PDA

View Full Version : FAO GLASGOW RANGERS fans

Dublin12
29/11/2004, 9:04 AM
Well done on getting to the top of the league,your team have played the better football so far this season,should be an interesting and exciting season for a change,can be only good for football and the spl.

Gary
29/11/2004, 9:07 AM
^^^^

It would be even better if a non Old Firm team were actually in contention.

green goblin
29/11/2004, 9:13 AM
Well done on getting to the top of the league,your team have played the better football so far this season,should be an interesting and exciting season for a change,can be only good for football and the spl.
.... Hang on, aren't you 8 hours ahead of us in Singapore, or something? Does this mean that although it's 10 in the morning here, it's 6:00 time for you and you've spent the afternoon in the boozer? :rolleyes:
Hail hail. :)

Pat O' Banton
29/11/2004, 9:13 AM
Walk before we can run, only twice in Heavens knows how long has there been even a genuine two horse race in the SPL. Hopefully with the improvement of Aberdeen Hibs and Hearts this time around (as well as more the rest giving the Old Firm a decent game) the standard and competitiveness should make the league more watchable in the next few seasons.

the 12 th man
29/11/2004, 9:21 AM
. Hopefully with the improvement of Aberdeen Hibs and Hearts this time around (as well as more the rest giving the Old Firm a decent game) the standard and competitiveness should make the league more watchable in the next few seasons.

has to happen,
the spl is dying right in front of us.

Pat O' Banton
29/11/2004, 9:36 AM
has to happen soon ,
the spl is dying right in front of us.

Watching the Old Firm game last week I suddenly noticed how brutal the standard of these games are (its not as easy to notice such things when your winning!) Low crowds outside the Old Firm, brutal football - although from what I have seen of them Hibs are trying to play decent football this season - inability to attract decent players or by and large to bring these through and a cronic lack of money from TV (it doesn't really deserve it at the moment as the standard can be so unwatchable.) This season is a pleasent suprise but it really needs to be sustained.

(BTW 12th, wrote while on hols although not in the usual hotel lobby :D )

Rovers Fellow!
29/11/2004, 9:47 AM
At the moment Aberdeen are only 7 points behind Rangers, they also have alot of very good young players most of whom have recently signed long term contracts, which can only be good for the league. Also Hibs have exciting young attacking side at the moment, the big challenge is trying to hold on them players, never mind attracting better players. In recent years both Hearts and Hibs gave the old firm a very good run for their money in 1 or 2 seasons in the league but unfortunately there best players either ended up at the old firm clubs or to England.

Hopefully for the leagues sake this time the better players at teams like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs will stay at them clubs which will benefit the league. Even as a Celtic fan its good to see games like the 2 games yesterday being more competitive and closely fought. By the sounds of it, Hearts were very unlucky not to at least get a draw at Ibrox. Things do look a little more promising in the SPL this season and hopefully it will keep up. As someone said to me yesterday, the days of Celtic and Rangers hammering teams most weeks seem to be going away.

the 12 th man
29/11/2004, 10:13 AM
(BTW 12th, wrote while on hols although not in the usual hotel lobby :D )

:rolleyes: maybe santa will bring you/me one of those new gizmo's,they're like a mobile phone with a minature keyboard attached and we could log on anytime without having to use the tell-tale computer

Pat O' Banton
29/11/2004, 8:12 PM
No chance, Mrs O' B has told me that I spend too much time on here as it is :eek:

sylvo
29/11/2004, 8:46 PM
Whats going on :confused: , a thread about those teams in Glasgow and not a single kick off with all the usual arguments :eek: .
Anyway one thing from yesterdays game v Dundee was the performance from Aidan McGeady who I felt was one of the best players yesterday setting up Hartsons goal with a lovely run down the left and a cracking low cross for the goal.
His game has come on a lot over the last few months and deserves his chance in the first team. Hopefully he might get more of a run out in the friendly with Portugal in Febuary.

liam88
01/12/2004, 6:16 PM
Ma politics teacher was singing a r*ngers song about f*in various aspects of ma religion today! It was apparently to demonstrate secarterianism etc. .......he let me sing a chorus of "ole! ole! f the queen and the U*A" afterwards to demonstrate the other side :D
Celtic fc-we shall not be moved :ball:

Jim Smith
01/12/2004, 7:25 PM
Ma politics teacher was singing a r*ngers song about f*in various aspects of ma religion today! It was apparently to demonstrate secarterianism etc. .......he let me sing a chorus of "ole! ole! f the queen and the U*A" afterwards to demonstrate the other side :D
Celtic fc-we shall not be moved :ball:
You mean that you didn't use this opportunity to demonstrate that only one side of the OF is sectarian and the other is discriminated against and victimised at every turn? You need to pay a bit more attention to your mentors here and less to that politics teacher of yours....

tricky_colour
02/12/2004, 12:31 AM
Just out of interest are there actually any Rangers fans who read or
post in this forum.

