PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2015/16

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

fanaticfan
15/06/2015, 12:49 PM
2015/16

fanaticfan
15/06/2015, 12:51 PM
Might as well start a new thread for the upcoming season in case anyone has any news

sexyfootball
15/06/2015, 3:40 PM
The A.G.M. is on tomorrow night in the Rathkeale House Hotel, probably get a good idea of proposed start dates for the Junior & Youths Leagues then.
Any players from the Desmond League being poached by the City League teams?
Surely at least one or 2 of the Abbeyfeale Utd. lads have been approached after their winning treble and run in the Munster Junior!?

fanaticfan
15/06/2015, 11:52 PM
I was out in limerick city last weekend and met a broadford member who told me that there are two clubs are Ray Lynch to be their manager. One in the Desmond League and the other in the District League. Also heard that Joe McAuliffe is going to Newcastle Rovers.

Dobbo
16/06/2015, 1:43 PM
I was out in limerick city last weekend and met a broadford member who told me that there are two clubs are Ray Lynch to be their manager. One in the Desmond League and the other in the District League. Also heard that Joe McAuliffe is going to Newcastle Rovers.
Heard he joined charleville with Marty foley

sexyfootball
16/06/2015, 3:59 PM
Ray Lynch to be manager?? Player/Manager possibly, the man would start on all teams in the Desmond League... although maybe he's had enough of it! Still surprising though if he was to leave Broadford for another Desmond League team.
With regards Joe McAuliffe, that would be a great signing for them, don't think so though...
If Ádám Bogdán can sign for Liverpool after one half decent performance there's hope for us all yet!!

Ballistinianlad
16/06/2015, 11:07 PM
Anyone at the agm tonight. Any craic at it

fanaticfan
19/06/2015, 2:13 AM
Ray Lynch to be manager?? Player/Manager possibly, the man would start on all teams in the Desmond League... although maybe he's had enough of it! Still surprising though if he was to leave Broadford for another Desmond League team.
With regards Joe McAuliffe, that would be a great signing for them, don't think so though...
If Ádám Bogdán can sign for Liverpool after one half decent performance there's hope for us all yet!!

Would probably be player manager alright, charlevillle is the distruict team that i heard alright so there must be some truth in it,

Dobbo
19/06/2015, 11:57 AM
Would probably be player manager alright, charlevillle is the distruict team that i heard alright so there must be some truth in it,

Ya it was confirmed last week alrite should do ok there They have a few decent players and state of the art Astro

sportsfanatic
20/06/2015, 11:07 AM
Any other rumours of transfers and managers? Will there be changes with NCW to help stop what happened last year and become title challengers again? Can Abbey put in the same commitment and effort that they showed this year and carry on into next year ? Will Rathkeale bring some of the boys that won the double with the B's or Reserves or what ever they are called these days, surely they should bring some of those boys up after their fantastic season and not bring boys who will leave the team after Christmas.
Also from what was said at the AGM the other night we still don't know who's going to be coming up to the premier yet, as the Munster council still have to look at the appeal from Carrig ??? Ray Lynch and Marty Foley are gone to Charleville to manage and I presume they will play as well as they are both good enough to do so.

Have It
21/06/2015, 3:53 AM
Heard ray lynch was going to ballingarry & Charleville. Ballingarry would have been an interesting one had he gone there. Your half right with your statement bout the munster council sportsfanatic but it's not an appeal from Carrig that is the hold up. Carrig never appealed. Glin and Kildimo went to the munster council about the leagues decision to have a playoff. But I agree Should have been sorted out long ago. I have heard Killeaney struggling badly for numbers but it's only June yet so you'd imagine they will recruit players in time.

On a different note I really hope to see a lot of young guys coming through this season. It's no secret that the standard in the league has gone down big time in the last couple of years. I know a lot of clubs have been putting in some great ground work with better coaching and facilities for under age teams and it would be great to see some results starting to come through. If they're good enough they're old enough in my view

sportsfanatic
21/06/2015, 1:29 PM
Heard from a lot of people that Ray was going to Ballingarry from 4 or 5 people but that is not true. Ballingarry have a new manager appointed already with several new faces too. You'd have to assume that the promotion/relegation saga will be over soon and the decision will be that Kildimo and Glin go up and Carrig go down.

Would agree with you there have it with your second statement. I did think Rovers brought a new life to the league with a young team and if the management can add to the squad from last year will be serious title challengers again. At least last years league wasn't the usual Broadford and Rathkeale challenging with Abbey winning the treble and rovers right up there until the end. Hopefully we will see the same again next year with four or five teams in contention.

sexyfootball
22/06/2015, 2:06 PM
Ahh here, that relegation promotion crap is still ongoing??
If it's true that Ray & Marty have gone to Charleville, best of luck to them both! He helped us win the All Ireland in Clounreask & brought back the Oscar Traynor Inter League team when no one else would.
Yeah good to see a break up of the usual suspects... Abbeyfeale Utd brought through a few nice young players as did Rovers & Rathkeale. Killeaney had one or 2 handy young fellas also.
Some of the teams in the city tend to recruit some of these younger players and more recently Limerick F.C. have started to too. Unfortunately it takes them (quality, rejuvinating players) from the league and leaves us a wee bit stale. As was said above (Have It, sportsfanatic) was good to see Abbey & Rovers up there this year with numerous good young fellas in their ranks.

