PDA

View Full Version : Siamsé Annual

Peadar
09/12/2004, 10:00 AM
Help me out here guys.
Does anyone remember the Christmas Annual you used to get in National School? Siamsé or something like that.
There used to be great excitement when they were delivered and I always remember the smell of fresh print when they were unpacked.
They had stories and puzzles etc.
Are they still printing them?
Would normally handed out in the week before Christmas.
Oh the memories! :)

Maz
09/12/2004, 10:02 AM
I remember them! there was sport or spraoi for the younger age group and siamsa for the older ones! God hours id spend reading the stories and joining the dots!!

Peadar
09/12/2004, 10:11 AM
I remember them! there was sport or spraoi for the younger age group and siamsa for the older ones!!

Yeah, that's it.
I remember the teachers pet got to open the pack and hand them out one year. She was prancing around like Lady Muck on Pigshít Farm one minute, the next she was in tears with a nice little paper-cut on her finger.
I grabbed my copy before she bled on it and chuckled away to myself for the rest of the day.
It was the content of the annual which made me chuckle, obviously. :D

Does anyone still have some copies of it that they've kept?

carrickharp
09/12/2004, 10:14 AM
Takes me back one of those things I forgot about, Jazus they were great

Maz
09/12/2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, that's it.
I remember the teachers pet got to open the pack and hand them out one year. She was prancing around like Lady Muck on Pigshít Farm one minute, the next she was in tears with a nice little paper-cut on her finger.
I grabbed my copy before she bled on it and chuckled away to myself for the rest of the day.
It was the content of the annual which made me chuckle, obviously. :D

Does anyone still have some copies of it that they've kept?

obviously,

Do they still have them in the schools?
Dont think i kept any although if i bothered to root i may have 1

Troy.McClure
09/12/2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that's it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Im nearly crying here, that's hilarious!

:D :D :D

Peadar
09/12/2004, 10:21 AM
Do they still have them in the schools?
I'll ask my mum, she's well up on stuff like that.

Dont think i kept any although if i bothered to root i may have 1

Don't go to the trouble of looking.
I was just wondering if someone had consciously kept one or more.

tiktok
09/12/2004, 10:22 AM
Wow, there's a blast from the past :D

Those were deadly, i remember the excitement when they were delivered all right.

Maz
09/12/2004, 10:26 AM
Don't go to the trouble of looking.
I was just wondering if someone had consciously kept one or more.

i wasnt really gonna look, dont worry! :p

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 10:26 AM
Siamsa is the spelling i think and i have loads of them at home

Peadar
09/12/2004, 10:29 AM
i wasnt really gonna look, dont worry!

I should have known! :rolleyes: :p

Siamsa is the spelling i think and i have loads of them at home

Would you be able to have a look through some of them and post some of the content here? One item each day from next week up until the holidays?

Maz
09/12/2004, 10:31 AM
ah peadar what ya like? you know u cant enjoy it without havin some join the dots fun! r spot the difference

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 10:45 AM
I should have known! :rolleyes: :p

Would you be able to have a look through some of them and post some of the content here? One item each day from next week up until the holidays?

I would do but i doubt i'll be home proper again before Christmas. I dunno if you'd still be interested but after christmas i could

Risteard
09/12/2004, 11:38 AM
They do still do it.
My sister got one there last week.
I'll post something up once i get the time.

Peadar
09/12/2004, 11:52 AM
ah peadar what ya like? you know u cant enjoy it without havin some join the dots fun! r spot the difference

I've made one especially for you Maz. ;)
Check out the attachment or view it here. (http://Peadar.yafro.com/photo/1364763)