PDA

View Full Version : LOI Week 15 fixtures June 5th - 9th

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dunny
04/06/2015, 8:27 PM
Back to the league now after the Cup break.

Premier League.

Friday

Bray Wanderers v Longford Town

Derry City v Saint Patrick Ath.

Galway United v Cork City

Dundalk FC v Bohemian FC

Limerick FC v Drogheda United - Markets Field

Shamrock Rovers v Sligo Rover 8pm

Monday

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City 8pm

Tuesday

Saint Patricks Ath. v Bohemian FC

First Division

Friday

Athlone Town v Finn Harps

Cobh Ramblers v Waterford United

UCDAFC v Cabinteely FC

Wexford Youths v Shelbourne 8pm

Tuesday

Wexford Youths v Athlone Town 8pm

UCDAFC v Shelbourne

Officials

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6123-match-officials-appointed-june-5-9

Suspensions

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6122-weekend-suspension-list-from-june-1

Betting

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Nah Nah Nah Nah
04/06/2015, 9:03 PM
Derry will be pretty wrecked

Dunny
04/06/2015, 9:23 PM
:D
Derry on the brain tonight for some reason.

Mr A
04/06/2015, 9:50 PM

Can't tell whether this a reference to their fixture schedule or the likely outcome of having Peter Hutton in charge.

outspoken
05/06/2015, 1:03 AM
Coming in to tomorrow's game with a fantastic feeling after Monday nights result, the fact Pat Sully and Rice missed the game means we won't be as badly effected by fatigue as some may think. With Croly in charge of bray this won't be easy and how we line up will play a major part in the result. It's all very exciting. Great to be back.

Duffman
05/06/2015, 7:39 AM
Have Bray abandoned the Saturday teatime kick off idea?

White Horse
05/06/2015, 7:44 AM
Big game for Limerick tonight. Will the crowds return? Will it also be the start of their comeback?

Nesta99
05/06/2015, 7:48 AM
Curiosity might bring out a decent crowd. Hopefully a win and decent game will happen to get some of those back for Limerick!

donnrua
05/06/2015, 8:03 AM
Hopefully. Most of the games we've lost have been by the odd-goal and a win should give the younger players confidence - God knows they need it!

Jofspring
05/06/2015, 8:21 AM
I'd imagine we will have a big crowd. It's **** or bust for us. It will either be the start of a good run or the final nail in our coffin this season.

Dodge
05/06/2015, 8:41 AM
Have Bray abandoned the Saturday teatime kick off idea?

No, they're now allowed play tomorrow because of the Champions League final

Mr A
05/06/2015, 8:52 AM
No, they're now allowed play tomorrow because of the Champions League final

On the bright side they've pulled a John Delaney and UEFA have given them a billion euro towards ground development.

Bray have announced the construction of a small covered terrace.

ThePrisoner
05/06/2015, 10:37 AM
Just want to wish Limerick FC all the best on their return to the Market's Field. Looking forward to visiting in the near future.

paykanti
05/06/2015, 12:08 PM
Weren't Athlone in much worse shape, much later in the season during the last campaign than Limerick? It's far from crisis time still given they're 7 points away from a chasing pack which is basically the entire league minus 5 teams. Two back to back wins and they're right back in it which given their performances this season hardly seems impossible, especially if they add one or two faces later on in the campaign.

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 4:11 PM
That's quite true, survival isn't that far out of reach. But the squad is so thin, and who knows if any new faces will actually be added.

atfconline
05/06/2015, 4:25 PM
Don't be dragging us down to your level, we had a win by this stage last season! :D

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 4:46 PM
Apparently the breakdown between the club and the "Blue Army" has been sorted amicably, and the previously banned/boycotting fans are back in business. Serious turn of the tide vibes now, desperate for a win. Have to listen along on 95FM from work!

Acornvilla
05/06/2015, 5:54 PM
Smart move to get them back on side, will help the atmosphere at the match immensely if they do go.

Jofspring
05/06/2015, 6:40 PM
Game delayed by 15 minutes and away stand now open to home fans.

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 6:41 PM
Game delayed till 8 due to crowd outside the ground waiting to get in. Last thing I expected to hear about a Limerick home game this season!

Sam_Heggy
05/06/2015, 6:41 PM
Limerick game delayed til 8pm due to the size of the crowd.

Foy and Funston on the bench for Harps after picking up injuries v Longford on Monday night.

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 6:47 PM
O'Donnell back in goal. Would be a good night for him to start dealing with things a bit better.

