PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen 2005

Pages : [1] 2 3

Neish
02/12/2004, 11:10 AM
Foo Fighters have been confirmed as the first band for the OXEGEN 2005 festival. Foo Fighters will headline one of the night but it has not been decided yet which night, The American rockers will be one of 100 bands playing across 5 stages over the 2 day event. The concert will take place on Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July 2005 in Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Co.Kildare.

Tickets go on sale from Friday December 3rd-Dec 14th priced at :

Day Ticket: €59.50
2 Day Ticket: €110
2 Day& Camping:€130

Tickets will also be on sale after these dates but with an increase of €5 on a 1 day tickets and €10 on the 2 day and 2 day camping tickets.

Dublin12
02/12/2004, 12:13 PM
I used to rate the Foo Fighters and have seen them a few times in London just after the 1st album and a few times after the 2nd album,when they were good ,now I wouldn't cross the street to see them,they're a spent force.I like Dave Ghrol though and think he could do alot better than the stuff the Fighters are churning out now.

Duffer
02/12/2004, 12:23 PM
It's very early for talk of Oxegen the tickets don't normally go on sale till June.

What's happening this year everythings getting earlier?

noby
02/12/2004, 12:53 PM
So, with only knowing one confirmed band, and they're not confirmed for any particular night, you could save a fiver by buying your ticket now? :confused:

Neish
02/12/2004, 6:06 PM
I used to rate the Foo Fighters and have seen them a few times in London just after the 1st album and a few times after the 2nd album,when they were good ,now I wouldn't cross the street to see them,they're a spent force.I like Dave Ghrol though and think he could do alot better than the stuff the Fighters are churning out now.

Would agree with you about FOO Fighters, theve got worse and worse , still not bad after a day of drink etc.

I got the email and just thought I'd let ya know, I'm fairly sure I'll be down for the weekend unlesss anything else pops up. But with christmass and a holiday coming up may not ne able to afford ticket till later

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2004, 9:08 PM
Foo Fighters have been confirmed as the first band for the OXEGEN 2005 festival. Foo Fighters will headline one of the night but it has not been decided yet which night, The American rockers will be one of 100 bands playing across 5 stages over the 2 day event. The concert will take place on Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July 2005 in Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Co.Kildare.

Tickets go on sale from Friday December 3rd-Dec 14th priced at :

Day Ticket: €59.50
2 Day Ticket: €110
2 Day& Camping:€130

Tickets will also be on sale after these dates but with an increase of €5 on a 1 day tickets and €10 on the 2 day and 2 day camping tickets.

Why would anyone sit in a field overnight at €130 a pop to sit through loads of bands they cannot stand or have never heard of?Has prosperity made us all insane?

Yet you cannot get these self same pillocks to pay €15 to sit in relative comfort in a real seat with a back on it, to watch practicioners of the World's greatest game at the highest level possible in this country .... :ball:

GalwayFrancis
03/12/2004, 12:12 AM
Why would anyone sit in a field overnight at €130 a pop to sit through loads of bands they cannot stand or have never heard of?Has prosperity made us all insane?

Yet you cannot get these self same pillocks to pay €15 to sit in relative comfort in a real seat with a back on it, to watch practicioners of the World's greatest game at the highest level possible in this country .... :ball:

oxegen is special!!! you have to go to no

Ruairi
03/12/2004, 11:02 AM
oxegen is special!!! you have to go to no

yeah i agree, last years one was class. great weekend i have to say

James
03/12/2004, 1:25 PM
yeah, great great weekend

shame we missed the NEC match though eh
not real fans we're not Ruar

Babysis
03/12/2004, 1:34 PM
I did the last witness festival, beofre it changed its name! Cracking weekend. Saw the foo fighters a few years back at Reading, and from what I remember, they were pretty good, but I wont be rushing out to buy my ticket. Think I will hold off for T in the Park and V.

Ruairi
03/12/2004, 2:58 PM
yeah, great great weekend

shame we missed the NEC match though eh
not real fans we're not Ruar

no, no we're not. although i wore the same city jersey for the three days so i suppose that counts for something??

Troy.McClure
03/12/2004, 4:44 PM
Being a slob??? :D

Ruairi
03/12/2004, 5:31 PM
Got me there Troy..... :)

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 6:38 PM
Being a slob??? :D

That must be it right enough! :p

gustavo
08/12/2004, 11:53 PM
have to say the music was great !" but it was an awful lot of hassle . fiver for a cheeseburger thats a joke . and ignorant bástards from mayo singing "ironic" songs outside your tent at 6 am isnt good either :mad:

Neish
10/12/2004, 12:29 PM
The Prodigy have just been added to the Bill. :D

Also the deadline for purchasing the cheaper tickets has been moved to 6pm on January 4th

Neish
10/12/2004, 12:32 PM
have to say the music was great !" but it was an awful lot of hassle . fiver for a cheeseburger thats a joke . and ignorant bástards from mayo singing "ironic" songs outside your tent at 6 am isnt good either :mad:

