PDA

View Full Version : Remaining games

Darklordsbane
01/08/2015, 7:45 AM
Longford got lucky Galway, Bray, and Drogheda all lost as well, still on track for an average point per game, the trouble is where are we going to get more points, you wouldn't be putting any money on us winning any of the remaining matches the way the team is set up or playing at the moment
Couldn't get to the Brandywell so can't comment on that

outspoken
01/08/2015, 8:13 AM
We've bray and Limerick coming up soon those 2 games will decide our season simple as that

Martinho II
01/08/2015, 10:17 PM
based on what I have seen I think we will struggle to even get a win before the end of the season or even score a goal! this frustration reminds me so much of Alan Mathews first season with us. We went 13 games without a win and nearly went down only for a late turnaround in form and our confidence returned.

Ben Mohamed and KOC were missed badly. Ben was at his brothers wedding and KOC was injured. I think that a lot of the bigger players in our team could benefit from being dropped ie Rice, Pat Sullivan. They have gone complacent and dont seem to give a damn about club or supporters!

Longfordian
01/08/2015, 10:40 PM
I can't comment much on performances because I haven't been able to make a lot of games lately but it's not uncommon for a promoted side to struggle a lot more in the second or third rounds of fixtures. I looked at the team we had out last night when it was announced and I knew we were in trouble defensively. I'm disappointed nothing was done to address the weakness at the back during the window unless the money wasn't there. I genuinely have no idea if it was or wasn't.

Martinho II
01/08/2015, 10:58 PM
I can't comment much on performances because I haven't been able to make a lot of games lately but it's not uncommon for a promoted side to struggle a lot more in the second or third rounds of fixtures. I looked at the team we had out last night when it was announced and I knew we were in trouble defensively. I'm disappointed nothing was done to address the weakness at the back during the window unless the money wasn't there. I genuinely have no idea if it was or wasn't.

thats the problem with the club at present. club is way too secretative for my own liking. in my opinion it is time to have a clean sweep of the board as they have had their time! how they get away with not havin an AGM in six long yrs is a joke!

outspoken
02/08/2015, 9:57 AM
thats the problem with the club at present. club is way too secretative for my own liking. in my opinion it is time to have a clean sweep of the board as they have had their time! how they get away with not havin an AGM in six long yrs is a joke!

Totally agree Marty a club is nothing without fans yet the board don't interact with us at all. Young blood needed across the board.

hollocaine
02/08/2015, 9:02 PM
The player of the month award for July should have been scrapped. I know these things are done by vote, but still. No one deserved it. But to then award that pr!ck Rice with it is a complete joke. The constant mouthing off to the ref is embarrassing to watch (ditto for Sullivan). Rice offers nothing going forward. Sure, any of us could just run around and 'play their heart out'. Also, he's refused the captain's armband ever since he was taken off against Galway. Funny that.

Ironic that he's winning a supporters club award, when he never acknowledges the supporters.

I'd also love to see him and his pal Sullivan sit out a game or two. Long gone are when guys like the Perth's, Paul McNally, Sean Prunty etc were playing for the club. Lads who gave everything, could play and endeared themselves to supporters (which very much helped the great attendances we got during our last 'first season in the Premier' in 00/01). The slight increase in attendances this year is largely down to increased away support.

TC missed out when he failed to sign a quality centre half in the off season. Alan McNally would have been an excellent addition. Instead we got Rossiter. A guy who looks like he's been avoiding the gym as much as he can, and his injury rate is indicative of this.

Of course a couple of wins in August would see us on the verge of safety, but 4 points from the last 7 games doesn't bring much hope (and then two very tough games coming up). Let's hope Flynn and Kelly are back for the Limerick game and that Shaw remembers where the goal is, and we can kick on.

L.T.F.C.
02/08/2015, 9:53 PM
Totally agree Marty a club is nothing without fans yet the board don't interact with us at all. Young blood needed across the board.
Pointless talking about young blood. They have zero interest in it. When I was asked about it on numerous occasions all I asked for was for meetings to be moved to the weekend before a home game to accommodate younger fans that don't live in Longford anymore. Never happened so I washed my hands of them.

outspoken
03/08/2015, 9:29 AM
The player of the month award for July should have been scrapped. I know these things are done by vote, but still. No one deserved it. But to then award that pr!ck Rice with it is a complete joke. The constant mouthing off to the ref is embarrassing to watch (ditto for Sullivan). Rice offers nothing going forward. Sure, any of us could just run around and 'play their heart out'. Also, he's refused the captain's armband ever since he was taken off against Galway. Funny that.

Ironic that he's winning a supporters club award, when he never acknowledges the supporters.

I'd also love to see him and his pal Sullivan sit out a game or two. Long gone are when guys like the Perth's, Paul McNally, Sean Prunty etc were playing for the club. Lads who gave everything, could play and endeared themselves to supporters (which very much helped the great attendances we got during our last 'first season in the Premier' in 00/01). The slight increase in attendances this year is largely down to increased away support.

