PDA

View Full Version : LOI Fixtures 14th - 17th August 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dunny
12/08/2015, 10:39 AM
Seems like everyone wants to get the weekend started early so i just thought i'd throw up the fixtures for the DOUBLE weekend in the Prem If you see a glaring mistake point it out and i'll correct it later.

Premier Division

Friday

Bohemian FC v Galway United

Cork City v Limerick FC

Derry City v Dundalk FC

Drogheda United v Sligo Rovers

Saint Pats Ath v Bray Wanderers

Longford Town v Shamrock Rovers 8pm

Monday 17th

Shamrock Rovers v Cork City 7:05pm LIVE ON RTE

Limerick FC v Longford Town

Sligo Rovers v Derry City

Galway United v Drogheda United

Bray Wanderers v Bohemian FC

Dundalk FC v Saint Pats Ath

First Division

Friday

Athlone Town v Waterford United

Finn Harps v Shelbourne 8pm

UCDAFC v Cobh Ramblers

Wexford Youths v Cabinteely FC 8pm

Monday

UCDAFC v Athlone Town

Longfordian
12/08/2015, 11:27 AM
I see a glaring mistake in the title

Edit: Sneaky edit but I saw it!

pineapple stu
12/08/2015, 11:38 AM
UCD v Athlone on Monday as well in the Bowl.

Big week at the top of the First. Again.

Dunny
12/08/2015, 11:42 AM
I see a glaring mistake in the title

Edit: Sneaky edit but I saw it!

Good spot ;) You cant edit titles or thread starters so it was by the magic of a mod and a request sent that changed it. :D
Thanks Mr A

Dunny
12/08/2015, 11:46 AM
UCD v Athlone on Monday as well in the Bowl.

Big week at the top of the First. Again.

Cheers,threw it in there.

patrickccfc
12/08/2015, 11:53 AM
Could be a pivotal weekend in the title race, especially Monday with the top 4 playing each other. Can't make our game so handy it's on the box

PartySaint
12/08/2015, 11:56 AM
Big weekend for the top 4.

Pats could be 3 points behind Dundalk come 10 o'clock Monday night or we could be 15 off them.

6 points from the weekend for Dundalk would make it extremely unlikely that they'll be caught.

Cork could end up top on Monday night.

Rovers could all but end up out of the race for Europe or find themselves in a title race.

Interesting weekend ahead

Charlie Darwin
12/08/2015, 12:06 PM
Rovers could all but end up out of the race for Europe or find themselves in a title race.
Reported for trolling.

dundalkfc10
12/08/2015, 12:33 PM
Seems like everyone wants to get the weekend started early so i just thought i'd throw up the fixtures for the DOUBLE weekend in the Prem If you see a glaring mistake point it out and i'll correct it later.

Premier Division

Friday

Bohemian FC v Galway United

Cork City v Limerick FC

Derry City v Dundalk FC

Drogheda United v Sligo Rovers

Saint Pats Ath v Bray Wanderers

Longford Town v Shamrock Rovers 8pm

Monday 17th

Shamrock Rovers v Cork City 7:05pm LIVE ON RTE

Limerick FC v Longford Town

Sligo Rovers v Derry City

Galway United v Drogheda United

Bray Wanderers v Bohemian FC

Dundalk FC v Saint Pats Ath

First Division

Friday

Athlone Town v Waterford United

Finn Harps v Shelbourne 8pm

UCDAFC v Cobh Ramblers

Wexford Youths v Cabinteely FC 8pm

Monday

UCDAFC v Athlone Town

Derry V Dundalk 5.00 PM :cool:

Dunny
12/08/2015, 12:42 PM
Derry V Dundalk 5.00 PM :cool:
Do you want to send Skinny and the board into intensive care!! :D

Dunny
13/08/2015, 9:04 PM
Officials -
http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6335-match-officials-appointed-aug-14-17

Suspensions -
http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6333-weekend-suspension-list-from-aug-10

Betting -
http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Jofspring
13/08/2015, 9:33 PM
Patrick Kanyuka sent off last week for us and not listed as suspended but I take it he is.

brendy_éire
14/08/2015, 11:45 AM
Patrick Kanyuka sent off last week for us and not listed as suspended but I take it he is.

