PDA

View Full Version : LOI Fixtures 12th June 2015

Pages : [1] 2

Dunny
11/06/2015, 10:23 PM
Last lock of fixtures before the Summer break and all of them being played on the Friday because of the International on Saturday.Maltese refs this week at Pats/Lims and Shels/Cobh

Premier Division

Bohemian FC v Shamrock Rovers 7;35pm LIVE on RTE2

Cork City v Bray Wanderers

Drogheda United v Derry City

Longford Town v Galway United

Saint Patricks Ath. v Limerick FC

Sligo Rovers v Dundalk FC

First Division

Cabinteeley FC v Athlone Town

Shelbourne v Cobh Ramblers

Finn Harps v Wexford Youths 8pm

Waterford United v UCDAFC

Suspensions:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6154-weekend-suspension-list-from-june-8

Referees:

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/14464/match-officials-appointed---week-17/

Betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

PartySaint
11/06/2015, 10:35 PM
So what's the story with Sligo? Is Heary still in charge for tomorrow?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/06/2015, 7:54 AM
So what's the story with Sligo? Is Heary still in charge for tomorrow?

No one knows yet. There'll be more eyes on who sits in the dugout tonight then who's starting the game.

Martinho II
12/06/2015, 4:04 PM
theres talk of heary coming back if he agree terms! the club have gone to hell since their old chairman went!

Charlie Darwin
12/06/2015, 4:39 PM
Important to get a win tonight to keep within touch of Dundalk, but it'll be tough with no recognised striker. I also hear there is some rivalry between the sides.

bennocelt
12/06/2015, 4:45 PM
Would love to hear if the Sligo fans STILL think it was wise to get rid of Barraclough?:rolleyes:

Longfordian
12/06/2015, 4:47 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that some still think it was a good idea but others don't.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/06/2015, 4:59 PM
Only way Heary will be back is if they can't pay him off.

As for Barraclough never thought it was a good idea to get rid of him.

ped_ped
12/06/2015, 7:12 PM
I think there's an issue with the Extratime.ie Matchtracker. It says Limerick are 1 - 0 up. Dean Clarke.

White Horse
12/06/2015, 7:39 PM
I think there's an issue with the Extratime.ie Matchtracker. It says Limerick are 1 - 0 up. Dean Clarke.

Must be Pats up following a Dean Clarke own goal.

pineapple stu
12/06/2015, 7:53 PM
Interesting set of First Division half times. Wexford 2-0 up on Harps. Waterford's twitter indicates Waterford are well on top against UCD - either that or it's only recording Waterford chances, which is entirely possible. As it stands, there's two points between the top three, when Harps had been streaking clear and Wexford had been dropping back only a couple of weeks ago.

Cobh and Cabinteely are beating Shels and Athlone too, so the gap between third and fourth is growing.

And Limerick no longer leading, though that's not the First Division. For now. :)

ped_ped
12/06/2015, 8:00 PM
2 - 1 to Pats. Forrester and Greene. Back to normal, so. :(

pineapple stu
12/06/2015, 8:02 PM
3-1 now.

Waterford's twitter giving us all the chances this half. Maybe we were just bad the first half.

Longfordian
12/06/2015, 8:16 PM
This Bohs-Rovers game is a good advertisement for the league as they say. Brian Kerr adds a lot on commentary too, he's so enthusiastic.

White Horse
12/06/2015, 8:38 PM
This Bohs-Rovers game is a good advertisement for the league as they say. Brian Kerr adds a lot on commentary too, he's so enthusiastic.

Correction: Bohs are a good advertisement for the league.

Longfordian
12/06/2015, 9:11 PM
Ah it was a good game generally. Bohs had a brilliant second half though. They really impressed me when I saw them play us twice in a week a while back. Keith Long is doing a great job.

SkStu
12/06/2015, 9:32 PM
Important to get a win tonight to keep within touch of Dundalk, but it'll be tough with no recognised striker. I also hear there is some rivalry between the sides.

Sorry. Just want to lol at you.

gufcfan
12/06/2015, 9:33 PM
Well balls... I forgot there was a game on tv...

Lim till i die
12/06/2015, 9:39 PM
Correction: Bohs are a good advertisement for the league.