My guess is there are none, but go on - surprise me!!

liam88
02/12/2004, 11:53 AM
You mean that you didn't use this opportunity to demonstrate that only one side of the OF is sectarian and the other is discriminated against and victimised at every turn? You need to pay a bit more attention to your mentors here and less to that politics teacher of yours....

Aye well we'll go for "when was the last secaterian song at Parkhead" shall we :D
Think you'll find it was a very long time ago unless you jump on the SFA bandwagon and include fields in which case most of Irelands support are bigots :rolleyes:
HE just asked me to sing a rude Celtic song......i'd hardly have ftq down as secaterian.......loads of the Scots hate her whichever side they're on.....come to think of it so do loads of ingurlish.....think you'll find the old lady's most popular in Nord Iron above anywhere else!

green goblin
02/12/2004, 2:32 PM
HE just asked me to sing a rude Celtic song......i'd hardly have ftq down as secaterian.......loads of the Scots hate her whichever side they're on.....come to think of it so do loads of ingurlish.....think you'll find the old lady's most popular in Nord Iron above anywhere else!

Hmmm. I find songs/chants with f.t.p. about as sectarian as someone throwing potatoes at me, so inversely I'd have to suggest that f.t.q. might be construed that way by some people. After all, as a Celtic fan I find ftp deeply offensive and I'm not even Catholic :o , so Rangers fans who aren't perhaps the greatest fans of the German Lady and her Greek kids, might still take similar umbridge at such a perceived slight?

liam88
03/12/2004, 9:44 AM
Hmmm. I find songs/chants with f.t.p. about as sectarian as someone throwing potatoes at me, so inversely I'd have to suggest that f.t.q. might be construed that way by some people. After all, as a Celtic fan I find ftp deeply offensive and I'm not even Catholic :o , so Rangers fans who aren't perhaps the greatest fans of the German Lady and her Greek kids, might still take similar umbridge at such a perceived slight?
Fair play fair play-I'm not a fan of secaterian songs-(Conor'll be bringing up that one about wifebe8ter ( :rolleyes: ) any day now)......I find their songs about the Pope very offensive so I guess I shouldn't be singing ftq......but f the uda....no problem with that!
I don't get why they sing about Mary.......i know they don't find her Holy but surely she's still and important part of their 'faith'.....she gave birth the Jesus!

green goblin
03/12/2004, 12:47 PM
Fair play fair play-I'm not a fan of secaterian songs-(......I find their songs about the Pope very offensive so I guess I shouldn't be singing ftq......but f the uda....no problem with that!
I don't get why they sing about Mary.......i know they don't find her Holy but surely she's still and important part of their 'faith'.....she gave birth the Jesus!

Ah, they're just trying to get a rise by pressing all the buttons and seeing which ones get our blood boiling. Songs about Mary are right up there with "Can you do a chicken supper, Bobby Sands?".
I think Rangers fans who take their faith seriously, and for whom it actually means something in a genuine spritual sense, wouldn't feel at all comfortable with a song that insults Mary. And I'm sure there are some out there. (Cue "Nice Rangers fans" thread :) ).
As an Anglican myself (Loooong story :o ) I think I can say that what they'd say is they're not so much attacking Mary as the (To them) distored Catholic attitude of veneration of Mary.
Can't believe I'm being an apologist for Rangers... :o :confused: What on Earth am I thinking??? Hail hail! :D

Dublin12
03/12/2004, 1:19 PM
religion is old hat who gives a toss about it

sylvo
04/12/2004, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=liam88]Fair play fair play-I'm not a fan of secaterian songs-(Conor'll be bringing up that one about wifebe8ter ( :rolleyes: ) any day now)......

Not to forget the accusation of people on here supporting domestic violence and also laughing at it that was made by him. :rolleyes: