PDA

View Full Version : former seagull are on the way

seagulls nest
01/12/2004, 10:57 PM
Former seagull pip keogh will in the next few days confirm he is signing for wanderers, in other developments inside the nest john finnegan could be moving up to number 2,in what is a major reshuffle to be undertaken, not surprising since he has done a fantastic job with the 21's, and he has brought a good few lads through to the 1st team. im sure "brayunknown" will av av informaton to say differently...but this comes from a good source. be great 2 c finnegan as manager,as he is an old bray player...probably not many of you remember watching him...not the most talented player around but would run all day for ya...a bit like keith long i suppose,except for the running all day part :D :D :D

footballplease
02/12/2004, 12:55 AM
'Former seagull pip keogh will in the next few days confirm he is signing for wanderers'

....who told you about this? What is your source? Any other players coming? It seems to be that while Devo is on hols, everyone else is snapping up the best players! :mad:

YoungHoop
02/12/2004, 9:07 AM
devo is a cute hower.....

he will have contacted these players long before he knew for sure bray were going up.I would not worry about bray signing new players as they always have great players at the club and devo is the main reason for that i expect.

KR's Post
02/12/2004, 9:40 AM
devo is a cute hower.....

Whore you mean!!! Ye i'd say he has been talking to these players long before it all came out. Tell you what, these signings will really boost our survival chances. Push for an intertoto cup spot!!!!! Lester, keogh both quality players and the u21's they are class too. ;)

BrayUnknowns
02/12/2004, 10:06 AM
Former seagull pip keogh will in the next few days confirm he is signing for wanderers, in other developments inside the nest john finnegan could be moving up to number 2,in what is a major reshuffle to be undertaken, not surprising since he has done a fantastic job with the 21's, and he has brought a good few lads through to the 1st team. im sure "brayunknown" will av av informaton to say differently...but this comes from a good source. be great 2 c finnegan as manager,as he is an old bray player...probably not many of you remember watching him...not the most talented player around but would run all day for ya...a bit like keith long i suppose,except for the running all day part :D :D :D

Thats not news, most people know that pip is coming back to us, but a great signing all the same, really need someone like pip in the centre of the park ! but you are right, Finno has done a fantastic job with the 21's this season and has brought some some fantastic players (McGrory, Dunne, Roache etc...)
Devo's not on Holliers btw, he's busy behind the scenes trying to bring more quality into bray, i think our signings will surprise quite a few people ! and will give us a GREAT chance of staying in the premier, actually a great chance of finishing mid-table

KR's Post
02/12/2004, 10:10 AM
Devo's not on Holliers btw, he's busy behind the scenes trying to bring more quality into bray, i think our signings will surprise quite a few people ! and will give us a GREAT chance of staying in the premier, actually a great chance of finishing mid-table
Good! Looking forward to an exciting season!! ;)

seagulls nest
02/12/2004, 10:37 AM
i think signing lester would be a mistake, and bad news for the club....hes an absolute p-i-s-s head and thats why he isnt at drogs any more,and he is well over weight. no point making signings just for the sake of it!

seagulls nest
02/12/2004, 10:43 AM
by the way BRAYUNKNOWN,i have to admitt i havnt seen many 21's games this year but you mentioned a few 21's players that have been brought through..thats fair enough...but they have the ability to gain 1st team places? what positions do they play? has anyone cast their eye over them?? im sure only the 365 fans will have answers for that one. iv seen a bit of mcgrory...the jury is out though, has yet to score an made several appearences.

Roo69
02/12/2004, 11:11 AM
This season U21's IMO were the best in the country, well them and UCD, fri enough they only got to the 1/4 finals of the league but they were very unlucky to loose to Harps. Some excellent players coming through who will hopefully be given a chance, the good thing is that they are still eligable to play for the 21's for a few seasons.

Having seen most of the U21's matches this season, the players that spring to mind would be

Barry McGrory - Striker - Great pace and a leathal finisher, has only got a few minutes here and there with the 1st team. Scored for fun with the 21's !

Mick Roache - Centre Half - Good solid player, invloved on a few occasions with the 1st team, can also play right wing believe it or not !

Maurice Dunne - Winger / Striker - Lighting pace with bags of tricks, very light and small though but is'nt affraid to put the boot in ! needs to bulk up and if he does will be a fantastic player.

Pat Burke - Striker / Midfielder / Centre half ! - Can play in a number of positions, very big strong and physical player, only signed late in the season from UCD, highly rated by the club.

Oisin Crean - Midfielder - Very skill playmaker with a great touch and vision, played at left back as well which can only be a good thing.

Peter McGee - Midfielder - Great player, plays in the middle of the park and has a great engine, could run all day.

If the lads are given more of a run in the 1st team, even to be involved with them will do them the world of good, especially in the premier ! but it needs to be done at the right time etc...

seagulls nest
02/12/2004, 11:47 AM
iv only heard of 3 of them roo,they all cant get into the team...so if u were to pick 2 to look out for next season who would it be?

Roo69
02/12/2004, 11:51 AM
iv only heard of 3 of them roo,they all cant get into the team...so if u were to pick 2 to look out for next season who would it be?

Tough call. If i had to bring 2 players in for the 1st team squad it would be McGrory and McGee. But i reckon Burke will be more invloved as this was his last season for the 21's.