PDA

View Full Version : Gameday

outspoken
11/07/2015, 9:17 AM
So it's GAMEDAY and a massive away crowd is set to arrive in Sligo, really looking forward to the game tonight should be a belter and a cracking atmosphere to boot. Hope to God TC goes 442 and gets at this lot early because Galway showed last week just how many opportunities they will give you. I'm predicting Town 2-1 with Dean Kelly off the bench to bag the winner.

Martinho II
11/07/2015, 3:28 PM
the only thing is that the ground will be wet in Sligo with all this rain assumin its rainin as hard as it is in Longford! I think Dean Kelly will make a huge impression and I expect him to score in a 1-0 win. Its years since we beat Sligo Rovers and its about time we beat the jinx!The last time we beat Sligo was over ten years ago in the showgrounds in the League Cup!!

outspoken
13/07/2015, 11:04 AM
Finally home from drowning my sorrows. What a disgraceful first half performance. Not one player can say they gave it their best in that first half. Second half we came out got tight, in Sligo faces and could have gotten an undeserved draw against a poor Sligo side we made look extremely good.

Entire back 4 needs a revamp, Pat Sullivans performance was nothing short of desperate and it's time he was either moved inside or dropped for Jamie. Rhys was probably the best of the back 4 and he's not even a centre back by trade, Rossiter clearly isn't match fit and shouldn't be playing until he is while Conor Powell is causing us a world of trouble by pulling out of tackles and constantly giving the ball away.

Salmo and Rice got the whole team going and up the field in the second half with their ball winning skills and never say die attitude while Dean Kelly looks a fantastic addition a real trier and battler. The sooner Aymen can play full 90's again the better he destroyed Creataro at right full.

Shaw won a good few headers second half and the tactic to push in the 2 wingers close and win the flick ons was excellent. Skinner made a good save or 2 to keep the score line respectable. So all in all if the back 4 issues can be addressed and we show the passion we showed second half for a full 90, there's no reason we can't beat a cork city side in a bad place at the moment.

Huge credit to everyone who traveled, best atmosphere ever. If only we had a roof like that over section O

Martinho II
13/07/2015, 12:01 PM
maybe section O should fundraise for a roof and get someone to do it for us instead of waiting for the board to do it as it will never be done! I thought it was a great atmosphere but we did get quiet when we went 3-0 down. For the rest of the 1st half,the atmosphere was pure anger and bewilderment as what was going on.

I dont think the Pat Sullivan signing has worked out for us. He is not the player that he was from his first spell with us. I thought his perforamance was disgraceful. I would drop him from the squad completely to give him a kick up the hole. You know from looking at him that he is not hungry at all. The sooner Flynner comes back the better for us. I cant wait to see what Deano will do for us. Conor Powell has also being a disappointment for us as well!

Darklordsbane
13/07/2015, 1:29 PM
have to say I agree with about 80% of those points

outspoken
13/07/2015, 1:32 PM
maybe section O should fundraise for a roof and get someone to do it for us instead of waiting for the board to do it as it will never be done! I thought it was a great atmosphere but we did get quiet when we went 3-0 down. For the rest of the 1st half,the atmosphere was pure anger and bewilderment as what was going on.

I dont think the Pat Sullivan signing has worked out for us. He is not the player that he was from his first spell with us. I thought his perforamance was disgraceful. I would drop him from the squad completely to give him a kick up the hole. You know from looking at him that he is not hungry at all. The sooner Flynner comes back the better for us. I cant wait to see what Deano will do for us. Conor Powell has also being a disappointment for us as well!

Flynn at least another 5 weeks away from fitness. We need to sign another defender

hollocaine
13/07/2015, 3:04 PM
From his 2 appearances, Doherty doesn’t look up to much. No improvement on Shannon, that’s for sure. Signing a central defender should have been of greater importance than a left winger.
As for Sullivan, let’s face it, the guy is a bit of an a$$hole. His booking at the end of the Bohs game last week summed him up. Some people thought it was hilarious. In fact, it was pure ignorance and arrogance.
His pal Rice is another with a bad attitude, but gets away with it cos he chases everything down. He’s brutal when going forward - Salmon and K O’C have got to start in centre mid for the Drogs game on Saturday week.

Darklordsbane
13/07/2015, 3:29 PM
I can't believe what i'm reading today, wouldn't argue with any of that, , Deady has to start at left full,I would play Mulhall at right back but tell him to stay out near the touchline, I might be wrong but I think Rice will be suspended due to all the bookings most of which are for being a big mouth not for tackling, personally I would put Gorman back in his proper position in midfield if nothing else he can run for 90 mins, I would rest Shaw and start O Sullivan and Kelly, wingers whoever you fancy yourself but I'd give them all a good tongue lashing and swop them for the second half,
we surrendered the midfield in Cork but Cork play a defensive game away from home, I think we should try to play football against them and catch them out like we did against Drogheda, albeit they were muck but I didn't think Cork were brilliant when we played them last
none of this of course will happen as it will be all the usual suspects playing 451

outspoken
13/07/2015, 6:10 PM
From his 2 appearances, Doherty doesn’t look up to much. No improvement on Shannon, that’s for sure. Signing a central defender should have been of greater importance than a left winger.
As for Sullivan, let’s face it, the guy is a bit of an a$$hole. His booking at the end of the Bohs game last week summed him up. Some people thought it was hilarious. In fact, it was pure ignorance and arrogance.
His pal Rice is another with a bad attitude, but gets away with it cos he chases everything down. He’s brutal when going forward - Salmon and K O’C have got to start in centre mid for the Drogs game on Saturday week.

Agree with Doherty he looks lazy but in saying that he doesn't look match fit but that's all the more reason he should be running himself into the ground and not walking around when we are attacking, he keeps coming inside and that leaves Powell pushing on and Powell as we know is very likely to give the ball away. Say what you want about Shannon he gives his all for that shirt and I think he deserves a go at this stage. Disagree with you about Rice for me he is a warrior and without him we'd be a lot lower down the table. Kevin is a wonderful player but his legs really are slowing down of late and he needs a rest. Tom Morris leaving left us short of cover at centre back so that needs addressing within the next week or 2 it can't go on any longer because our back 4 is just a shambles at the moment. As for your thoughts on Pat Sullivan I had no issue with what he done against Bohs what I have an issue with is twice this season (including Saturday) he lost the ball and instead of chasing back he lay down on the floor, that's not acceptable in the Astro cages never Mind playing for LTFC. Makes you wonder if Cousins is afraid to upset the likes of Sullivan and Powell by dropping them or giving them a good volleying because that's exactly what a few of the players need.