PDA

View Full Version : ryanair get ready for the rebel army

kevincronin2000
02/12/2004, 9:18 AM
Ryanair announced yesterday 9 new routes from its munster hub at shannon airport. In order to shorten the drive from charleoi and beauvais for city fans Mr o'leary said he would now fly to Hamburg, Barcelona and stockholm and other routes to facilitate the rebel armys bid to land there first ever uefa cup.
See www.ryanair.com ;)

Also other airlines have jumped on the bandwagon with jet2 now operating a service between Belfast and Cork in aticipation of the huge numbers travelling to windsor park. This should keep aer aranns prices more competitive. ;)

Also hertz are going to invest in a new fleet of NISSAN cars for next season complete with the rebel army car stickers. ;)

jimhacker
02/12/2004, 11:11 AM
Ryanair announced yesterday 9 new routes from its munster hub at shannon airport. In order to shorten the drive from charleoi and beauvais for city fans Mr o'leary said he would now fly to Hamburg, Barcelona and stockholm and other routes to facilitate the rebel armys bid to land there first ever uefa cup.
See www.ryanair.com ;)

Also other airlines have jumped on the bandwagon with jet2 now operating a service between Belfast and Cork in aticipation of the huge numbers travelling to windsor park. This should keep aer aranns prices more competitive. ;)

Also hertz are going to invest in a new fleet of NISSAN cars for next season complete with the rebel army car stickers. ;)

Except the so-called Hamburg airport is in fact nearer to Copenhagen. Now that would be a nice draw FC Cpenhagen or Odense, or even Malmo again.

pete
02/12/2004, 12:07 PM
With independent cork airport might see some new routes from leeside soon too.

I heard that American company wanted to do Chicago-Cork service but pulled out of it as Minister Brennan couldn't keep his mouth shut so they didn't have option of surprising competition.

:rolleyes:

tiktok
02/12/2004, 12:25 PM
....all in all putting the words 'stupid arsehole' back in 'astute businessman'...

So you agree that he's an astute businessman? ;) :)

patsh
02/12/2004, 1:00 PM
With independent cork airport might see some new routes from leeside soon too.
I hope so. We are being left behind in cheap, direct flights. Was looking at various deals from Cork yesterday, looking ahead to 2005.
Just looking at some prices (flights to Italy, not important to me where), I could have got Ryanair flights from Cork to Trieste, going through Stansted, for €190. Aer Lingus want €589 for direct flights to Rome at the same time.
BMIBaby, Thompson and Easyjet are not much use to Cork airport if the cost of some flights from Cork to certain destinations, are double what Ryanair are charging for going direct to from Shannon.

pete
02/12/2004, 1:12 PM
Shannon could do well to steal a march on Dublin with low fare deals as Bertie ditters on what to do with 2nd terminal. Only 1/3 of population lives in dublin itself so Shannon is pretty much easier to get to for everyone else possibly including those living on dublins outskirts.

Aside from seeling some jet fuel the compulsary stopover does feck all for shannon as most transatlantic flights arrive very early when people half asleep. Had 90 minute spotover there myself this year & all bought was lousy per packed sandwich.

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 7:15 AM
Some of ye are getting fierce excited over Ryanair moving into Limerick international Airport. It's nearly 90 miles from ye. That would be like Dubs getting excited about new services in Belfast!

Fair_play_boy
03/12/2004, 8:39 AM
Some of ye are getting fierce excited over Ryanair moving into Limerick international Airport. It's nearly 90 miles from ye. That would be like Dubs getting excited about new services in Belfast!When you are chauffered around the big smoke, do you keep track of time? For your information, the journey time from Cork to Shannon, apart from being a decent road with several pleasant stop off options, is roughly equivalent to the journey time from Stephens Green to Dublin Airport. And as far as I know we get to park for free. And while you wait for your flight you don't need to write a cheque every time you want a pint. And best of all . . .

Wait for it . . . . .

You don't hear any whiney Dublin accents saying "C'mon Shels" when they see your Cork City Shirt.

tiktok
03/12/2004, 8:47 AM
Some of ye are getting fierce excited over Ryanair moving into Limerick international Airport. It's nearly 90 miles from ye. That would be like Dubs getting excited about new services in Belfast!

A friend of mine lives on the South side of the City (Dublin that is)
He was in Paris for the Irish game with me, when we all flew out of Shannon.
He recently went to London for the weekend from Dublin.

From his house, the trip to Shannon took less time than the trip to Dublin Airport.

I reckon there are a few Dubs who'd be getting excited about the new schedules from Shannon. ;)

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 9:20 AM
A friend of mine lives on the South side of the City.
He was in Paris for the Irish game with me, when we all flew out of Shannon.
He recently went to London for the weekend from Dublin.

From his house, the trip to Shannon took less time than the trip to Dublin Airport.

I reckon there are a few Dubs who'd be getting excited about the new schedules from Shannon. ;)

Yes but they live on the West side of the city and you only need to read the papers or listen to news bulletins to know what some of them are like :D
They'd feel right at home in Limerick come to think of it, well the crappy parts anyway :p

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 9:21 AM
When you are chauffered around the big smoke, do you keep track of time? For your information, the journey time from Cork to Shannon, apart from being a decent road with several pleasant stop off options, is roughly equivalent to the journey time from Stephens Green to Dublin Airport. And as far as I know we get to park for free. And while you wait for your flight you don't need to write a cheque every time you want a pint. And best of all . . .

Wait for it . . . . .

You don't hear any whiney Dublin accents saying "C'mon Shels" when they see your Cork City Shirt.

Do Shels really have that many fans? :rolleyes:

James
03/12/2004, 11:59 AM
Do Shels really have that many fans? :rolleyes:

only when they play deportivo :rolleyes:
pathetic club

pete
03/12/2004, 1:37 PM
I'd be surprised if shannon can't be reached in less than 2.5 hours from outskirts of dubland after kildare bypassed by motorways... Alone with quicker parking & shorter check in times would be option for many people...

SÓC
03/12/2004, 4:00 PM
We'll be laughing when (if) they every build a direct rail link between Cork and Limerick and Limerick-Shannon like the spatial plan suggests.

Patsh BMIbaby can be quite decent if you book well in advance