PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

nigel-harps1954
22/06/2015, 4:30 PM
Felt it deserves it's own thread rather than rumour thread seeing as it's not exactly a rumour when players are actually signed.

Harps In:

Oisin McMenamin (Letterkenny Rovers)
Kieran McDaid (Buncrana Hearts)

Harps Out:

Darragh Black (GAA in America)
Regan Donelon (End of loan July)
Ruairi Keating (end of loan July)

outspoken
22/06/2015, 4:45 PM
Felt it deserves it's own thread rather than rumour thread seeing as it's not exactly a rumour when players are actually signed.

Harps In:

Oisin McMenamin (Letterkenny Rovers)
Kieran McDaid (Buncrana Hearts)

Harps Out:

Darragh Black (GAA in America)
Regan Donelon (End of loan July)
Ruairi Keating (end of loan July)

Keating defo going back?

nigel-harps1954
22/06/2015, 4:47 PM
Keating defo going back?

Yep, Sligo not letting them stay on. I'd imagine seeing as their season has gone to sh!t they'll be looking to bolster their options.

Hasn't been the same sort of player this season at all. Bit of a let down really despite scoring a couple of goals. Only annoying for us given that our options are now limited.

cobhlad
22/06/2015, 6:35 PM
Cobh Ramblers IN:

Jason Abbott (UCC)
James Furlong (College Corinthians)

gael353
23/06/2015, 8:09 AM
Limerick In:
Prince Agimang and Ali Abass (right too dream,Ghana)

sulywaterfordfc
23/06/2015, 11:03 AM
Waterford United:

IN: Mark O Keeffe (Striker - signs from local side Hibs whom just won the cup and league in the local league)

OUT:
Jack Doherty (Released)
Greg Peel (Released)

gufcfan
23/06/2015, 5:31 PM
Limerick In:

They're on the Right To Dream programme and they end up in Limerick :D

SkStu
23/06/2015, 6:12 PM
Limerick In:
Prince Agimang

is he looking to open a bank account?

donnrua
23/06/2015, 7:56 PM
Limerick In:

Agyemang and Abass were with us last season. Don't know why they weren't in at the start of this season. Prince is a very decent midfielder and will be a big help to Duggan, and Abass is a much better keeper than that clown O'Donnell...

Jofspring
23/06/2015, 11:17 PM
Agyemang and Abass were with us last season. Don't know why they weren't in at the start of this season. Prince is a very decent midfielder and will be a big help to Duggan, and Abass is a much better keeper than that clown O'Donnell...

Problem with getting the work permits supposedly. It's why Abdel Bouraima never arrived either. The club were having a lot of trouble with the move.

Charlie Darwin
24/06/2015, 1:09 AM
I understood from a few people Abass and Agmeyang were signed at the end of the last season for this. Strange they couldn't get work permits after being allowed last year, particularly Agmeyang who played a lot of games. Abass does look a particularly promising goalkeeper, and I was under the impression he had overtaken Ryan last year.

Jofspring
24/06/2015, 9:22 AM
I understood from a few people Abass and Agmeyang were signed at the end of the last season for this. Strange they couldn't get work permits after being allowed last year, particularly Agmeyang who played a lot of games. Abass does look a particularly promising goalkeeper, and I was under the impression he had overtaken Ryan last year.

Ryan picked up an injury as far as I remember and that's how abass got in to the team. He did well while there. He needs game time but certainly has the build and agility there to be a very good keeper. Ya don't know the details just that the club were having difficulties. Most people had thought them coming back wasn't going to happen at this stage to be honest. A pity we never got Abdel in cause he was supposed to have looked extremely impressive.

KBurke
24/06/2015, 3:37 PM
2 in for Galway United.

Kevin Horgan (GK) Brother of Daryl and Colm. Signed from Salthill will most likely feature for the U19s
Colm O'Donovan (Striker) Signed from Athenry FC

blueblood
24/06/2015, 5:02 PM
Limerick In:

Has this been confirmed by anyone, anyone!!

Lim till i die
24/06/2015, 7:13 PM
Abass does look a particularly promising goalkeeper, and I was under the impression he had overtaken Ryan last year.

Abass was nowhere near the required standard, I'd take a blind, one legged Barry Ryan over him.

