PDA

View Full Version : He'll be even worse slagged now !

BrayUnknowns
03/12/2004, 1:27 PM
eircom League fans will be greeted with an unusual sight when the new eircom League season begins next March – goalkeeper Noel Mooney has baldly gone where no Shamrock Rovers keeper has gone before and received treatment to cure his premature hair loss.

Mooney joined Rovers from Cork City at the start of last season, but admits that no matter where he went he shipped terrace jibes about his receding hairline.

Perhaps no longer – he has decided to do something about it, culminating in an agreement to promote the treatment of Advanced Hair Studios.

Mooney was too far gone to receive laser treatment, which stimulates the follicles to renew hair growth. Instead, he underwent a separate form of treatment, labelled “Strand-by-Strand” and aimed at people in the advanced stage of hair loss, which replaces hair without surgery, pain or scarring.

The former Turners Cross favourite is not the first sportsman to participate in the programme – England and Lions rugby union star Austin Healey and legendary cricketer Graham Gooch have also enthusiastically endorsed the treatment of Advanced Hair Studios in the past.

Speaking on Dublin radio station Newstalk 106 radio this week, Mooney said: “I started going bald when I was 21, six years ago. It happened fairly quickly, I noticed hairs started appearing on the brush after I’d brush my hair.

“Playing in front of crowds of people, somebody would always come up with something to say.

“I’ve only had it done about a week or so but I wouldn’t know any different now. I’m delighted with it.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=14982