TC missed out when he failed to sign a quality centre half in the off season. Alan McNally would have been an excellent addition. Instead we got Rossiter. A guy who looks like he's been avoiding the gym as much as he can, and his injury rate is indicative of this.

Of course a couple of wins in August would see us on the verge of safety, but 4 points from the last 7 games doesn't bring much hope (and then two very tough games coming up). Let's hope Flynn and Kelly are back for the Limerick game and that Shaw remembers where the goal is, and we can kick on.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the award isn't even voted for my the pubic vote anymore?

Martinho II
03/08/2015, 6:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the award isn't even voted for my the pubic vote anymore?

yep noticed that just now. I dont know why theres no votin any more for the SC player of the month but it should be raised at next SC meeting. If I am at it I will certainly raise it. I agree wholehartedly that there shouldnt have bein a winner! I was even goin to text in and say Micheal Slingermann. I have a feelin TD decided on it himself and thats wrong as he doesnt go to many away matches any more since Section O took over the running of the bus.
If theres goin to be a player of the mth and theres no votin for it I will wash my hands off future involvement in the SC if thats the way they want to go as its a total joke and an embarrassement!

Martinho II
03/08/2015, 6:29 PM
Pointless talking about young blood. They have zero interest in it. When I was asked about it on numerous occasions all I asked for was for meetings to be moved to the weekend before a home game to accommodate younger fans that don't live in Longford anymore. Never happened so I washed my hands of them.

dont blame you. maybe there should be a separate supporters club for the exiles like they used to do as its the only way!

outspoken
03/08/2015, 7:54 PM
yep noticed that just now. I dont know why theres no votin any more for the SC player of the month but it should be raised at next SC meeting. If I am at it I will certainly raise it. I agree wholehartedly that there shouldnt have bein a winner! I was even goin to text in and say Micheal Slingermann. I have a feelin TD decided on it himself and thats wrong as he doesnt go to many away matches any more since Section O took over the running of the bus.
If theres goin to be a player of the mth and theres no votin for it I will wash my hands off future involvement in the SC if thats the way they want to go as its a total joke and an embarrassement!

It was scrapped Marty because the system was being rigged with multiple texts etc but the new way of selecting it as a panel of 3 SC members but I don't know who those 3 people are.

Longfordian
03/08/2015, 8:41 PM
Who would actually be bothered rigging those votes ffs?

outspoken
03/08/2015, 8:46 PM
Who would actually be bothered rigging those votes ffs?

Haha I know but apparently that's what was happening so it was decided upon this new system. I voiced my objection to it that the old system was the best but majority ruled so no problem with that but maybe a bit more transparency would ally people's concerns

Martinho II
04/08/2015, 4:41 PM
Haha I know but apparently that's what was happening so it was decided upon this new system. I voiced my objection to it that the old system was the best but majority ruled so no problem with that but maybe a bit more transparency would ally people's concerns

when was this brought in outspoken as I dont recall it being mentioned at meetings that I have being at!

outspoken
04/08/2015, 5:11 PM
when was this brought in outspoken as I dont recall it being mentioned at meetings that I have being at!

Think it could have been the first meeting of the year but don't quote me on that

Martinho II
05/08/2015, 4:39 PM
well it will be raised at next meeting if I am there as rice shouldnt have got it! in fact noone deserved it!

Darklordsbane
06/08/2015, 6:02 AM
well it will be raised at next meeting if I am there as rice shouldnt have got it! in fact noone deserved it!

are you going to change your "How on earth did we sign Stephen Rice" to Why

Longfordian
06/08/2015, 7:12 AM
He was instrumental in getting us up last year. He hasn't been that bad in the games I've seen him this year to be honest.

Bosco
06/08/2015, 9:01 AM
The way to pick the POTM was voted to be changed at the Supporter's club AGM. Although it was said it was being "rigged" I would imagine it was more of a case of friends of the players voting in taking the ****.

For what it's worth I thought Rice was one of our best players up in Sligo and thought he played well against Bohs. Wasn't at the Cork or Derry matches but can only assume he spent the 90 minutes giving the two fingers to all the fans.

Macy
06/08/2015, 9:10 AM
For what it's worth I thought Rice was one of our best players up in Sligo and thought he played well against Bohs. Wasn't at the Cork or Derry matches but can only assume he spent the 90 minutes giving the two fingers to all the fans.
Maybe just Marty and Outspoken?

Haven't been as often as I'd have liked (summer football remains a balls), but Rice has done alright in what I have seen. My impression is that we haven't come out of the break great the last few seasons either. Cost us promotion the year before last before we belated went on a bit of run to the play offs; had a bit of wobble last year before kicking on - but I'll leave that to the stat people to either prove that or not....

De Town
06/08/2015, 9:17 AM
We flew out after the break last season and beat Galway & Shels in the first 2 games, but yeah we're usually slow out of the traps after it. The lack of bodies in our squad ain't helping matters though.