Possibly still an improvement on O'Donnell

Jofspring
24/06/2015, 10:04 PM

They were out in UL training with the team anyway.

donnrua
24/06/2015, 11:10 PM
Possibly still an improvement on O'Donnell[/QUOTE]

A 70 year old Kevin Fitzpatrick would be an improvement on O'Donnell...

fieldofmarkets
25/06/2015, 3:26 PM
Thought Abass looked very solid at the end of last season. Very good feet as well.

Charlie Darwin
25/06/2015, 4:56 PM
I was only going on the game in Tallaght but he looked a very solid shot-stopper and almost saved the penalty. Do remember him giving out a couple of suicidal passes though.

donnrua
25/06/2015, 7:20 PM

According to the review of the Dundalk game on the club website the club are awaiting clearance for both.

gufc2000
26/06/2015, 12:23 AM
Galway United Out:
Conor Gleeson (released)

nigel-harps1954
26/06/2015, 12:41 AM
Galway United Out:
Conor Gleeson (released)

Surprised by that. Conor Winn essentially first choice there now?

outspoken
26/06/2015, 1:58 AM
Surprised by that. Conor Winn essentially first choice there now?

Christ

Charlie Darwin
26/06/2015, 2:03 AM
Winn must be up there with the luckiest players this league has ever seen. Far as I can see, the only reason he keeps getting contracts is he's nine feet tall.

nigel-harps1954
26/06/2015, 11:52 AM
Winn must be up there with the luckiest players this league has ever seen. Far as I can see, the only reason he keeps getting contracts is he's nine feet tall.

And yet, he still struggles to catch a ball above anyones head.

Nay, I'll correct that to, he struggles to catch a ball.

WoodquayBoy
26/06/2015, 9:55 PM
And yet, he still struggles to catch a ball above anyones head.

Nay, I'll correct that to, he struggles to catch a ball.
Conor gets a lot of unfair stick from people who don't realise that he is in mortal danger every time he plays. There is a magnetic field running from post to post, an inch above the ground, and if he strays beyond the goal line, or jumps, he will be incinerated. Also, his gloves have magnetic strips as well so catching the ball sets that off as well.

ForzaForth
27/06/2015, 2:57 PM
Ex-Youth, Shane Nolan, has confirmed he's left Waterford. Would be welcome back at Ferrycarrig, I'm sure.

Ex Shels, Bray, and Waterford, Gary Dempsey, has confirmed he's taking up management at LSL side, Greystones.

nigel-harps1954
29/06/2015, 5:59 PM
Harps in: Nathan Boyle (Derry - Loan)

Olander
29/06/2015, 6:00 PM
Harps in: Nathan Boyle (Derry - Loan)
Underwhelming replacement for Keating

nigel-harps1954
29/06/2015, 7:00 PM
Underwhelming replacement for Keating

That's pretty much precisely what I said.

Ezeikial
30/06/2015, 7:56 PM
I don't know much about Keating, but Nathan Boyle has looked a promising player on the couple of occasions I have seen him

outspoken
30/06/2015, 9:27 PM
I don't know much about Keating, but Nathan Boyle has looked a promising player on the couple of occasions I have seen him

I think it's a decent addition.

White Horse
30/06/2015, 10:02 PM
The Guardian can feck off. Richie is going nowhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/30/transfer-window-12-best-deals-summer

SkStu
01/07/2015, 3:55 PM
The Guardian can feck off. Richie is going nowhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/30/transfer-window-12-best-deals-summer

The most depressing piece of that article is all these other unknown prospects available for prices ranging between €3m and €15m. Richie available for €200k... sickening.

nigel-harps1954
01/07/2015, 4:30 PM
The most depressing piece of that article is all these other unknown prospects available for prices ranging between €3m and €15m. Richie available for €200k... sickening.

The difference though surely is that Towell only has 6 months left on his contract? Not much bargaining to be done with that.

Charlie Darwin
01/07/2015, 4:47 PM
I can't wait until a couple of years from now when people are talking about how whatever team "only paid £20,000" or whatever for him, like they do with Coleman.

paykanti
01/07/2015, 7:42 PM
Dundalk could have the geezer tied down to a decade long contract and he'd still struggle to fetch over £1m. He'll also do well to get a few minutes of prem football in his entire career, nevermind reach Coleman heights.

That all sounds very negative and bitter but I promise I have no hidden agenda, I just don't think he'll reach the levels others do.

Jofspring
01/07/2015, 8:38 PM
Dundalk could have the geezer tied down to a decade long contract and he'd still struggle to fetch over £1m. He'll also do well to get a few minutes of prem football in his entire career, nevermind reach Coleman heights.

