PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Vs Vitesse Arnhem

Gary
05/12/2004, 2:53 PM
Im going to the Amsterdam Arena next sunday to see this game.

Im pretty much completely ignorant of anyone who plays for either side.

Anyone wish to impart any knowledge, who to look out for on the pitch etc.

eoinh
05/12/2004, 2:59 PM
Gary when you go the match you will need two IDS with you. On one of the ID's should be your address as well.

To go to a Dutch league game you need to become a member of the club as well. So youll be paying for the match ticket and membership.

Ajaxs stadium is amazing. Theres a dual carraigeway that goes underneath it. I had to join up a few years ago when i went to a match there. I saw Ajax v NEC funnily enough.

Gary
05/12/2004, 3:07 PM
The girlfriend has it all arranged as one of these package dealys, so we are going on a stadium tour etc before the game!

I heard security is very tight alright. Better not have a palestinian flag with me then. :p

DolansWaistcoat
05/12/2004, 6:34 PM
Daycent stadium alright.Went on the tour a couple of years ago and it was fcukin amazing.

Didn't get the chance to see a game but there was an American football match on while I was over there but I decided to give it a miss for obvious reasons although I found out afterwards that over 10,000 ppl turned up to watch it.

The stadium has a retractable roof so hope it pi$$es or snows and the atmosphere will be even better. :cool:

Schumi
06/12/2004, 11:12 AM
The tour is good, hot blonde tour guides when I was there too. :D

Troy.McClure
06/12/2004, 11:34 AM
I went there for the Amsterdam Tournament last year and it was class. Rafael van der Vaart is their best player & captain (creative midfielder), Wesley Sneijder is pretty good too. Julien Escude is a defender that Man Yoo tried to sign about 2 years ago. I think that Scherer Andrade Maxwell is a crowd favourete. Steven Pienaar is pretty class too and Wesley Sonck is another one for the future.

Make sure you dont make a tool of yourself (like I did :o ) with the tickets going in at the start. You have to scan them in at the gate and the scanner is built in to the wall, so you have you put the ticket in to the wall (the right way around).

Enjoy yourself

DolansWaistcoat
07/12/2004, 1:20 PM
The tour is good, hot blonde tour guides when I was there too. :D

Ya I remember the blond very well,feckin lovely. :)

Thomo
07/12/2004, 1:34 PM
rafael van der vaart. ajax midfielder come strker, he is class.

Gary
14/12/2004, 11:30 AM
Well Ajax won 1-0 in a poor game. It took a last minute winner from 17 yo debutant Ryan Babel.

Hardly needs stating, but the Arena is amazing. Great day out all in all.

eoinh
14/12/2004, 11:32 AM
theres an article in this months world soccer about all the infighting going on at ajax.

The match highlights should be on eurogoals this afternoon/evening.