PDA

View Full Version : FAO; MODS; Turn this into a poll please; roddy collins

padjoe
03/12/2004, 10:26 AM
In a recent article Dermot Keely said that in 3 month in charge of Dublin City he put the team development back 3 years, please add your comments to this poll,

Yes

No

Ringo
03/12/2004, 10:50 AM
In a recent article Dermot Keely said that in 3 month in charge of Dublin City he put the team development back 3 years, please add your comments to this poll,

Yes

No

it doesn't matter anymore. we need to get on with the new season. theres a new team & a new manager. He's busy in England getting new players to destroy Rovers :D

MariborKev
03/12/2004, 4:30 PM
That is rich coming from Keely, as he has done exactly the same thing during his breif stint in the Brandywell last year :mad:

His signings and money wastage was criminal

gufcfan
03/12/2004, 4:48 PM
Yes .

A face
03/12/2004, 5:07 PM
That is rich coming from Keely, as he has done exactly the same thing during his breif stint in the Brandywell last year :mad:

Agreed ... i say Keely was delighted that it happened, as he was able to sneak back onto the scene un-noticed. What a little rat !!

I'd say yes to that poll aswell !!

Passive
04/12/2004, 10:02 AM

Exactly. The hypocrisy of Keely is breathtaking. He walked out of Derry and he walked out of Kildare. Most ridiculously of all, in December 1984 he walked out of UCD to join Rovers! He made a load of signings for UCD and then the minute Rovers came in for him he jumped ship.

TonyD
04/12/2004, 9:18 PM
So, Dermot Keely says ShowaddyRoddy has put Dub.C back 3 years. I have two observations on this ;
1. Good. Let no-one say Roddy hasn't done anything for the league :D
2. Keely is a bitter, small minded individual.

CollegeTillIDie
04/12/2004, 10:06 PM
Exactly. The hypocrisy of Keely is breathtaking. He walked out of Derry and he walked out of Kildare. Most ridiculously of all, in December 1984 he walked out of UCD to join Rovers! He made a load of signings for UCD and then the minute Rovers came in for him he jumped ship.

all true except for one thing it was December 1983 :p Although to be fair we got a fee for him because he was also a player and him leaving reduced the wage bill !

Éanna
05/12/2004, 12:56 PM
So, Dermot Keely says ShowaddyRoddy has put Dub.C back 3 years. I have two observations on this ;
1. Good. Let no-one say Roddy hasn't done anything for the league :D
2. Keely is a bitter, small minded individual.
:D `spot on

Maynard
06/12/2004, 2:50 PM
Ah we'll move on. Financially I'd say at least 3 years, but Keely has brought in some very capable 1st Div players, and by the looks of it our squad will be stronger next season than the one that won the League under Giller.
Therefore we should be there or thereabouts next year. No excuses.

pineapple stu
06/12/2004, 9:27 PM
In December 1984 he walked out of UCD to join Rovers! He made a load of signings for UCD and then the minute Rovers came in for him he jumped ship.

all true except for one thing it was December 1983 Although to be fair we got a fee for him because he was also a player and him leaving reduced the wage bill !

I thought Doc O'Neill sacked Keely 'cos he wanted to oust Theo Dunne? Also, I think the club took the policy of signing big-name players rather than the manager (we certainly didn't get rid of them the moment Keely left - waited until we were nearly broke...)

It was December 1983 because as irony would have it, Keely played in the 83/84 Cup Final for Rovers won by...UCD! :D

LFC in Exile
07/12/2004, 8:49 AM

That's 20 years ago (21 if the UCD guys are right). Let it go. :)

OneRedArmy
07/12/2004, 11:21 AM
That's 20 years ago (21 if the UCD guys are right). Let it go. :)

The Derry walkout was just over a year ago and the Kildare one was oh, at least 6 weeks before that!........either Keely's a hypocrite or he's got a failing memory.

fosterdollar
07/12/2004, 11:32 AM
What does answering yes or no mean? There's no question

pineapple stu
07/12/2004, 11:43 PM
If the UCD guys are right

What are you implying?! :D

EireBadBoy
08/12/2004, 3:32 AM
Well, firstly Dermot Keely ruined all the faith I had in good EL Managers so it will come as no suprise that I am happy for Roddy.

If any man knew what was good for them, offered the Rovers job they would jump at it!

Secondly, Dermot Keely is a scourge on Irish football at this stage, he's had his 15 minutes. I bet Dermo is well raging that Roddy was offered the job and not him after his superlative stint at consecutive EL Clubs!

Good luck to Rovers and Roddy, hope Keely can leave the legacy on Irish football that he deserves - nothing!

pineapple stu
08/12/2004, 12:53 PM
He's had his 15 minutes.

He's almost had his fifteen clubs at this stage!

Actually, at an average stay of a minute a club, you might be right... :D

Passive
08/12/2004, 1:40 PM
all true except for one thing it was December 1983 :p Although to be fair we got a fee for him because he was also a player and him leaving reduced the wage bill !

My mistake, he signed a few months into the 1983/84 season! It's just that I always associate 1984 with that team. Did I mention we won four in a row?

Passive
08/12/2004, 1:44 PM
It was December 1983 because as irony would have it, Keely played in the 83/84 Cup Final for Rovers won by...UCD! :D

That was twenty years ago, let it go :p
Did I mention that we won the next three cups ;)

monutdfc
08/12/2004, 1:55 PM
Can someone list all the eL clubs that Keely has managed please?

Can DC afford all the players he's signed? There's a few of them I'd say are on good money, and I can't see DC being in great health financialy after Roddy's stint there.

NY Hoop
08/12/2004, 2:02 PM
He's managed 12 clubs, that's if you can call seery's mob a club!

KOH

pineapple stu
08/12/2004, 2:53 PM
Did I mention that we won the next three cups ;)

Did I mention who stopped your run in '88? ;)

Passive
08/12/2004, 3:11 PM

Louis Kilcoyne?

NY Hoop
08/12/2004, 3:23 PM

Ah yes in the sunday sindo eamon dummy, renowned EL fanatic, claimed that UCD would win the Cup. They got knocked out next round by longford, who were then the equivalent of my local pub team.

Word muppet was created for dummy and his pal lucifer.

KOH

pineapple stu
09/12/2004, 12:55 PM
Ah yes in the sunday sindo eamon dummy, renowned EL fanatic, claimed that UCD would win the Cup. They got knocked out next round by longford, who were then the equivalent of my local pub team.

Word muppet was created for dummy and his pal lucifer.

Love it! :D

Passive
09/12/2004, 2:28 PM
longford, who were then the equivalent of my local pub team.

Were? ;)

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 2:31 PM
Were? ;)
Richest comment i've heard all week.. :rolleyes:

NY Hoop
09/12/2004, 2:40 PM
Richest comment i've heard all week.. :rolleyes:

Most welcome fans in 2003: Longford

Most deluded fans in 2004: Longford :D :D :D

KOH

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 2:51 PM
Biggest achievement by LTFC 2004: Double Cup Winners (while maintaining secure league position)

Biggest achievement by SRFC 2004: Avoiding relegation (hence enticing Krusty the clown as next season manager)

NY Hoop
09/12/2004, 2:52 PM
Biggest achievement by LTFC 2004: Double Cup Winners (while maintaining secure league position)

Biggest achievement by SRFC 2004: Avoiding relegation (hence enticing Krusty the clown as next season manager)

Damn forgot touchiest!!

KOH

fosterdollar
09/12/2004, 2:53 PM
Damn straight.