View Full Version : D-Day on Sunday Fellas

Pablo
14/01/2002, 2:35 PM
looking at the current table, should we fail to get the 3 points on sunday then the league is over for us. Hopefully we will win.

Shams will beat Dundalk......Shels to beat pats hopefully.......

we beat Bohs.......the title is then a four horse race.

Should pats beat Shels there are going to take some catching.......

dalo
17/01/2002, 8:26 AM
to be honest i think we are grasping at straws at thsi stage. the league is beyond us as our performances and results have been poor since beating shams in richmond. i don't expect any great turnaround against bohs

that should have been the start of great things instead we slide back wards.

at this stage I think we will be doing well to finish third

pete
17/01/2002, 11:13 AM
After last 2 away draws, games we reallt had to be winning we are definitely running out of time. All is not lost yet but from a situation when draws could have been ok in some big games we really will need t win all remaining home games.

Pablo
17/01/2002, 3:35 PM
With most of our rivals playing each other e.g Dublin derbies and all of them returning to the Cross in the coming months it is well within our grasp. starting with Bohs on Sunday........

any more slip ups and i'd have to say THEN we are out of contention......

pete
17/01/2002, 4:13 PM
Donning my anorak for a few mins:

- City haven't lost a game at the cross this season when they scored.
- Bohs have only 2 (one of them at the cross) away wins, city got 7 home wins.
- Bohs have only scored in 1 of their 5 away losses.

Stato says all signs point to 1-0 city victory!

Pablo
17/01/2002, 4:56 PM
WoW Pete. i though my annorax was impressive! u take the crunchie for that feen!

Pablo
17/01/2002, 4:56 PM
i havent used the word feen for ten years.....that felt good!

niamh
18/01/2002, 12:32 PM
With all due respect to Stats, they are missing a big point that will influence that out come....Bohs are under new management and one of the times we did lose at home this season was to the Gypsies...

They are putting some form of sorts together...saw them struggle to over come Cobh last weekend though. City aren't exactly on full cylinders either...hopefully will be an interesting one to watch..

Gary
18/01/2002, 12:53 PM
I really can't see City doing a job on Sunday. The Boez will have at least one man marker on Cahill, and unfortunatly when he doesn't play, City don't. There is also the fact that one of our strikers isn't very good.

Peadar
18/01/2002, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by niamh
With all due respect to Stats, they are missing a big point that will influence that out come....Bohs are under new management and one of the times we did lose at home this season was to the Gypsies...

Bohs beat us 0-1 a week after Longford had beaten us 4-1
Only two teams have beaten us at home in the league since then. It's not going to be easy to beat Bohs but of course we can do it. The scoring will probably be low with one team winning by a single goal. I hope it's City. If we can put Molloy off his game we have a good chance. Remember when Bohs beat us at the start of the season it was their first time beating us in about 5 years.

jbrazil
18/01/2002, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by GWA
There is also the fact that one of our strikers isn't very good.

but at least we have the saviour of irish football in good form up front. big noel. he'll make up for the "not very good" striker! :D

ccfcman
19/01/2002, 9:23 PM
city should take all 3 points on sunday,boez have been shakey recently,not that city havent been,Hartigan hat trick!!!!!!

Éanna
21/01/2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

Only two teams have beaten us at home in the league since then.
am i right in thinking we've lost 5 home games already this season (6 including metalurgs)? Bohs twice, Dundalk, UCD & Rovers in the cup. that is a disgrace.