PDA

View Full Version : What deaf hucks happening in Waterford

KeepersBall
05/07/2015, 12:05 PM
Has Roddy bucked the job up or are the players not up to it

Nesta99
05/07/2015, 3:34 PM
He's waiting to get Junior in on loan to turn things around, in the mean time top goal scorers will be training with the U19s.

KeepersBall
05/07/2015, 4:29 PM
He's waiting to get Junior in on loan to turn things around, in the mean time top goal scorers will be training with the U19s.
None of which answers the question

Longfordian
05/07/2015, 4:35 PM
They were pretty rubbish before he went there so I'd suggest it's probably that the players are not up to it. Though Roddy doesn't seem to have improved them much either.

Martinho II
05/07/2015, 7:47 PM
its also the same with Athlone Town with Mathews!

trevy
06/07/2015, 6:25 AM
I expected a bit of improvement when he took over but we've only won once in his first game in charge and the buzz and increased publicity has faded away so it's been disappointing. I don't know if the funds are there to bring in many players so hard to see much improvement between now and end of season.

Spudulika
06/07/2015, 8:28 AM
Not the biggest fan of how he does his business, but he did say when he took on the job that it'd be a couple of years of work. If he can bring in some good local youngsters and toughen them up, it should be a success. However I'd be a bit afraid that the Roddy method might not work in Waterford. I hope he succeeds, it'd be great to say - "Always promoted, never relegated"!

sulywaterfordfc
06/07/2015, 10:12 AM
Roddy can't be blamed whatsoever. Players haven't been good enough this year. Lack of experience is been a major problem for the team the last two years too having an 18 year old as captain says it all (Very good player thou). We've released some whom have done next to nothing. And we haven't been allowed sign players apparently for whatever reason I don't know despite having a few lined up.

Nesta99
06/07/2015, 5:52 PM
I see in Roddy's piece in the paper that he states that this will be his last job in Ireland. He is also super excited about this job as it reminds him of the Bohs job where he rebuilt from relegation zone to champions in a year. His one regret is that he didnt communicate his plans to the Bohs support that he had a grand plan and that his article today was to inform Waterford fans of his intentions and why he has released players etc. His good news was that there is a good crop of U19's that he is going to blood this season to make a challange next season. Dont have a link but tis in the Star.

DRDoc
07/07/2015, 1:43 AM
. Dont have a link but tis in the Star.

Ah sure if its Roddy talking and it's in the Star it has to be true

Nesta99
07/07/2015, 3:21 AM
Entirely credible both the writer and publication!

I actually do think than when it comes to League of Ireland that the journos at the red tops are not that sensationalist really!

brendy_éire
08/07/2015, 8:59 AM

Done likewise with us when he sent Rory Patterson to play with the reserves.

'Last job in Ireland' statement is a hit interesting. Something lined up elsewhere?

Nesta99
08/07/2015, 12:34 PM
Done likewise with us when he sent Rory Patterson to play with the reserves.

'Last job in Ireland' statement is a hit interesting. Something lined up elsewhere?

Thats what I was referring to tbh not what is actually happening at Waterford. Roddy does stick to a set formula so I was being flippant!