Sam_Heggy
05/06/2015, 7:40 PM
Dundalk 1-1 Bohs
Rovers 1-0 Sligo
Derry 0-1 Pats
Limerick 0-1 Drogs
Galway 0-2 Cork
Bray 0-0 Longford - Bray down to 10 men

Athlone 0-0 Harps
UCD 3-1 Cabo
Wexford 0-2 Shels
Cobh 1-0 Waterford

Sam_Heggy
05/06/2015, 7:47 PM
Rovers 2-0 Sligo
Wexford 1-2 Shels

Plenty of goals tonight so far.

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 7:50 PM
Sounds like pure torture in MF from the radio commentary. Limerick making plenty of chances, but still behind.

pineapple stu
05/06/2015, 8:05 PM
Six goals and a red in 14 minutes in Belfield

NeverFeltBetter
05/06/2015, 9:23 PM
Crushingly dissapointed with Limerick result. May have been a few dodgy decisions (listening on radio, so no idea really) but Limerick had their chances and didn't take them. Pats and Dundalk away before next home game. Will the crowd come back? Serious missed opportunity to hook in some fans I fear.

pineapple stu
05/06/2015, 9:25 PM
Four for Ryan Swan tonight, including three in five minutes. Quality player. Won't be with us for too long.

Harps and Wexford losing opens things up too. Would have rather Shels hadn't got that late winner though

nigel-harps1954
05/06/2015, 9:34 PM
Harps very tired looking tonight. Athlone were set up to frustrate us and we just couldn't create any chances. Athlone are an awful side though, really poor. Just got the bit of luck that Harps lacked.

L.T.F.C.
05/06/2015, 9:35 PM
Game delayed till 8 due to crowd outside the ground waiting to get in. Last thing I expected to hear about a Limerick home game this season!

I bet you never felt better.

Charlie Darwin
05/06/2015, 10:27 PM
Four for Ryan Swan tonight, including three in five minutes. Quality player. Won't be with us for too long.

Harps and Wexford losing opens things up too. Would have rather Shels hadn't got that late winner though
Is he Derek Swan's son or was somebody just winding me up?

Strange game in Tallaght. Was pretty even for the first half even though we went 2-0 up, then they got one back through a freak goal, then they fell apart. We still don't look all that great, but Miele in behind Drennan was a masterstroke from Fenlon and they have real potential. Sligo are in real trouble - even players like Peers who have been great for years just look lost.

oriel
05/06/2015, 10:27 PM
Very poor second half display by Dundalk, and just never put Bohs under enough pressure to get anything out of the match. Disappointing result, but a deserved win by Bohs to be fair.

Terrible mistake for Barrett for the first goal with his sending off and Gartland back fit, that's his chance gone for a good while now.

We need a new striker in quick.

Dalymountrower
05/06/2015, 10:36 PM
Very poor second half display by Dundalk, and just never put Bohs under enough pressure to get anything out of the match. Disappointing result, but a deserved win by Bohs to be fair.

Terrible mistake for Barrett for the first goal with his sending off and Gartland back fit, that's his chance gone for a good while now.

We need a new striker in quick.

Thought it was an entertaining game for any neutral .Mc Milan was really.poor. Great battle between Horgan and Lopez.
BOH'S needed that as performances and morale really dipped over the past few weeks with the amount of injuries to key players
Audacious chip from half way by Dillon would have been goal of the season..
No Mc Ardles on draft was the only disappointing part of the trip.

oriel
05/06/2015, 10:52 PM
Seemed to be a nice mix of Bohs fans at this match and one of the few games where I saw easy access for away fans to the upstairs bar.

McArdles, your some man, that went about 20 years ago, stick to the Harp when visiting next:D

Dunny
05/06/2015, 10:57 PM
Padraig Amond being mentioned around Dundalk.McMillan can do a lot of things and some of his hold up play is excellent but i don't think he is a striker that deserves a start in every game but we are light in that department and that's why he starts w-o-w,much better off the bench imo.

Dunny
05/06/2015, 10:59 PM
Seemed to be a nice mix of Bohs fans at this match and one of the few games where I saw easy access for away fans to the upstairs bar.

McArdles, your some man, that went about 20 years ago, stick to the Harp when visiting next:D
You'd be hard pressed to find pubs in Dundalk with Harp on tap never mind the McArdles!

Dalymountrower
05/06/2015, 11:08 PM

Had a bottle of Macs and a good chat with some Dlk fans. Hopefully letting the fans mix might catch on in other grounds
(.Lumpers in Ravensdale is the spot for Mc Ardles!)