That all sounds very negative and bitter but I promise I have no hidden agenda, I just don't think he'll reach the levels others do.

I agree with you. No doubt the guy is extremely talented and probably one of the best LOI players there has been in a while but from what I have seen of him he makes a few mistakes in every game I have watched. Mistakes you would not get away with at a higher level. There must be something stopping teams from snapping him up yet.

Nesta99
01/07/2015, 8:53 PM
I think that what is depressing is that transfers between lower league clubs in England dwarf what would be payed for an even higher calibre LoI player. How much did Salmon go from Scotland to Derby (I think) and Holohan from Livingstone to Norwich..and its not as if they were significantly improved after their spells in Scotland.

Charlie Darwin
01/07/2015, 8:56 PM
Conor Sammon? Wigan paid £1.2 million or something when they were in the Premier. To be fair, he never looked a good player in Ireland and inexplicably started banging them in for Kilmarnock.

Nesta99
01/07/2015, 9:07 PM
Says more about Scottish football than LoI. Even if he was a borderline national squad player £1.2mil would be £1.20 if being signed from his LoI club!!?!

Charlie Darwin
01/07/2015, 9:16 PM
Probably, yeah. You'd wonder how much of Sammon's improvement was just down to the basic fact he was full-time and playing for a team rubbish enough to have to offer him gametime.

Nesta99
01/07/2015, 10:40 PM
Had a quick look there, scored 17 in 65 games over 3 years for Killie, 1 for Derby in 83, 1 for Wigan in 32 and 4 in 34 out on loan to Ipswich and Rotherham. Now if thats worth £1.2mil+ then Vinny Faherty must be at least 10k :p Fagan 400k!!?

Sammon could be the luckiest pro footballer ever!!

Charlie Darwin
01/07/2015, 10:51 PM
Think about 15 of those goals came in the 3-4 months before Wigan signed him though. His one run of form in 24-odd years to that point and it makes him a Premier League footballer. Truly blessed.

I watched a good bit of him at UCD and even earlier and I know Stu has said similar - he was very average.

Nesta99
01/07/2015, 11:30 PM
Think about 15 of those goals came in the 3-4 months before Wigan signed him though. His one run of form in 24-odd years to that point and it makes him a Premier League footballer. Truly blessed.

I watched a good bit of him at UCD and even earlier and I know Stu has said similar - he was very average.

Was never a standout player. Derry must have had some super agent looking after players the amount that have moved over to England and Scotland.

paykanti
02/07/2015, 7:00 AM
What were the reasons behind Daryl Kavanagh's departure from Droghs? If I was in any way affiliated with Derry, I'd be getting out the buckets outside the stadium to try and get him in.

paykanti
02/07/2015, 7:04 AM
oooh, and Droghs have made two signings. Ex-Dundalk youth player, Kaguako and some randomer called James Daly.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/post.php?s=2015-06-29-daly-adds-to-drogs-signings

Jofspring
02/07/2015, 7:54 AM
What were the reasons behind Daryl Kavanagh's departure from Droghs? If I was in any way affiliated with Derry, I'd be getting out the buckets outside the stadium to try and get him in.

Gone to America apparently.

nigel-harps1954
02/07/2015, 10:21 AM
Says more about Scottish football than LoI. Even if he was a borderline national squad player £1.2mil would be £1.20 if being signed from his LoI club!!?!

It's does say a lot about Scottish football. The Scottish FA give a f**k about their league, it gets decent sponsorship, and clubs (for the most part) are in decent financial state. It's also much better attended, and has good media coverage. Whatever about difference, or lack of, in standard, they're in a much better position financially to bargain over players.

League of Ireland teams would be well within their rights to argue over half a million for top players, but the fact remains, if someone offered €300k for Towell this week, Dundalk would be in no position to turn that down.

Therein lies the problem.

Nesta99
02/07/2015, 11:47 AM
I agree with all those points Nigel. Its a well worn thread I know but in relative terms the investment needed in LoI to dominate with annual European appearances as opposed to trying to break a long established elite in Scotland and England, I dont know why a serious financial backer hasnt had a go here. Especially when there are players that have made a step up - with the finances in a club the return on player sales increases, sponsorship and profile up and then prize money. I dont mean a cobbled together consortium hoping to cash in on a land deal or Coghlan style spoof!