PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened...?

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 3:31 PM
Many bands have come on the scene showing great promise or midst much hype. Have any of you wondered what happened them, where are they now, etc?
For some reason a song cam into my head from some such band, namely Shack. It's that song where he goes "...and i'm not being funny..." somewhere in the chorus like he's having a proper conversation. Don't know how or why i thought of the song but it inspired to post this nontheless. Any other mentions?

Dublin12
09/12/2004, 3:49 PM
Yeah I've got one and they were one of the most underrated bands that I can think of,The House Of Love.What became of them??,I saw them about 4/5 times when they were around and ever since the guitarist left,Terry Bickers,well,they just disappered.Anyway the first 2 albums were class.

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 4:05 PM
Can any of you cork lads tell us whats going on with Rubyhorse? Shot to national fame with that Sparkle song but havent heard much since although someone here mentioned they were going to one of their gigs a while back

James
09/12/2004, 4:08 PM
they still v big in Cork but are more concentrating in the US still as far as I know. They are huge on the East coast of the US.. Boston / NY.

Playing home coming gig here in the next few days.. if it already hasnt happened yesterday ?!

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 4:12 PM
see they're on one of the banks' (AIB??) ads here now in the background. At least I think it's them...

Ruairi
09/12/2004, 4:48 PM
they still v big in Cork but are more concentrating in the US still as far as I know. They are huge on the East coast of the US.. Boston / NY.

Playing home coming gig here in the next few days.. if it already hasnt happened yesterday ?!

tonight in the opera house i think.

and yeah magoo, their song sparkle is on the AIB ad.

and shack are sh!t, saw them play with blur years ago in the point

The Good Son
09/12/2004, 4:58 PM
Yeah I've got one and they were one of the most underrated bands that I can think of,The House Of Love.What became of them??,I saw them about 4/5 times when they were around and ever since the guitarist left,Terry Bickers,well,they just disappered.Anyway the first 2 albums were class.
Definitely one of the best bands at the time. "Destroy The Heart" and "Shine On" still two of my favourite songs. Guy Chadwick bought out a solo album a few years ago "Lazy, Soft & Slow" which was very average.

the 12 th man
10/12/2004, 7:17 AM
"the verve" would probably gone on to make a big impact.
you d'ont hear that much of richard ashcroft these days

noby
10/12/2004, 7:25 AM
WTF???
The Verve. Released some good stuff early on, though not to mainstream acclaim; went away for a bit; came back, and some would say 'made a big impact', then split up again.
Ashcroft released a pretty lame solo effort, that's why you don't hear much of him.

the 12 th man
10/12/2004, 7:33 AM
WTF???
The Verve. Released some good stuff early on, though not to mainstream acclaim; went away for a bit; came back, and some would say 'made a big impact', then split up again.
Ashcroft released a pretty lame solo effort, that's why you don't hear much of him.

i had just noticed them when they split up :o
d'ont know much about the early stuff.

noby
10/12/2004, 7:44 AM
Well, they have a 'best of' out just in time for christmas!

The Good Son
10/12/2004, 8:22 AM
Speaking of The House Of Love,

http://www.nme.com/news/110783.htm

LOVE STORY EXTENDED!

Indie legends THE HOUSE OF LOVE are back after eleven years.

The band, who began life on Creation Records in 1988, release their first album since 1993’s ‘Audience With The Mind’ on February 28.

‘Days Run Away’ will be preceded by a single, ‘Love You Too Much’, onValentine’s Day through Art And Industry Records.

The band, which sees mainman Guy Chadwick reunited with original guitaristTerry Bickers and original drummer Pete Evans, play London ICA on February 10. More dates are expected.

The album tracklisting is:

’Love You Too Much’
’Gotta Be That Way’
'Maybe You Know’
’Kinda Love’
’Money And Time’
'Days Run Away’
'Already Gone’
’Wheels’
’Kit Carter’
’Anyday I Want’

fosterdollar
10/12/2004, 8:30 AM
i had just noticed them when they split up :o
d'ont know much about the early stuff.

A Northern Soul is one of my favourite albums. History and This Is Music are genius.

fosterdollar
10/12/2004, 9:22 AM
I thought his first (Alone With Everybody) had its moments. C'mon People We're Makin' It Now, Song For The Lovers and Crazy World were the stand out tracks for me. The guy seems to have a gra for american roots music which comes out heavily in his solo work so people generally love it or hate it. Havent caught his other album .. Human COnditions.(?)

the 12 th man
10/12/2004, 9:57 AM
Well, they have a 'best of' out just in time for christmas!

looks like i better "get with it" eh....... :rolleyes: :D