ATFC-1887
06/06/2015, 1:09 AM
Harps very tired looking tonight. Athlone were set up to frustrate us and we just couldn't create any chances. Athlone are an awful side though, really poor. Just got the bit of luck that Harps lacked.
Haha Nigel you are a gas man. Coming up with any excuse. Look at our injury list. We have our 2nd striker up front who has 1 league goal for us in a season. 2 right backs in centre mid. A left winger playing left back. And a keeper who made his senior debut tonight.
Harps are a filthy team. Tagbo done nothing but lash out at our centre backs all night, but im sure you will disagree with me, and blame us. He should of been sent off for swinging an elbow at Shortall.
Anyways 3 deserved points, and beat Wexford tuesday and we are 7 off top. Long way to go yet.

nigel-harps1954
06/06/2015, 6:08 AM
Not sure what excuses I'm supposed to have made there, harps did look tired and it was very clear that Athlone were set up to frustrate us. I'll not even humour your comment on Tagbo, blinkers well and truly on there for you.
Playing players out of position isn't an injury crisis.
But if you want to go down that road, harps had McGroary, McNulty and Donelon missing, Keating came off injured, McHugh, Funston and Foy on the bench after picking up knocks against Longford and Packie mailey in for his second start of the season. Assistant manager James Gallagher named on the bench to make up numbers.
Not forgetting that only four days previous we had 120 minutes of cup action.

I'll not take anything from Athlone, they done what they set out to do, fair play to them,
but that was a bloody terrible game of football.

pineapple stu
06/06/2015, 6:52 AM
Is he Derek Swan's son or was somebody just winding me up?
Swaninho's son alright. Derek's one of his biggest fans too.

10 goals this season so far. 15 is our record - Kilduff and Mick O'Byrne.

ATFC-1887
06/06/2015, 7:17 AM
Never said playing players out of position is an injury list Nigel. I said look at our injury list. Then went in to tell you we had a few of players playing out of position.
And I'm sorry, but if you can't see that Tagbo is filthy, you are deluded. He threw an elbow for gods sake.

outspoken
06/06/2015, 10:06 AM
This is great.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
06/06/2015, 10:28 AM
Hard to see how Heary can't organise a defence properly seeing as he was such a class defender. Yet another game where we gave away multiple simple goals to the opposition. He must have been happy with what he was seeing out there seeing as he made only one change during the game and never changed the shape of the team once. Shams weren't even that good. Just kept having goals handed to them.

Dead Man Walking.

Acornvilla
06/06/2015, 11:13 AM
Nigel will never be let set foot in the midlands again at this rate :D

Longfordian
06/06/2015, 11:21 AM
Cheer up nigel apparently you got a draw after all. Must have been some amount of injury time!

http://twitter.com/AthloneTownFC/status/607141838672162816

oriel
06/06/2015, 11:34 AM
Meant to post up last night. That was a nice tribute by the shed lads in the oriel park last night to the Pats fan Hanno who sadly passed away earlier in the week. Nice touch guys.

patrickccfc
06/06/2015, 11:57 AM
Good win for us last night, and coupled with bohs win over dundalk, it keeps things interesting at the top with dundalk potentially only being 6 ahead of us should they win their game in hand. Long way to go yet

DRDoc
06/06/2015, 8:12 PM
. 2 right backs in centre mid. A left winger playing left back. And a keeper who made his senior debut tonight.

In fairness Quigley has played in centre midfield many a time - even going back as far as his days at Pats - I would not consider him in there as a handicap in any way whatsoever.

Doyle has also played at left back quite a lot, for UCD, for Shels, for Pats also I think and for Athlone last season on occasion too I think? Again, I would not see this as a handicap in anyway either -

Would not consider either of those two as players playing out of position

Where were Cusack and Hand?

Harps are filthy though ;)

sulywaterfordfc
06/06/2015, 9:12 PM
Athlone were set up to frustrate us. .

From seeing Harps this season and from seeing comments on social media from opposition fans Harps set up to do the same in majority of there games....

ATFC-1887
06/06/2015, 9:46 PM
In fairness Quigley has played in centre midfield many a time - even going back as far as his days at Pats - I would not consider him in there as a handicap in any way whatsoever.

Doyle has also played at left back quite a lot, for UCD, for Shels, for Pats also I think and for Athlone last season on occasion too I think? Again, I would not see this as a handicap in anyway either -

Would not consider either of those two as players playing out of position

Where were Cusack and Hand?

Harps are filthy though ;)
Cusack has been released