Part and parcel of the weekend is listening to madmen signing the good aul tunes like coutry roads and sweet caroline :rolleyes:

Ohh when I say madmen I mean drunken loudmouthed hicks

Dublin12
10/12/2004, 12:41 PM
The Prodigy were at the old Witness festival a few years ago and they were awful,it was like watching a karoke pantomine act :rolleyes: .
I haven't heard much of their new stuff though so they could be better this time around hopefully.

fosterdollar
10/12/2004, 12:42 PM
Anyone know if Electric Picnic will be repeated next year? Missed it last year cos was away on holiers (only realised there was a clash after buying two tickets :rolleyes: )

Neish
04/01/2005, 12:59 PM
Also the deadline for purchasing the cheaper tickets has been moved to 6pm on January 4th

Thats today for anyone who knows there going and wanna save a few quid

Risteard
04/01/2005, 1:13 PM
Is there any web-site.
All i know is
Snow Patrol??
Foo
Prodigy
Ian Brown

Neish
04/01/2005, 6:49 PM
Yeah here it is
http://www.oxegen.ie
or
http://www.mcd.ie/festivals/fullfestivals.php3?tname=1012383160&xname=oxegen

Ian Brown woohoo :D
Where you hear about Snow Patrol?

Risteard
05/01/2005, 12:40 AM
Thought it was a site just for last year.
(i beat it to the ian brown news)
I dunno. Snow Patrol is probably dodgy so.
I thought i'd actually heard it here but a buddy thought it was confirmed too.

Neish
08/02/2005, 12:45 PM
The Killers have been added today. Also Tickets are now on re-sale priced as follows:

One-day ticket - €64.50
Two-day (Non-camping) ticket -€120
Two-day(Camping) - €145

Neish
10/02/2005, 10:16 AM
Keane THE STREETS & KASABIAN confirmed for OXEGEN 2005 10/02/05 added today 10/02/05

Neish
14/02/2005, 3:08 PM
The Frames added today 14/02/05

tetsujin1979
14/02/2005, 3:48 PM
The Frames added today 14/02/05

No shock there, the frames were always on the rising stage at witnness, think they played the main stage at the last witnness.

Always the same billing for them "hardest working band" "new album" "going to finally make the breakthrough" blah, blah, blah. If they were that good for this long, they'd already have made the breakthrough and not be playing the same student venues every year, I saw them 3 times in 8 months when I was in 2nd year in UL.

tiktok
14/02/2005, 4:11 PM
"going to finally make the breakthrough"

I think this is their year, and if it doesn't happen in the next twelve months they may as well pack it in. While not their best album, Burn the Maps is more radio friendly, especially given the crop of acts coming through now, they've started to pop up on a few 'up and coming' compilations since they signed the most recent record deal.

Neish
14/02/2005, 5:30 PM
The Frames are a decent band, but like tetsujin says they seem to be chatting about breaking though for about 3 or 4 years now and frankly I think their about as big now as their ever gonna get.

And Glen Hansard's endless self-promotion(apearing in peoples videos and joining other artists and bands on stage) is starting to annoy me. Also he spends have the gig telling little stories and sometimes ya just wanna yell "Get on with it"

Gareth
14/02/2005, 6:22 PM
Frames didn't play last year's Oxegen because they were on at around 3 o clock and they felt it was a backwards step and would only do Oxegen if they were top two billing. This suggests they are going to be the Main or second last act on stage this year. I seen the Frames and Glen Hansard too many times. I get pretty bored these days. Glen talks too much and is always playing his best ever gig, even if it was out in front of 3 people in a car park at the back of Superquinn. He almost makes you think he believes it himself!

The lineup this year is way better than this time last year, were we had Black Eyed Peas, Scissor Sisters, Darkness et al.

This year I am happy about some. I would be happier with the likes of :
Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, Pixies, Hell is for Heroes, Tom McRae, Coral, Zutons, Doves, Bloc Party, Chemical Brothers, Weezer and throw in System of a Down and a reforming of Rage against the machine and Smashing Pumpkins with a few irish acts like Gemma Hayes, Damian Rice, Pony Club and the Chalets on smaller stages and I am very pleased :)

I will go eitherway!!

James
14/02/2005, 6:42 PM
Frames didn't play last year's Oxegen because they were on at around 3 o clock and they felt it was a backwards step and would only do Oxegen if they were top two billing. This suggests they are going to be the Main or second last act on stage this year. I seen the Frames and Glen Hansard too many times. I get pretty bored these days.

The Frames are playing the Main stage 2nd last act on on the 9th
rubbish about getting boring, saw them last week in amsterdam and they were amazing.. 1200 ppl, 99% didnt know any songs and they were rocking at the end.. throw in a nice Pixies/Deus medely.. :) Bellx1 one then upstairs to top off the nights music..

