PDA

View Full Version : We don't care what the animals say!

liam88
07/12/2004, 9:32 PM
After watching us end of European adventure tonight I could not be more proud to be a Celtic fan!
We played an excellent 90 minutes of football an although i'm dissapointed that we didn't get the goal and Barcalona couldn't do their bit we have nothing to be ashamed of. Aiden McGeady played brilliantly and will be amazing for Ireland in a few years time-I could not wish him more luck. Despite spending hardly anything on the transfer market this season (thlank yuo very much BOD!) we sent out a patched up squad and played the best football we could and really impressed.
We had a rocky start to the campaign but holding Barca to a draw in Nou Camp, drawing with AC and beating Shatkar is no mean feat!
I hope that the board do give O'Neil the money for Christmas now they see how well we can do with very limited resources and the amazing potential we have.
Our fans got behind the team for the whole game and both fans and players (on both sides!) sportsmanship was excellent and that's what it's all about!
YEs it hurts to see your team kn ocked out of Europe altogether but when the fans cheer them and their opponents of the ptich you really do know that you have something to be proud of.
Well done to the bhoys tonight and everyone cheering them on!
All that reamins to be said is best wished to John Kennedy for his upcoming final (figures crossed!) knee op-we're preying for you mate!

Hail! Hail!

CollegeTillIDie
07/12/2004, 11:09 PM
Be that as it may Liam but what is happening at Sonia O'Sullivan's favourite EL club pray tell?

Junior
08/12/2004, 1:05 PM
Liam,

not sure you were watching the same game as me!!

McGeady showed skill and maturity beyond his years apart from that we were pretty poor.

Thommo had a nightmare in the centre (was equally bad against hibs on sat unfortunately)

Sutton was poor.

BBJ was unlcuky not to score, though service was fairly limited to hoofs up the park - some he won some he didn't.

Stan needs a break to recharge the batteries and fully recover from injury.
Lennon was his usual reliable self.

Defence did ok and improved on recent form.

Hedman is a diddy - nuff said.

We missed Agathe out there tonight.

I was sceptical about us doing any purchasing in the January window - I'd almost put my mortgag on it now we are out of europe!!

Kingdom
09/12/2004, 8:09 AM
Just to put things in perspective about Celtic's achievements. They can count themselves extremely unlucky in the group they were drawn in. Milan are Italian champs , Barcelona have proved this year what an exceptional team they are(they make Madrid look pedestrian), and as for Shaktar, they just spent €56m in the close season on new players , the likes of whom (Ciprian,Tomas Hubschmann,Rat,Igor Duljaj and Matuzalem) will/have become regular important players for their National teams. Indeed they spent €20m approx on Matuzalem , which I imagine is more than Celtic have spent on all players in the past 2/3/4 seasons. So there is no shame in how Celtic fared. Indeed they were unlucky not to get a point at Milan.

Junior
09/12/2004, 11:58 AM
Just to put things in perspective about Celtic's achievements. They can count themselves extremely unlucky in the group they were drawn in. Milan are Italian champs , Barcelona have proved this year what an exceptional team they are(they make Madrid look pedestrian), and as for Shaktar, they just spent €56m in the close season on new players , the likes of whom (Ciprian,Tomas Hubschmann,Rat,Igor Duljaj and Matuzalem) will/have become regular important players for their National teams. Indeed they spent €20m approx on Matuzalem , which I imagine is more than Celtic have spent on all players in the past 2/3/4 seasons. So there is no shame in how Celtic fared. Indeed they were unlucky not to get a point at Milan.

pretty accurate assessment. Barca & Milan are 1st and 3rd favourites respectively to win the thing outright.

At 25/1 I think Shaktar are well worth a little flutter on the uefa cup. Valencia and Newcastle are the top 2 favourites at 6/1 and 8/1 and I'd fancy Shaktars chances against these 2 on current performances.

eoinh
09/12/2004, 6:50 PM
Be that as it may Liam but what is happening at Sonia O'Sullivan's favourite EL club pray tell?

Just read all his posts in the Ramblers forum - you can find out that way! Oh no, sorry you cant.

Éanna
09/12/2004, 9:34 PM
We missed Agathe out there tonight.

any team that misses a player of that "quality" would want to think about a few signings. This has finally put lie to the suggestion that Celtic are a big club. They were dreadful. End of.

liam88
09/12/2004, 9:40 PM
Just read all his posts in the Ramblers forum - you can find out that way! Oh no, sorry you cant.

Nice of you to spend your evenings picking on a 16 year old lad :(
So I'm only involved in one of the current Rambs threads.......when are you going to grow up and stop being so stuck-up an' realise that ma uncle WORKS at Ramblers and I love the club!

eoinh
09/12/2004, 9:45 PM
OK Liam, no more ramblers baiting.

Éanna
09/12/2004, 9:51 PM
ma
the word is "my" :rolleyes:

sylvo
10/12/2004, 1:02 AM
Nice of you to spend your evenings picking on a 16 year old lad :(
So I'm only involved in one of the current Rambs threads.......when are you going to grow up and stop being so stuck-up an' realise that ma uncle WORKS at Ramblers and I love the club!

Don't mind them Liam, i'm sure if you lived in Ramblers country you'd be able to talk jazz with them about yer fave EL team till the cow's come home but sadly so many of the older folk on here proberly don't know that getting news day in day out about yer fave EL club when you live in Guildford is not an easy thing.
I wonder how many kids your age that live around their way take some form of support of EL club's, :rolleyes
Anyway not to worry, next week when you meet up with the rest of us 2g's there'll be plenty of time to talk jazz about the EL and the CELTS. ;)

Junior
10/12/2004, 7:52 AM
any team that misses a player of that "quality" would want to think about a few signings..

No **** sherlock - talk about pointing out the bleedin obvious!!! I think you do Agathe an injustice by the way - he's had some outstanding performances in the Champions League

This has finally put lie to the suggestion that Celtic are a big club. They were dreadful. End of.

Troll alert Troll alert.....................

A home draw against one of the favourites - hardly means we are dreadful?Not good enough I agree, but no shame in struggling against AC Milan. Get a grip!!

liam88
10/12/2004, 8:32 AM
Don't mind them Liam, i'm sure if you lived in Ramblers country you'd be able to talk jazz with them about yer fave EL team till the cow's come home but sadly so many of the older folk on here proberly don't know that getting news day in day out about yer fave EL club when you live in Guildford is not an easy thing.
I wonder how many kids your age that live around their way take some form of support of EL club's, :rolleyes
Anyway not to worry, next week when you meet up with the rest of us 2g's there'll be plenty of time to talk jazz about the EL and the CELTS. ;)

Cheers mate-will be wearing MA Rambs jersey on Thursday