PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Farrelly Article

aido_b
07/12/2004, 5:23 PM
Lads im interviewing Gareth Farrelly tomorrow, just wondering if you have any views on his appointment and whether or not you think Bohs made the right decision sacking Kenny? any other additional comments would be appreciated, cheers,

Aido

TonyD
07/12/2004, 8:34 PM
Tell him HANDS OFF DESSIE BYRNE :p

dcfcsteve
07/12/2004, 8:54 PM
Lads im interviewing Gareth Farrelly tomorrow, just wondering if you have any views on his appointment and whether or not you think Bohs made the right decision sacking Kenny? any other additional comments would be appreciated, cheers,

Aido

Sacking Kenny waas the best move Bohs ever made.... ! :D

C'mon City !!

EireBadBoy
08/12/2004, 3:35 AM
Either I'm too late or ask him does he see Irish football as a stepping stone to Josef Venglos greatness?

Let us know how it went, if it not reserved for the Bohs fanzine.

jimhacker
08/12/2004, 8:15 AM
Well impressed with his team at the Cross. They came with nothing to play for but played with desire, integrity and bags of skill -easily the best visiting team this season.

That's enough of the compliments -tell him it will be business as usual next season!

BohDiddley
08/12/2004, 11:17 AM
It's just too early to say: there was a definite improvement in performance on his arrival, but that wouldn't have been hard. Prior to that, you felt SK and the squad weren't particularily upset by repeated and deserved defeats to the Farm. That's how low we were.
Farrelly's teams can play clever, positive football that's a joy to watch. We played Shels off the park in the first half at Tolka, and that kind of game has been more evident in Bohs play late in the season.
But then we threw it away. If he has a discernable weakness, it's his tendency to sit back and defend one-goal leads, thereby inviting disaster.
Could be brilliant if he stays and at worst middling: he has quickly won over the Dalymount crowd: I was particularly impressed by his no-nonsense approach to the sneaky threesome and I doubt that people will end up calling for his head on a stake a la Kenny.
The obvious question to ask is, er, what's his starting line-up for next year. Is he buying abroad? Is he promoting more youngsters to first-team?
Who are you interviewing him for anyway?

monutdfc
08/12/2004, 11:30 AM
What was his view of the Glen Crowe transfer?

Wiseguy
08/12/2004, 11:54 AM
Farrelly has defo done a good job at Bohs.They play the best football in the league and are my tip to win the league next year depending on who GF brings in.The only down side about Bohs but an upside for the rest of us is that they can't hold their **** and defending 1 goal leads on your 18yrd line is asking for trouble but i'm sure GF will sort this.As for Kenny being sacked,he got a taste of his own medicine and deserved every bit of it.

Rocky
08/12/2004, 1:25 PM
As for Kenny being sacked,he got a taste of his own medicine and deserved every bit of it.

Do I detect sour grapes!? Without Kenny you'd still be playing on a cow field in the First Division. But that's football gratitude for ye.

Longfordian
08/12/2004, 1:28 PM
Not necessarily, he deserves credit but a lot of credit has to go to the committee who took over at the time too, they injected the necessary money

BrayUnknowns
08/12/2004, 1:29 PM
Tell him HANDS OFF DESSIE BYRNE :p

Dessie is due to sign for Bohs this week, i take that back Dessie Byrne has signed for Bohs

BohDiddley
08/12/2004, 1:57 PM
Farrelly has defo done a good job at Bohs.They play the best football in the league and are my tip to win the league next year depending on who GF brings in.
Words of wisdom! :)
The newspaper pundits all have us sinking without trace. It's worth bearing in mind, however, that these are people who write considered pieces on the EL (i.e. not match reports) about once in three months.

Wiseguy
09/12/2004, 9:46 AM
It's like this Rocky,it maybe sour grapes but Bohs did to Kenny what Kenny did to us.Stephen Kenny was a nobody going nowhere when Longford Town offered him the job.Now LTFC were also in the sh1t but we had just formed a new committee to turn the club around.No one denies the job that Kenny done for us and Kenny has a hell of a lot of well wishers in Longford but he was very quick to Jump ship when he got the chance but that's Football.His comments running down the club and it's players afterwards are what annoyed most people so i was thrilled to bits when he got sacked.The fact remains that since Kenny left we have reached 4 out of the last 4 finals winning 3 of them.We have finished 4th in the league and are now a respected premier division side so it shows that our success is not all about Kenny.
Back to Bohs,they're the best side i seen last season and played us off the park in Dalymount when we drew 1 - 1.We got out of jail that nite and if they can maintain that standard of football into next season and learn to kill off teams they will be hard bet.As for the clubs that are trying to buy the League.The best players don't make the best team.

Troy.McClure
09/12/2004, 10:02 AM
As for the clubs that are trying to buy the League.The best players don't make the best team.
It seems to work for Chelski :o