Shoot
25/06/2015, 11:02 PM
Steven Gerard v Olympiakos 08/12/2004 oh what a night..................

sexyfootball
26/06/2015, 9:46 AM
Shoot, you know it... some game! Always reminds me of a goal I almost scored in Clounreask...!
Anyone have any idea of the proposed start date for the youths & junior seasons?

Have It
26/06/2015, 12:24 PM
My first ever game at Anfield that night. Spent the last 10 years trying to score one just like it (without success I might add). Ya nothing in the Observer about it, the agm was last week was it?
Good to see a local lad and the league getting a bit of publicity too after James Cussen's goal for Rovers in their first game last season went viral. It was picked up by sites like the sport bible. Cracking goal to be fair so well done to him

Shoot
26/06/2015, 1:50 PM
We will miss him, went to soon i think, that night was special alright even more than istanbul because without it we would not have " we won it 5 times"

dutchie
26/06/2015, 3:14 PM
And can anyone inform me what in the name of jaysus has stevie g got to do with the Desmond lge.

fanaticfan
26/06/2015, 8:31 PM
I agree dutchie

sportsfanatic
26/06/2015, 11:09 PM
Unless Steven Gerrard is joining Shannonside on loan I don't want to hear about him on this forum ha. When are the forms out? I presume the phone calls are started to poach players

fanaticfan
27/06/2015, 12:03 PM
Anyone hear of anyone joining a different club?

sexyfootball
27/06/2015, 7:45 PM
What HASN'T Steven Gerrard got to do with the Desmond League:p??
Heard Newcastle West AFC are fielding a 'B' Team this year... must mean they have sorted out their issues and are getting players back!?
Also heard the same about Ray & Marty going to Charleville, be a big void in Broadford now!

sportsfanatic
27/06/2015, 11:29 PM
Big loss for Broadford. Ray scores a bag of goals for them and I'd expect them not to challenge for the league next year as they have lost some players even last season. Mikey Lyons gone from Rathkeale??? And brother Davy too, both gone to Regional is a rumour I'm hearing from a few people. Big loss, but surely it's time to give those B boys a chance.

fanaticfan
29/06/2015, 12:51 PM
Ya i heard they were gone to regional as well. Big loss for rathkeale

Zenith
01/07/2015, 10:15 PM
Looks like Munster ruled in Kildimo and Glins favour.

Shoot
01/07/2015, 11:34 PM
I heard that they threw back at the desmond league Zenith?

sexyfootball
02/07/2015, 9:03 AM
Looks like Munster ruled in Kildimo and Glins favour.
I thought it had been agreed already that both Kildimo & Glin were going up & Carrig Celtic down, regardless??
Regarding Mikey Lyons was he not gone for Rathkeale for most of last season anyway because of the Limerick Senior Football? Big loss either way... great player.

sportsfanatic
02/07/2015, 5:06 PM
No it wasn't already agreed, it went to the Munster council. Hopefully that's confirmed and it's all over. Nice to know who's going up now. And yeah Mikey Lyons was gone after Christmas but before Christmas Rathkeale were top of the league, but when Lyons and their footballers left them they weren't long dropping the points.

fanaticfan
03/07/2015, 11:50 AM
Cant see rathkeale or broadford pushing for the league this coming season after losing players to the limerick league . More than likely be Abbeyfeale or Newcastle Rovers again. Anyone know whats the story with Newcastle West afc? Will it be the same problems as last year?

fanaticfan
04/07/2015, 12:12 AM
I heard that a few rovers players have been playing one or two friendlies for Fairview Rangers and that Joe McAuliffe is definitely signing for Rovers

The Enforcer
04/07/2015, 6:00 PM
I was talking to one of the Broadford lads last night and he told me that joe McAuliffe and Micheal Clancy are their managers this season, that's going to make it tricky for Joe when they play rovers if he is playing with them:)

fanaticfan
05/07/2015, 6:29 AM
Sure nobody will know exactly for weeks to come I suppose till teams are back pre season

sportsfanatic
05/07/2015, 1:03 PM
Also heard that Joe was managing Broadford

sexyfootball
06/07/2015, 8:11 AM
Sure 'twill all be speculation at this stage...who are the Newcastle West Rovers fellas playing with Fairview??
I imagine it can't be easy being a player manager, if it is the case they are managing Broadford, best of luck to them.
Most teams will be back preseason soon I'd say, next week or 2!
Any start date for the season yet?

jaorta
06/07/2015, 10:10 AM
Any word on what division AK united will be in.They will have to be strong
in the coming season and contend in whatever division they are in.

fanaticfan
06/07/2015, 11:48 AM
Sure 'twill all be speculation at this stage...who are the Newcastle West Rovers fellas playing with Fairview??
I imagine it can't be easy being a player manager, if it is the case they are managing Broadford, best of luck to them.
Most teams will be back preseason soon I'd say, next week or 2!
Any start date for the season yet?