With regards Rice winning the POTM. There's 2 things that stand out for me here. 1 - I can't believe people actually give a **** about the POTM award. And 2 - yes we had a bad month in July, but somebody's gotta win it. Not saying Rice has been amazing or anything but he's still been one of our better and most consistent performers.

outspoken
06/08/2015, 11:33 AM
Hang on now I never said I had a problem with Rice winning it I was just answering the questions on how it is voted for. I agree that Rice was one of our better performers in Sligo and against Bohs and while I missed the Derry game he did try his hardest against Cork. The only other player I can think worthy of the award is Dean Kelly and he only played 2 and a bit games so that tells you how bad of a month it has been.

Martinho II
06/08/2015, 4:27 PM
Hang on now I never said I had a problem with Rice winning it I was just answering the questions on how it is voted for. I agree that Rice was one of our better performers in Sligo and against Bohs and while I missed the Derry game he did try his hardest against Cork. The only other player I can think worthy of the award is Dean Kelly and he only played 2 and a bit games so that tells you how bad of a month it has been.

yeah rice stuck the finger at me loads of times durin derry game. he had a stinker in derry. I do give a * about plyr of the mth. if done properly it would give an accurate indiciction of who our best plyrs were durin season.
surely twitter would be the way to vote player of the mth for the ones that are interested. I see it being done with the FAI and other clubs if you wanted to win free tickets to retweet. I am sure the lads that look after twitter wouldnt mind monitoring the votes and you could do that with the player of the year. the trouble with a panel is that it is not accurate as not all of them would have gone to the games.

thats my take of it!

Martinho II
07/08/2015, 12:23 PM
see on our website and in papers today that Phillip Gannon has signed for us from West Brom. Anyone know about him ? I think hes a defender

outspoken
07/08/2015, 12:25 PM
see on our website and in papers today that Phillip Gannon has signed for us from West Brom. Anyone know about him ? I think hes a defender

Central midfielder.

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 12:45 PM
Yeah 18 years old but a good player by most accounts. He had been expected to sign for Pats apparently. He played for them in their game v Man City.

outspoken
07/08/2015, 3:15 PM
Yeah 18 years old but a good player by most accounts. He had been expected to sign for Pats apparently. He played for them in their game v Man City.

Did I hear someone saying he played RB in that game or was I dreaming? Just seems strange we'd bring in another CM unless he wants to rest KOC for a while but that doesn't say much for Rhys.

Longfordian
07/08/2015, 8:41 PM
In the immortal words of Michael Corleone "just when I thought I was out they pull me back in". Great result under any circumstances but when you're down to ten men from 41 minutes it's amazing.

outspoken
07/08/2015, 11:46 PM
In the immortal words of Michael Corleone "just when I thought I was out they pull me back in". Great result under any circumstances but when you're down to ten men from 41 minutes it's amazing.

Magic

Martinho II
08/08/2015, 7:34 PM
Magic

think it was huntys best ever game for us. he was immense for us! massive improvement from the week before! think it will be a turning point in our season..atmosphere superb in Oriel now if we can do that on Friday it will be a happier place!

Cabs88
10/08/2015, 10:19 AM
What a difference a positive result makes.
It was a great battling performance, gaining what could be a very valuable point.

Hunt in the last 10 minutes in particular was fantastic. Pulled off numerous saves, one low to the right (from
Horgan I think) the pick of the bunch. We got lucky when Gartland headed straight into Hunts arms near the end, but probably deserved that bit of luck.

There were some very good performances on the night, Shaw never stopped working, neither did Shannon, who worked very hard defensively for the team. Ben Mohammed was a thorn in the Dundalk side for much of the first half. Our midfield responded well to Salmon's dismissal, with Rice nearly playing as an extra centre back in the closing stages, such was Dundalk's pressure.

Rhys Gorman, too, is improving with every game at centre back.

As I said, the point could prove to be a valuable one, and hopefully with a good return from our 'big three' games (Limerick, Bray and Galway) we should be ok.

Onwards and upwards!

Darklordsbane
10/08/2015, 1:44 PM
Brilliant point gained agree with you about Gorman, if it wasnt for Hunt being superb for the last 15 minutes Gorman would have been my motm

outspoken
10/08/2015, 9:30 PM
Huge shout outs need to go to Kevin O'Connor and Ben Mohamed as well they were superb.

Darklordsbane
11/08/2015, 9:17 AM
In the dentist this morning and saw in yesterdays irish indo Hunt and Gorman got into premier team off the week well done lads

Martinho II
11/08/2015, 8:19 PM
In the dentist this morning and saw in yesterdays irish indo Hunt and Gorman got into premier team off the week well done lads

thats superb ! didnt think that indo did prem div team of the week!

outspoken
11/08/2015, 10:00 PM
Just to say there will be busses running to both Limerick and Cockhill so usual procedures in place for anyone looking to book a seat, cheers lads