Should be, unless the FAI have forgotten to inform Limerick directly.
Happened ourselves with Sean Hargan in 2006, fax wasn't sent, Hargy played, Ollie Byrne threatened to sue, FAI Board of Control and Disciplinary Committee all got involved, no points deducation made. Great fun.
Ye's should just go ahead and play him anyway, it'll be a bit of craic for the rest of us.

Jofspring
14/08/2015, 12:31 PM
Need him to be suspended for tonight and hopefully available for Monday.

Charlie Darwin
14/08/2015, 1:01 PM
Should be, unless the FAI have forgotten to inform Limerick directly.
Happened ourselves with Sean Hargan in 2006, fax wasn't sent, Hargy played, Ollie Byrne threatened to sue, FAI Board of Control and Disciplinary Committee all got involved, no points deducation made. Great fun.
Ye's should just go ahead and play him anyway, it'll be a bit of craic for the rest of us.
To be fair, a red card is an automatic suspension for the next game. Even if the FAI screw up the release, the club know full well he's suspended and should be punished if they play him.

outspoken
14/08/2015, 3:05 PM
To be fair, a red card is an automatic suspension for the next game. Even if the FAI screw up the release, the club know full well he's suspended and should be punished if they play him.

Maybe the club have lodged an appeal which would mean he's free to play until a decision is made which may include turning down the appeal and adding an extra game

Charlie Darwin
14/08/2015, 3:14 PM
Maybe the club have lodged an appeal which would mean he's free to play until a decision is made which may include turning down the appeal and adding an extra game
I may be wrong, but I don't think the FAI operate like that. A red card is an automatic one-game ban whether deserved or not.

Jofspring
14/08/2015, 3:19 PM
Would be crazy to appeal it and risk him being out for the Longford game so he can play against cork. Would also rule him out of the Drogheda game most likely as he would lose the appeal. I reckon it's just a mistake by the FAI and Limerick would have rang for clarification.

Ezeikial
14/08/2015, 3:45 PM

I may be wrong, but I don't think the FAI operate like that. A red card is an automatic one-game ban whether deserved or not.

Would be crazy to appeal it and risk him being out for the Longford game so he can play against cork. Would also rule him out of the Drogheda game most likely as he would lose the appeal. I reckon it's just a mistake by the FAI and Limerick would have rang for clarification.

There is no appeal system for the automatic one game ban

shefellover93
14/08/2015, 3:53 PM
Live radio commentary of Cork City v Limerick FC tonight,
Little poster we did up!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMYOiTCWsAA0pqO.png
Listen Here (http://goo.gl/0y6zK4)

sulywaterfordfc
14/08/2015, 5:48 PM
There is no appeal system for the automatic one game ban

We successfully appealed a straight red after our game against Shels few weeks ago. Although in return another player received the suspension instead.

gufc2000
14/08/2015, 8:10 PM
Sligo doing their confidence and goal difference the world of good.

Latest elsewhere:
Bohs 2-0 Galway
Cork 2-2 Limerick
Derry 0-1 Dundalk
Drogheda 0-3 Sligo
Longford 1-2 Shamrock Rovers
St Pats 1-0 Bray

Athlone 1-3 Waterford
Finn Harps 0-0 Shels
UCD 1-0 Cobh
Wexford 1-2 Cabinteely

stann
14/08/2015, 8:16 PM
We successfully appealed a straight red after our game against Shels few weeks ago. Although in return another player received the suspension instead.
Not quite how it happened, though the outcome was the same!
Pretty sure the club were set to appeal Dean Reidy's card, on the grounds of mistaken identity, as there was clear (almost comically clear) video evidence that he was not involved in the fracas for which he was sent off.
Not altogether sure whether they went ahead with that or not, but in any case the referee's assessor's report exonerated Deano, but cited the second twin, and that's how he got the retrospective red.
As a surely unrelated aside, three of the four officials - the referee, linesman on that side, and fourth - took no part in the following weekend's games. :D

BTW, can I f*** work from on high for making me miss a cracker at Lissywoolen!

thomas72
14/08/2015, 8:48 PM
Amazing result for Limerick tonight goes to show a derby is all on the day probably put the final nail in corks title challenge aswell.

Hitman
14/08/2015, 8:53 PM
Amazing result for Limerick tonight goes to show a derby is all on the day probably put the final nail in corks title challenge aswell.

