Winn do?

GuisaSaigon
08/09/2015, 8:53 AM
Camera didn't catch the penalty incident on Soccer Republic. Dave O'Leary ended up on the ground, yet had a penalty given against him. Did anyone other than the ref see what happened?