PDA

View Full Version : Was Bush up to his old Tricks again?

eoinh
01/12/2004, 8:54 PM
Jesse Jackson is alleging unfair goings on in Ohio during the election count. See here (http://www.suntimes.com/output/jesse/cst-edt-jesse30.html)

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2004, 10:22 PM
Jesse Jackson is alleging unfair goings on in Ohio during the election count. See here (http://www.suntimes.com/output/jesse/cst-edt-jesse30.html)

You will probably be able to read all about it in the next book from Michael Moore.

A face
01/12/2004, 11:37 PM
Well, its not like we could put it past him :rolleyes:

pete
02/12/2004, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't dispute that Dubya won the election but thought it was funny last week the yanks lecturing the Ukranians about election irregularities. Republicans & Democrates much of a muchness in the US which is why no one really complains or cares.

patsh
02/12/2004, 12:02 PM
You will probably be able to read all about it in the next book from Michael Moore.Maybe so, but there cannot be any doubt in all but the most partisan of people's minds, that there are highly questionable facets of the US electoral system. Can you imagine Seamus Brennan, for instance, deciding the type and circumstances of a vote?
Or Brendan Howlin, or Micheal Noonan.
There are serious question mark over the whole system, but the Republican/Bush answer is to jingoistically shout "Democracy" and stick their heads in the sand.

tiktok
02/12/2004, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't dispute that Dubya won the election but thought it was funny last week the yanks lecturing the Ukranians about election irregularities.
I found that funny too.

Republicans & Democrates much of a muchness in the US which is why no one really complains or cares.
Normally I'd agree with you, but this time around Bush will be nominating quite a few judges to the supreme court, with Republican majorities in Congress and the senate his nominations are unlikely to be contested. The judges that he's likely to push could have a serious impact on America over the next twenty to thirty years.

pete
02/12/2004, 12:47 PM
Normally I'd agree with you, but this time around Bush will be nominating quite a few judges to the supreme court, with Republican majorities in Congress and the senate his nominations are unlikely to be contested. The judges that he's likely to push could have a serious impact on America over the next twenty to thirty years.

The surprising thing is that for all this talk of moral issues winning it for Dubya it wasn't as significant as the media makes it out to be as i'd be surprised if majority backed Dubyas plans for "moral" judges 'n all.

Friend living in US said that apparently more divorces & less church goes in the red (evangenical homelands) states than blue (presumed to be the more liberal...) ones so its all spin.

Bush won cos he in a war & yanks probably guaranteed that they'll either still be at war or in another war in 4 years time...

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2004, 7:42 PM
I wouldn't dispute that Dubya won the election but thought it was funny last week the yanks lecturing the Ukranians about election irregularities.

I was thinking that myself :o