They were good value for the win, could have been two or three up after ten minutes, City got back into it after a lengthy stoppage for an injury to Dunleavy but were too sloppy to all night.

jinxy lilywhite
14/08/2015, 9:00 PM

I don't think cork are out of it. there is still plenty of time for them to recover.

This weekends fixtures were always going to be pivotal. Considering the form that Limerick & Derry are in it was no guarantee that Cork or Dundalk would win. Bray are on good form and probably were very difficult for pat, Longford with their ex hoops will always roll over to them.

Mondays games are massive now. Dundalk v Pats, Rovers v Cork. I feel- that Pats & Rovers both must win to have any chance of catching us.

Even the Derry Sligo game is mouth watering too. Drogheda are in serious trouble probably the biggest losers tonigh

White Horse
14/08/2015, 9:03 PM
Drogheda are in serious trouble probably the biggest losers tonigh

They are in free-fall.

patrickccfc
14/08/2015, 9:09 PM
Had a feeling all day we wouldn't win tonight but didn't see it happening as it did. Limerick started brilliantly and deserved to go ahead. We came back Into it after dunleavy went off injured. Terrible night for us with the other 3 all winning. No two ways about it we must win on Monday.

pineapple stu
14/08/2015, 9:31 PM
Was shaping up to be a good weekend for us at half-time - clearly better against a half-decent Cobh side while Wexford were losing and Harps were level.

Quite annoying for Wexford and Harps to take wins, especially Wexford in the manner they did.

Still, beating Athlone on Monday is what it's all about now.

Also worth noting 9 1-0s in a row for Bray now!

White Horse
14/08/2015, 9:40 PM
Funny old league.

Last week Cork fans were celebrating on social media like they won the league. Now it's all doom and gloom.

There are still a lot of points to play for and more unexpected results to come.

Dunny
14/08/2015, 9:45 PM
Funny old league.

Last week Cork fans were celebrating on social media like they won the league. Now it's all doom and gloom.

There are still a lot of points to play for and more unexpected results to come.
Spot on.Really is a great league,tonight just showed how brilliant the whole damn thing is.

TonyD
14/08/2015, 9:49 PM
Bray are on good form and probably were very difficult for pat,

Yeah Bray certainly put it up to us tonight. They gave us a tough old game and hit the crossbar right at the end, could definitely have taken a point, though we had a few chances to sew it up with a second. We missed Ger O'Brien and Ian Bermingham tonight.

nigel-harps1954
14/08/2015, 10:22 PM
That was a tense, but really exciting encounter in Finn Park. Real end to end stuff for quite a lot of the game.

I almost forgot what it was like to celebrate a goal scored.

Barring a major screw up by one of the top three, it's hard to see anyone else sneaking into a play-off now with 6 games to go.

SeanDMRooney
14/08/2015, 11:38 PM
That was a tense, but really exciting encounter in Finn Park. Real end to end stuff for quite a lot of the game.

I almost forgot what it was like to celebrate a goal scored.

Barring a major screw up by one of the top three, it's hard to see anyone else sneaking into a play-off now with 6 games to go.

Think its another year in the Graveyard for poor auld shels

osarusan
14/08/2015, 11:49 PM
Question for Cork fans - your second goal came from a corner, which came about from a clearance after the keeper spilled the ball in a collision with a Cork player, who stayed down a while.

It looked to me as if that Cork player simply refused to go off the pitch after receiving treatment, and that the referee, after making two or three attempts to make him leave, just gave up and let him stay on. Was that what actually happened, or was it something else?

avvenalaf
15/08/2015, 12:11 AM
Direct your question to Jose at Chelsea.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/08/2015, 3:11 AM
Finally got John Russell back

The Donie Forde
15/08/2015, 6:36 AM
Question for Cork fans - your second goal came from a corner, which came about from a clearance after the keeper spilled the ball in a collision with a Cork player, who stayed down a while.

It looked to me as if that Cork player simply refused to go off the pitch after receiving treatment, and that the referee, after making two or three attempts to make him leave, just gave up and let him stay on. Was that what actually happened, or was it something else?

