PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Byrne

markdit
10/12/2004, 8:51 AM
hey do any of ye remember a while when bohs made an official statement about Ollie byrne sayin something like -

"what ollie byrne has said....blah blah blah............he's not a nice man.....blah blah blah...........his comments require no further comment"

what i want to know what were his comments? i think his happened like just after ryan crowe and hawkins signed for them

Troy.McClure
10/12/2004, 9:45 AM
He said they were a small club with small minds after Farrelley droped the Judas 3 against Cork.

The guy cant even take a victory well :rolleyes: To$$€r

jimhacker
10/12/2004, 10:34 AM
If ever you wanted to see the difference between Shels and Bohs it was that last night of the season - Shels utterly graceless in victory as Bohs upheld the integrity of the league with their display in Cork

joeSoap
10/12/2004, 10:36 AM
can someone merge this with the identical thread posted on the Bohemians forum. :mad:

Slash/ED
10/12/2004, 6:30 PM
If ever you wanted to see the difference between Shels and Bohs it was that last night of the season - Shels utterly graceless in victory as Bohs upheld the integrity of the league with their display in Cork

Sums up the difference nicely, well done :)

BohDiddley
11/12/2004, 11:21 AM
hey do any of ye remember a while when bohs made an official statement about Ollie byrne sayin something like -

"what ollie byrne has said....blah blah blah............he's not a nice man.....blah blah blah...........his comments require no further comment"

what i want to know what were his comments? i think his happened like just after ryan crowe and hawkins signed for them

He was unhappy that Gareth Farrelly didn't play the three Shels players infesting the squad, implying that Bohs lay down for Cork. Had to crossed GF's mind, but any read of the match shows otherwise.
He'd just won the league, yet the first thing on his mind was Bohs. Bitter or what?

rebelcorkbhoy
12/12/2004, 12:30 AM
he is a pathetic convict

The Sheliban
12/12/2004, 10:44 AM
Yes and he eats babies and has 666 tattooed on one of his cloven hoofs.

The reason for his comments, and I don't necessarily agree with them but can understand them, was that Bohs were so annoyed at losing the three lads, that they dropped them out of spite, rather than playing their strongest team. When you think about it, the three lads would have put in Herculean efforts for Bohs if they thought they were helping Shels. It all depends which way you look at it.

Éanna
12/12/2004, 2:50 PM
they dropped them out of spite, rather than playing their strongest team.
surely the argument is that if a player has already agreed to leave a club, he isn't fully committed and then doesn't constitute part of the strongest team?!

patsh
12/12/2004, 3:15 PM
the three lads would have put in Herculean efforts for Bohs if they thought they were helping Shels. So can you not see why they were dropped?
Why should Bohs put players out on the field to help $hels?
They might have tried hard, but Bohs would have "benefited" only as a byproduct of that, those 3 would have been playing for $hels that night, not Bohs.

TonyD
12/12/2004, 8:04 PM
he is a pathetic convict
Now come on, be fair - it's 'Ex-convict' :D

OneRedArmy
12/12/2004, 8:22 PM
Now come on, be fair - it's 'Ex-convict' :D

Surely ex-convict is an oxymoron?!
He`ll always be a convict, having been convicted of a crime. He is though an EX-prisoner
:D

A face
12/12/2004, 8:57 PM
He`ll always be a convict, having been convicted of a crime. He is though an EX-prisoner

Good point !! :p

Slash/ED
12/12/2004, 9:17 PM

And a current CEO of a team who just won two in a row. I know which one of the two thigns I actually care about.

markdit
13/12/2004, 8:37 AM

so ehhh............what was his crime then? :cool:

markdit
15/12/2004, 12:35 PM
anybody????

what crime was he convicted for? :)

Éanna
15/12/2004, 12:39 PM
have a look at this article http://www.sbpost.ie/web/DocumentView/did-323316514-pageUrl--2FThe-Newspaper-2FSundays-Paper-2FProfile.asp

Colm
15/12/2004, 12:40 PM
anybody????

what crime was he convicted for? :)

His very existance is a crime against humanity.
Fcuking scumbag.

Troy.McClure
15/12/2004, 1:13 PM
``As a result of being in there, I gave up the gargle and the cigarettes, and decided that I'd never put myself in that position again.''

So was he an alcoholic too? ;)

``The ego got the better of me,'' he said of those days. ``Having people lookin' up to you went to me head.''

Some things never change :rolleyes:

dancinpants
15/12/2004, 6:45 PM
`The ego got the better of me,'' he said of those days. ``Having people lookin' up to you went to me head.''

I thought the stumpy looking wee f**k was only about 4 and a half feet tall...begs the question, who was looking up to him? 5 year olds? Hookers?

The Sheliban
15/12/2004, 7:17 PM
Good article, but it neglects to mention the fact that he used to drink with David Johanssen.
Now if that isn't the greatest thing to have on your CV I don't know what is.

Jerry The Saint
16/12/2004, 12:54 PM
I thought the stumpy looking wee f**k was only about 4 and a half feet tall...begs the question, who was looking up to him? 5 year olds? Hookers?

Nutsy.

The Good Son
16/12/2004, 1:04 PM
Good article, but it neglects to mention the fact that he used to drink with David Johanssen.
Now if that isn't the greatest thing to have on your CV I don't know what is.

Was he also not involved with promoting them on a tour of Europe that never came about, or am I imagining I read that somewhere?