PDA

View Full Version : Stoke City’s most well-known Irish XI

davegaasports
17/08/2015, 7:59 PM
Hey lads,

I put together an all-time Potters' starting 11 of Irish players who played for Stoke.

Is there anyone I'm missing or should be in here?

beanbagsports.com/blog/2015/08/17/stoke-citys-most-well-known-irish-xi/ (https://beanbagsports.com/blog/2015/08/17/stoke-citys-most-well-known-irish-xi/)

RiffRaff
17/08/2015, 9:14 PM
I'd have thought Terry Conroy was the best know irish international at Stoke, certainly the best remembered by the fans

dr_peepee
17/08/2015, 10:41 PM
Graham Kavanagh would be in there ahead of Andrews I'd think

gastric
17/08/2015, 11:05 PM
Possibly alongside Conroy as the best known Irish player at Stoke over history would be Brendan O Callaghan who could play as a forward or central defence when called upon which was quite unique even in the seventies!

SkStu
18/08/2015, 3:48 AM
Just like Gary Doherty then...ahem...? ;)

OwlsFan
18/08/2015, 9:12 AM
Possibly alongside Conroy as the best known Irish player at Stoke over history would be Brendan O Callaghan who could play as a forward or central defence when called upon which was quite unique even in the seventies!

Absolutely. Terry Conroy was a legend with his flaming red hair and leggy runs. Without looking, I suspect he was the second most capped Stoke player after Whelan. I don't count Given who has yet to get a cap while at Stoke.