Ref stopped him going off. Seems if keeper gets treatment as well, neither player has to leave the pitch. Beattie was confused by ref, tried to head for sideline, endline...

osarusan
15/08/2015, 7:18 AM
Ref stopped him going off. Seems if keeper gets treatment as well, neither player has to leave the pitch. Beattie was confused by ref, tried to head for sideline, ending...
Really?

That would explain it alright, although I never heard that rule before. I didn't actually think our keeper got treatment either.

The Donie Forde
15/08/2015, 7:21 AM
Really?

That would explain it alright, although I never heard that rule before. I didn't actually think our keeper got treatment either.

Yeah, we were in the dark about it too, only found out afterwards. Hall was treated all right.

White Horse
15/08/2015, 7:34 AM
Ref stopped him going off. Seems if keeper gets treatment as well, neither player has to leave the pitch. Beattie was confused by ref, tried to head for sideline, endline...

Some refs don't know that rule. No surprise there.

When we played Longford last week, there was a collision between the keeper and Brian Gartland. Both physios came on, both got treatment. Before play resumed, Gartland was told to leave the field while the keeper stayed on the pitch.

gael353
15/08/2015, 7:41 AM
A keeper when treated is never asked to leave the field cos of his position. Imagine a keeper standing on the sideline waiting to come backbon as a direct free or corner is been taken! But dave mckeown made up his own rule last night god love him

PartySaint
15/08/2015, 7:43 AM
Bray were very good last night and probably deserved a draw. I had assumed with Cooke in charge they would spend the night hoofing the ball but not at all. They got it down and played some lovely stuff.

Cassidy is still excellent and Hugh Douglas is very good as well. They're just short a striker to be challenging higher up the table.

9 league wins in a row now for Pats. Last night was our first of those that wasn't by 2 or more goals. Huge game on Monday now

White Horse
15/08/2015, 7:50 AM
Huge game on Monday now

Looking forward to this one. It'll be a proper game too, no one parking the bus.

Pats are in terrific form whereas we have huffed and puffed since the European games against BATE.

If Pats keep 11 men on the pitch for the 90 minutes, they have a terrific chance to narrow the gap to a bridgeable 6 points.

Pablo Escobar
15/08/2015, 9:01 AM
Limerick were superb last night. If they continue with that intensity there's not a hope that they are going down. They were full value for the win IMO.

The Donie Forde
15/08/2015, 10:18 AM
Limerick were superb last night. If they continue with that intensity there's not a hope that they are going down. They were full value for the win IMO.

Agreed.
Lot of Sheddies stayed back to clap Limerick off afterwards as well.

ATFC-1887
15/08/2015, 10:54 AM
Unbelievable strike from Danny Purdy last night https://youtu.be/zIP4KrZszKw

osarusan
15/08/2015, 11:46 AM
Agreed.
Lot of Sheddies stayed back to clap Limerick off afterwards as well.

Yeah, fair play to them for that.

Flexy
15/08/2015, 11:59 AM
Referee In the Derry Dundalk game last night was an absolute tool, sends McCormack off for a 50/50 challenge both players should have been booked but dishes out a red. Timlin has then been brought down turning a Dundalk defender no booking, Jarvis has a pull at the Dundalk wingers shhirt rightly booked, Dundalk defender does the same to Jarvis in pulling his shirt No Booking. He had no consistency all night petty fouls and blowing his whistle at will, let the bloddy game flow its what the fans want, noticed Kenny is bringing Professionalism to Dundalk with players going down every time they are touched like in other Eurpopean leagues. Football is a mans game and refs in this league cant be this bad week in week out they are just incompetent.

Charlie Darwin
15/08/2015, 12:49 PM
Referee In the Derry Dundalk game last night was an absolute tool, sends McCormack off for a 50/50 challenge both players should have been booked but dishes out a red. Timlin has then been brought down turning a Dundalk defender no booking, Jarvis has a pull at the Dundalk wingers shhirt rightly booked, Dundalk defender does the same to Jarvis in pulling his shirt No Booking. He had no consistency all night petty fouls and blowing his whistle at will, let the bloddy game flow its what the fans want, noticed Kenny is bringing Professionalism to Dundalk with players going down every time they are touched like in other Eurpopean leagues. Football is a mans game and refs in this league cant be this bad week in week out they are just incompetent.
It's a disgrace, Joe.