PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich Town value Darly Murphy at £250,000

eoinh
07/12/2004, 9:03 PM
Except theres one problem for Waterford. See here (http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/sport/story.asp?datetime=07+Dec+2004+18%3A20&tbrand=EADOnline&tCategory=SPORT&category=IpswichTownFC&brand=EADOnline&itemid=IPED06+Dec+2004+22%3A42%3A24%3A217)

dancinpants
07/12/2004, 10:22 PM
Ouch!!! :eek:

thecorner
07/12/2004, 10:24 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Partizan
07/12/2004, 11:23 PM
hate to spoil the premature party for the Caw'kies, but Darryl is under contract for another season, see here :D

http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1722&start=0

look at the post by Ray Scott, PRO of Waterford.

UK£250,000 = 362,285.24 euros

thats alot of spondoolies heading our way. ;)

We'll post off the 24 cents to Ca'wk to help Fat buy a McFat special meal at McDonalds

CollegeTillIDie
07/12/2004, 11:40 PM
hate to spoil the premature party for the Caw'kies, but Darryl is under contract for another season, see here :D

http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1722&start=0

look at the post by Ray Scott, PRO of Waterford.

UK£250,000 = 362,285.24 euros

thats alot of spondoolies heading our way. ;)

We'll post off the 24 cents to Ca'wk to help Fat buy a McFat special meal at McDonalds

Well I genuinely hope the fee comes through. Rumours in the big smoke that Renni could be on his way from the Blues and Whelehan is already gone back to Dublin City.

noby
08/12/2004, 1:52 PM
Apparantley he got injured over there, and they've invited him back in february.

eoinh
08/12/2004, 2:05 PM
Ipswich should either make a bid for him or waterford should tell them to **** off.

jimhacker
08/12/2004, 2:28 PM
Ipswich should either make a bid for him or waterford should tell them to **** off.
And £250,000 is way too cheap.

noby
08/12/2004, 3:53 PM

Absolutely. Feb is a bit late in the day to be possibly losing a striker.

Man City were also interested apparantley. And seen as they're going to lose Anelka (and gain Mellor), maybe they might take him

ConfusedBlue
08/12/2004, 5:09 PM
I hear Blackpool made a bid of E20,000.Now whatever about Ipswich making a derogatory offer,Blackpool are just taking the ****!!!!!

MrJoeSoap
14/12/2004, 11:51 AM
The newly approved FIFA rules
International transfers of players under 18 are restricted to special circumstances
Clubs will be able to receive compensation for players aged under 23, who move during the currency or at the end of their contracts
This will no longer be a negotiated transfer fee, it will be calculated instead to specific criteria
Contracts will be for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5 years
There will be one transfer period per season, with a limited mid-season window. Only one transfer per player per season
When a contract is signed up till the players 28th birthday, a unilateral breach in the first three years will give rise to compensation and the application of sports sanctions restricting a players ability to play immediately for his new club
When a player is signed after his 28th birthday, the above applies but only for the first two years of the contract
A new arbitration system was established to provide an effective and swift alternative to civil litigation

Nothing in there about free transfers for under 23's if the transfer isnt domestic, and I cant say I've ever heard that. AFAIK, if the player is out-of-contract and under 23, they cant switch clubs without compensation unless they are released by their first club and then signed up by the second club.

And I certainly cant see that happening in Murphys case.

pete
14/12/2004, 12:00 PM
Nothing in there about free transfers for under 23's if the transfer isnt domestic, and I cant say I've ever heard that. AFAIK, if the player is out-of-contract and under 23, they cant switch clubs without compensation unless they are released by their first club and then signed up by the second club.

That would be the Cawley UCD to Shel$ case...?

I rate Murphy very highly & always impressed when i've seen him. Strong & obviously good in the air but very good feet for his size & goos skill to pass defenders.

ConfusedBlue
14/12/2004, 3:11 PM
So how do you explain them getting Pablo Counago on a free transfer as it was'nt between 2 domestic clubs!!!

Risteard
05/01/2005, 1:22 PM
Whats the latest on Murphy?

Partizan
05/01/2005, 1:24 PM
He's going back to Ipswich on trial next month. Unless we get a good price £200k, he's not going anywhere.