Personally i think the frames will "break through" even more this year.
They have sell out shows all over europe last year and so far this current tour is sold out with 1200 in the dam and another 1200 in prague a few nights ago.. Shows being added in Paris as well as all over eastern europe and scandanavia.
in 2004 circa 100,000 ppl paid in to c them all over ireland/europe including 19,000 at marley park.
I think they gone past the "breakthrough band" stage

Gareth
14/02/2005, 6:46 PM
James, I never said the Frames were boring. Read the post again. I said I am bored of them after seeing them too many times. Thought as much about the billing position. Saw him do his Debaser a few times now. Tim Wheeler came out at Olympia and did it with him on New Years a coupel years ago.
Anyways just to re-iterate, I said I was bored of them, not that they were boring! :) They still have one of Irelands best poprock songs with Revelate. Second to Teenage Kicks.

Neish
15/02/2005, 11:16 AM
a reforming of Rage against the machine and Smashing Pumpkins

Is that just a dream or is that actually happening?

Neish
15/02/2005, 11:19 AM
James I didn't mean to apply that the Frames were boring there a very good live act. Once Glen shuts his japper that is(I mean I hate it when a band who don't chat to crowd at all) but sometime Glen just chats a bit too much.

Gareth
15/02/2005, 11:22 AM
Dream as Audioslave have a new album out this year and Smashing Pumpkins,
it was totally a dream. Still you need dreams :) Billy Corrigan's Zwan, have they gone?

gustavo
15/02/2005, 12:37 PM
whats the definiton of breakthrough for the frames ? they are pretty big here. presumably though they will only be judged on success in uk :(

tetsujin1979
15/02/2005, 1:02 PM
whats the definiton of breakthrough for the frames ? they are pretty big here. presumably though they will only be judged on success in uk :(

I would have said success outside Ireland, playing big venues, etc, not local club tours. You could probably rank them alongside Aslan, Saw Doctors, etc, in the "why are they not bigger" category

James
15/02/2005, 1:20 PM
You could probably rank them alongside Aslan, Saw Doctors, etc, in the "why are they not bigger" category

maybe in 2003 u cud rank them there as there were getting no recognition in UK.. but 2004 & def in 2005 going on whats lined up for the rest of the year.. they way way above the Aslan / Saw Doctors category who when they play outside ireland will play areas with an irish diaspora and they prob bring in v v few non irish ppl.
frames on the other hand can pack anywhere in eastern europe and now in 2005 they selling out belgium / holland / scandanavia germany..and these gigs are 95% full of non irish ppl.

Neish
17/02/2005, 1:53 PM
James Brown confirmed according to NME :D

Strong rummors of Green day, Babyshambles Future Heads and metallica

Neish
21/02/2005, 11:25 AM
Acts so far and the days are a calculated guess from the T in the park line-up

SATURDAY
green day
The Frames
prodigy
ian brown
kasabian
the killers
razorlight

SUNDAY
foo fighters
james brown
keane
the streets
Audioslave
The Streets
Beautiful south

Un confirmed day
Futureheads
Babyshambles

James
21/02/2005, 11:52 AM
hey neish
frames confirmed for Sat July 9th Main stage, 2nd last act on

Neish
21/02/2005, 1:57 PM
hey neish
frames confirmed for Sat July 9th Main stage, 2nd last act on

Its corrected now

Ruairi
21/02/2005, 4:12 PM
city are at home to bohs the night before...

hopefully three points will kick start the weekend...

Neish
21/02/2005, 4:41 PM
city are at home to bohs the night before...

hopefully three points will kick start the weekend...

Aye and Harps are away to Derry, the one away game I really wanted to get to and I was planning on heading down to Punchestown on the Friday afternoon.

Don't know what to do now :confused:

Ruairi
21/02/2005, 5:01 PM
Aye and Harps are away to Derry, the one away game I really wanted to get to and I was planning on heading down to Punchestown on the Friday afternoon.

Don't know what to do now :confused:

yeah i wanted to go up and stay in naas on thurs night and head down early fri morn... suppose i'll have to travel up on sat morning now, aim to get there for 12 and get camp set up, before getting blind drunk and forgetting where my tent is..

Neish
22/02/2005, 2:18 AM
yeah i wanted to go up and stay in naas on thurs night and head down early fri morn... suppose i'll have to travel up on sat morning now, aim to get there for 12 and get camp set up, before getting blind drunk and forgetting where my tent is..

Will probably opt for the same myself, or mayb get a bus stright after game from derry to Punchestown
Campsite is open all night ain't it?

James
22/02/2005, 8:51 AM
Will probably opt for the same myself, or mayb get a bus stright after game from derry to Punchestown
Campsite is open all night ain't it?

it was last year anyway :)

SligoRoversfan
22/02/2005, 6:34 PM
hope franz and snow patrol are announced,have my ticket ordered!!!!!!

Neish
22/02/2005, 7:11 PM
Erick Morillo, Slam, Black Strobe, & Sillicone Soul all added to dance stage line-up

Whoever they are?

Neish
22/02/2005, 7:13 PM
hope franz and snow patrol are announced,have my ticket ordered!!!!!!

Franz ferdinand would be a possibility, but I doubt Snow Patrol would play as their ment to be supporting U2 on the european leg of the tour.