Bohs were my second team. Not anymore. (im sure theyre all very upset)

They wont be a good advertisement for anything while theyve man who as a teenager was convivted with two other teenagers of a sexual assault on a fourteen year old girl on their books.

In other news we're poo.

SkStu
12/06/2015, 9:57 PM
Well balls... I forgot there was a game on tv...

Here are the important bits.

i0wyub6z8is

placid casual
12/06/2015, 10:10 PM
So it's not black& white that he,along with his friend,held down a young girl and raped her twice...

Enjoy your victory.

Lim till i die
12/06/2015, 10:11 PM
Edited.

Hope a little bit of legalise makes you happy with having him at your club. :good:

Lim till i die
12/06/2015, 10:21 PM
Plus whatever happened went down

See this part of your post.

It's really reprehensible.

Unless he wasn't convicted in court??

But I thought he was??

SkStu
12/06/2015, 10:27 PM
Look, all I'm saying is be careful with what you (and placid casual) present as fact when he is fighting something similar in the courts. At the end of the day it's no skin off my nose.

im not engaging on the other stuff.

Lim till i die
12/06/2015, 10:32 PM
Without getting myself in trouble with the poor diddums legal team I suppose the main thrust of my argument is I would be absolutely disgusted if my club signed him.

If it doesn't bother you thats your own business. :good:

TonyD
12/06/2015, 10:35 PM
Yeah, normal service resumed in the second half. First half we were poor and sloppy, second half much more like it.

SkStu
12/06/2015, 10:35 PM
If it doesn't bother you thats your own business. :good:

Fair enough chief, thanks.

SkStu
12/06/2015, 10:37 PM
Enjoy your victory.

Will do. Immensely. Thank you.

cobhlad
12/06/2015, 10:41 PM
Do clubs incur a fine if they don't have a full contingent of substitutes?

wonder88
12/06/2015, 10:52 PM
Saw last quarter of Bohs match on telly, from just after they equalised, important win for them after midweek setback. Keith Long seems to be good at recruiting players who feel they have a point to prove which is important especially when operating at a disadvantage in terms of club budget.
Nice for Galway to get the win in Longford after how the first game went against them. Still room for improvement. Bet on 2 draws; Pats/Limerick and Waterford/UCD, fair play to Roddy, ended up with a small profit.
Youths have to be one of the most impressive/overachieving teams (along with Bohs) so far?

Dodge
12/06/2015, 10:54 PM
Do clubs incur a fine if they don't have a full contingent of substitutes?
No, happens all the time

joey B
12/06/2015, 10:56 PM
Tough night for Harps,Seriously lacking a cutting edge in the final 3rd,fair play to Wexford set up to counter and did exactly that on 2 occasions,its gonna be a long graft in the 2nd half of the season.

Dunny
12/06/2015, 11:26 PM
Dundalk a wee bit lucky tonight started poorly but graduated in to the game,didnt think pen was a pen (ball to hand job) but sh1t happens,ref had a complete stinker for both sides.An og to equalise and a pen to win,i'll take that all day long.

Charlie Darwin
12/06/2015, 11:29 PM
Sorry. Just want to lol at you.
lol

Fair play to Bohs, they deserved it in the end. Thought we were very good first half and deserved the lead but second half was as bad as I've seen us in ages.

Dodge
12/06/2015, 11:57 PM
Just watched it there. You weren't very good in the first half. You were a bit less ****e than Bohs. They were great in the 2nd half and fully deserved the win

Charlie Darwin
13/06/2015, 12:00 AM
Like I said, they deserved it. Maybe I was seeing what I want to see, but I was happy with the first half, which I haven't been often this season.

sligoman
13/06/2015, 12:10 AM
Would love to hear if the Sligo fans STILL think it was wise to get rid of Barraclough?:rolleyes:Yes. Even if we get relegated and spend the next twenty years in First Division it was still a good idea. This question comes up time and time again, what is it with non-Rovers fans obsession with Baraclough? :rolleyes:

Longfordian
13/06/2015, 12:40 AM
Most non Sligo fans are not privy to the off the field decisions or demands he was making so if you were to judge him on results he did pretty well. Certainly compared to his successors.

PartySaint
13/06/2015, 1:04 AM
Awful awful first half from Pats. Played well for 10 minutes in the second half and won comfortably. Limerick try to play a bit of football but just seem to be a good few players short to pull it off.

