PDA

View Full Version : City Keeper

shedite
11/12/2004, 11:51 PM
Just having a look through some old city programs and found a piece about Alan O'Shea, a keeper who played one outstanding game a few years back and was never seen of again. What happened to him? Also, was his one game the last time Devine didn't play in goal in a league match? I would have assumed it would have been Mooney but maybe not.

A face
12/12/2004, 1:51 AM
Did he go on to play for the darkside Gah ??? :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
12/12/2004, 10:44 AM
Did he go on to play for the darkside Gah ??? :eek:

I think he had a spell with Ramblers if I am not mistaken :ball:

Éanna
12/12/2004, 2:48 PM
he was at ramblers alright. I think he moved to leeds in the MSL and maybe Youghal as well. he was in the army AFAIK

A face
12/12/2004, 3:03 PM
he was in the army AFAIK

The Rebel Army yeah !?!!? :p

I'll get my coat !!

TheNorthsider
12/12/2004, 3:47 PM
is from youghal originally,i think he may have been on citys books first but he played for ramblers first in the loi.he fell out with cobh and city signed him but he would have been 3rd choice.he did play a small no. of games for city and i think performed extremely well against possibly bohs in one of those games.he seemed to drift out of the game i think after he joined the army and wasn't playing regular football.Ramblers i think might have looked for him to solve their goalkeeper nightmare this year.

joe
12/12/2004, 6:36 PM
AFAIK he moved to Donegal, after a brief spell back with Youghal, after his spell with City (he played 90 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Bohs at the Cross back in November 2000, after which some journos were predicting a move crosschannel. I believe he only made two other league appearances, both as sub, for City). Heard he signed for Harps at one stage but not sure if he ever played for them and I think Ramblers re-signed him last year but he got injured soon after (think he might have made one or two appearances alright).

pineapple stu
12/12/2004, 6:43 PM
Have a feeling he played against us in our first match in Cobh this season - back in April or so. Someone else was in nets second time around though.

GavinZac
12/12/2004, 11:54 PM
Have a feeling he played against us in our first match in Cobh this season - back in April or so. Someone else was in nets second time around though.

no, that was my ol chum peter cuthbert i reckon

shedite
13/12/2004, 11:59 AM
back to original question, was he the last keeper to play in the league for city before Devine's 100-in-a-row games?

GavinZac
13/12/2004, 1:20 PM
back to original question, was he the last keeper to play in the league for city before Devine's 100-in-a-row games?

i think so. citynet would know :(

A face
13/12/2004, 8:03 PM
i think so. citynet would know :(

It most certainly would ... and if i remember correctly .. there was a profile there too !! :o

rebelcorkbhoy
13/12/2004, 9:48 PM
while in donegal he was playing for a senior league side called drumkeen united. he played against ringmahon in the intermediate cup last year. btw the ringers won 3 nil

Colm
14/12/2004, 11:30 AM

I'd be nearly 100% sure that it was Mooney.

The Donie Forde
14/12/2004, 12:46 PM
I'd be nearly 100% sure that it was Mooney.

It was indeed Mooney. Colm's near certainty is 100% correct :)

Donie