PDA

View Full Version : Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane involved in car crash!!!

tricky_colour
09/06/2015, 8:12 PM
Sorry can't find the thread.

A real car crash not a metaphorical one!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/martin-oneill-roy-keane-involved-5854130

Ireland manager Martin O'Neill and his assistant Roy Keane were involved in a crash on the M50 motorway earlier this evening.

The FAI said in a tweet: "The Republic of Ireland management team were involved in collision on M50 earlier.
"Vehicle was rear ended in traffic. Have returned to hotel and been seen by team doctor."
Sources have indicated that it was former Aston Villa boss Roy Keane behind the wheel at the time of the crash.

Park_Lane
09/06/2015, 8:22 PM
Hopefully no Injuries, only a minor collision according to the news. Some awful driving on that m50, I drive it every day and the amount of tossers not paying attention is unreal

Stuttgart88
09/06/2015, 8:38 PM
I'm struggling to decide whether to give tricky huge credit for the self deprecating wit in again misspelling O'Neill's surname in a thread title, or whether he's just a bit thick. I'll go with the former. Stroke of genius if so.

If intended as a metaphor for their spell in charge of the team, it could well be a prophetic stroke of genius. I hope not.

Real ale Madrid
09/06/2015, 8:51 PM
Spare a thought for the person who rear-ended that car and sees Roy Maurice Keane emerge from the passenger door.

tricky_colour
09/06/2015, 8:55 PM
I'm struggling to decide whether to give tricky huge credit for the self deprecating wit in again misspelling O'Neill's surname in a thread title, or whether he's just a bit thick. I'll go with the former. Stroke of genius if so.

If intended as a metaphor for their spell in charge of the team, it could well be a prophetic stroke of genius. I hope not.

Probably a stroke of genius, or maybe perhaps a straight forward stroke, however you also failed to spot I spelt involved wrong (involed) I will (probably) correct both immediately.

tricky_colour
09/06/2015, 8:57 PM
Let's just hope Jack Grealish was not in the car behind!!!

Stuttgart88
09/06/2015, 9:08 PM
Probably a stroke of genius, or maybe perhaps a straight forward stroke, however you also failed to spot I spelt involved wrong (involed) I will (probably) correct both immediately.

Hah, I just saw that :)

Anyway, with JD otherwise engaged, JG and SI incapable of generating further headlines for now, this car crash can probably be re-headlined as "Another Irrelevant Sideshow to Become a Bigger Story Than the Football". In fairness, it has probably been the most interesting thing to happen wrt the team since Saturday.

tricky_colour
09/06/2015, 9:58 PM
My first thought was a furious Roy Keane at the wheel however as they were hit in the back that seems likely,
unless of course they are involved in some sort of insurance scam.

Crosby87
09/06/2015, 10:03 PM
The FAI took them to see Ruud. Hurt feelings all around, and an unforseen prostate exam. But it saved some money.

DannyInvincible
09/06/2015, 10:04 PM
Hopefully no Injuries, only a minor collision according to the news. Some awful driving on that m50, I drive it every day and the amount of tossers not paying attention is unreal

Enough about Roy and Martin. What about all the other mad hoors on it?!

Charlie Darwin
09/06/2015, 10:38 PM
My first thought was a furious Roy Keane at the wheel however as they were hit in the back that seems likely,
I'm surprised your first thought was a furious Roy Keane and not a furious Martin O Neil battering down your door to ask why you keep misspelling his name.

paul_oshea
09/06/2015, 10:46 PM
I don't think he is thick or absent minded per se or the other word/expression I'm looking for, just a bit of a fairy. I also think he has an inner 5 year old telling him what to write all giddy and excited. Like the woman in the 60s ball who never gets asked to dance and CD comes in from the dark and asks her to dance and bill and Melinda gates live happily ever after.

Crosby87
09/06/2015, 11:27 PM
Tricky is a huge fan of mad men.

tricky_colour
10/06/2015, 12:29 AM
Apparently the driver who went into the back of them survived the crash but was battered to death by Roy
Keane. http://www.ybig.ie/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif http://www.ybig.ie/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Crosby87
10/06/2015, 1:41 AM
The guy was a real shrimp. Thats why Maurice battered him.

seanfhear
10/06/2015, 5:56 AM
Is there a Manchester Taxi driver that has not yet been repatriated after the Match on the loose ?

samhaydenjr
11/06/2015, 3:55 AM
Spare a thought for the person who rear-ended that car and sees Roy Maurice Keane emerge from the passenger door.

He'd better watch out around himself for a long time into the future or else we'll be reading this in a book:

"I'd waited long enough. I flipping hit him hard. The light was green (I think). Take that you runt. And don't ever stand over me sneering about overstating damages to the bumper."

OwlsFan
11/06/2015, 12:58 PM

Did he have an auto body experience?

Stuttgart88
11/06/2015, 4:47 PM
Or a dare?

Paddy Garcia
14/06/2015, 4:44 PM
Not been on the site for a week or so.

I though this was the title of the thread summarising the Scotland game.

zero
14/06/2015, 8:34 PM
their whole tenure has been a car crash. hopefully they will do the decent thing and resign when we are mathematically ruled out.