Heard james cussen and aj o connor are playing the friendlies.

sexyfootball
06/07/2015, 12:17 PM
Any word on what division AK united will be in.They will have to be strong
in the coming season and contend in whatever division they are in.
They will have to start in Division 3 surely if that amalgamation is happening, sure was it St. Bens (Not sure of the team) a few seasons ago had to start in the bottom division after forming only to be gone a season or 2 later!!
Although when Foynes & Shanagloden joined they started in the premier did they?
Cheers fanaticfan, alot of players play pre-season friendlies, testing the waters at potential new clubs, not great news for Rovers 2 big players for them.
Of all the top 4 teams last year it seems only Abbeyfeale aren't under threat of losing players... so far!!

fanaticfan
06/07/2015, 2:31 PM
They will have to start in Division 3 surely if that amalgamation is happening, sure was it St. Bens (Not sure of the team) a few seasons ago had to start in the bottom division after forming only to be gone a season or 2 later!!
Although when Foynes & Shanagloden joined they started in the premier did they?
Cheers fanaticfan, alot of players play pre-season friendlies, testing the waters at potential new clubs, not great news for Rovers 2 big players for them.
Of all the top 4 teams last year it seems only Abbeyfeale aren't under threat of losing players... so far!!

Yes it was st bens few years back, when foynes and shanagolden joined as Shannonside they started in the premier because i think both were in the premier that year and i think foynes got relegated that season, i guess AK united will have to start in the 3rd division.

no harm on players playing friendlies with other teams to see if they like it before actually signing with a team. Abbeyfeale will be very strong this year as well i think, i wouldnt be surprised if they won the treble again

sportsfanatic
06/07/2015, 5:06 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying they could win the treble next year as it is different every year for example the year before they won the treble they avoided relegation by 2 points. In saying that I would put them as my favourites with rovers to win the league but I personally think it's vital that Rovers add to there squad from last year and not lose these players.

Adare and Askeaton were both in Division 2 so would there be a chance they start in division 2?

southern kid
06/07/2015, 6:27 PM
Adare and kilcornan are NOT joining together lads, one of the clubs players refused to join..

fanaticfan
06/07/2015, 9:02 PM
With rathkeale,rovers and broadford losing players I can't see them beating abbeyfeale to the trophies. Ncw afc will probably be the same as last year (didn't hear if they brought in players or lost players) Ballingarry and shannonside mid table as usual. Glin and kildimo and killeaney probably fighting relegation.

sexyfootball
07/07/2015, 8:02 AM
Adare and kilcornan are NOT joining together lads, one of the clubs players refused to join..
Surely that can't be true, one person cannot influence everything? They would have a vote or something at both clubs, if majority of both teams wanted to join then so be it??
Abbeyfeale would have to be favourites regardless... after all they did win the treble last season!!
If any team will improve upon last season it will be Newcastle West AFC, always had the ability to sign good players! It's had to say anything this early though, teams haven't even started pre-season yet.

sportsfanatic
07/07/2015, 1:39 PM
Rathkeale were back last Sunday morning, had 7 players and I think I heard Keith Hartnett took the training.

Shoot
08/07/2015, 6:20 PM
Friday 21st August i heard the league was starting up again, how true that is i do not know sexyfootball

sexyfootball
09/07/2015, 11:03 AM
Friday 21st August i heard the league was starting up again, how true that is i do not know sexyfootball
Cheers Shoot, I think it was around that time last season too. Friday, Sunday, Friday, Sunday... or was it just the 1 Friday first day out?

Just seen this there so you're right - http://ldfl.leaguerepublic.com/l/newsArticle/important_dates_for_201516_season.html

Imagine the fixtures will be pretty similar to last season, with the relegated teams replaced by the promoted teams, If that's the case Abbeyfeale will play NCW Rovers & Rathkeale first 2 games!!

fanaticfan
09/07/2015, 11:33 AM
Rathkeale were back last Sunday morning, had 7 players and I think I heard Keith Hartnett took the training.

Heard Rovers wwere back training last night

sportsfanatic
10/07/2015, 4:41 PM
Any friendlies coming up? Any more transfer rumours!

fanaticfan
11/07/2015, 6:00 PM
I'd say bit early for friendlies. Only some teams back training

sportsfanatic
14/07/2015, 12:59 PM
Aj O Connor and James Cussen gone from Rovers to Fairview?? Have been training with them since pre season started but heard they are "wanted" and are staying inside for next season

fanaticfan
16/07/2015, 10:42 AM
Fair play to them, no harm giving it a shot. Any other news floating around the league?