Hilarious seeing Bohs fans defend a rapist and Rovers fans give them abuse for it, it would be interesting to see the different reactions if he was playing for Rovers tonight instead of Bohs. Football eh...

osarusan
13/06/2015, 1:17 AM
Awful awful first half from Pats. Played well for 10 minutes in the second half and won comfortably. Limerick try to play a bit of football but just seem to be a good few players short to pull it off.

Yeah, that is pretty much it. We did quite well in the first half to pressure you into mistakes (not that you needed much pressure). But you went into a higher gear straight away in the second half and just went through us for that 10-15 minute period. I think it was Greene that came more central and allowed better distribution to the wings - whever it was, our full backs were destroyed in that period and all the goals came from there.

Yossarian
13/06/2015, 1:46 AM
The break is coming at a good time for Dundalk. We weren't great tonight but did enough to beat a very poor Sligo team. We badly need a striker, McMillan really hasn't replaced Hoban and if we had a goalscorer we would be winning easily enough as we are creating plenty but not converting.

Pablo Escobar
13/06/2015, 6:08 AM
It's coming at a good time for us too. We were awful last night. We were cruising and playing well enough when Colin Healy decides to break Hugh Douglas on the touch line. Brawl ensues, Healy gets a straight red for the tackle, Bray get a man sent off, ref books 6 or 7. An absolute farce. We basically didn't create another chance after that and that was in the first half.

bennocelt
13/06/2015, 10:04 AM
Yes. Even if we get relegated and spend the next twenty years in First Division it was still a good idea. This question comes up time and time again, what is it with non-Rovers fans obsession with Baraclough? :rolleyes:

So that's a yes then!:D

nigel-harps1954
13/06/2015, 10:23 AM
Wexford, while not the most impressive team, are awfully clinical in front of goal and it was the difference last night in Finn Park. I think it'd be fair to say Harps had much more possession and chances, but Wexford took theirs well and were deserving of their win.

For all the chat about Harps though, I thought Wexford were an awfully, shall we say, hard hitting team and fond of a wee dive now and then. Also, Keegan on the sideline really made up for the lack of Ollie Horgan on the other bench with his constant whinging and crying at the ref, who in all fairness, was a disgrace. Apparently the referee tried to have the match called off due to a poor pitch...which is incredible as the pitch in Finn Park is in absolutely fantastic condition. Also took about two minutes for each booking and could have wrote an essay in his book each time he took that long. It was truly mad to watch.

Really tightens up the First Division now though, well set up for an exciting second half of the season.

Kevin McHughs goal was a real peach though. Excellent build up play and even better finish.

gufcfan
13/06/2015, 12:35 PM
Hamilton and Kerr, RTÉ dream team.

Dalymountrower
13/06/2015, 12:42 PM
Like I said, they deserved it. Maybe I was seeing what I want to see, but I was happy with the first half, which I haven't been often this season.
I thought that Rovers should have been out of sight by half timeThey looked much improved.
Nutsy decided to sit on a 1-0 lead and couldn't raise their game when Bohs equalised.Bohs went for the jugular after the equaliser,swept along by a JodI stand crowd going bonkers. That was the difference

Charlie Darwin
13/06/2015, 1:10 PM
I don't think it was anything tactical. The players seemed to just think they had it won and they had no answer when Bohs upped their game second half. Nutsy's mistake was bringing on Clancy when Kenna got injured because he was miles off the pace. Doubt we'd have conceded three goals from corners with Dave O'Connor there.

Olander
13/06/2015, 1:16 PM
Longford certainly "took us down a peg or two" last night.

Nesta99
13/06/2015, 1:44 PM
I don't think it was anything tactical. The players seemed to just think they had it won and they had no answer when Bohs upped their game second half. Nutsy's mistake was bringing on Clancy when Kenna got injured because he was miles off the pace. Doubt we'd have conceded three goals from corners with Dave O'Connor there.

He was fairly mouthing off at the 4th official after Bohs 2nd goal. Deflecting away from his tactical errors? It was obviously the refs fault that Rovers didn't defend a long straight free in to their box!

Ezeikial
13/06/2015, 2:49 PM
He was fairly mouthing off at the 4th official after Bohs 2nd goal. Deflecting away from his tactical errors? It was obviously the refs fault that Rovers didn't defend a long straight free in to their box!

Nutsey is nothing if not consistent