PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatar!

GalwayFrancis
01/12/2004, 8:52 PM
I remember talkin about this before but i cant remember how to put in a custom Avatar, please help, i found a nice one the last day that i robbed off the FIFA.com website

dahamsta
01/12/2004, 9:19 PM
You can't. I mentioned to Joe earlier today that I was thinking of doing optional subscriptions to try and raise money for Foot.ie events (and sponsorships, and charitable donations, etc). If we do go down that route, obviously things like custom avatars, custom titles, private forums, etc would be included. It's not on the books though, just something I've been contemplating, and even if we do decide to do it, it wouldn't be introduced until next season.

adam

A face
01/12/2004, 11:09 PM
to try and raise money for Foot.ie events (and sponsorships, and charitable donations, etc).

Just to get it out there, i wouldn't like to see what was just suggested but one thing that never has happened on here is people generate a fund/collection or something for charity or sponsorship.

There are some great ideas there alright !!

On project that would be any harm doing is investing in an advertising hoarding for a season, in a football ground or advert in a programme etc.

dahamsta
02/12/2004, 12:03 AM
It'd be great if we could get a few things organised before the start of the season. At the very least we should organise a proper five-a-side tournament next year with an entry fee for each participant, the proceeds from which would go to charity (minus the cost of the smallest trophy we can find of course). It doesn't take a whole lot to organise something like this and it wouldn't have to be just Foot.ie, we could invite all the other forums to put in teams too.

I'd love to do a Foot.ie "Supporters Award" for the craic too, for the best supporters of the year, which people would have to pay to get a vote for. There'd be all sorts of shenanigans going on, like the massive Rebel Army contingent trying to "buy" the award, but we'd know that was going to happen so it'd be a right laugh to watch the totals as the season goes on. End of the year we take a few quid out for a nice trophy for the winning club and donate the rest to charity.

There's the ad revenue too. It doesn't add up to much but at the very least we might be in a position to stick Foot.ie on it's own server next year, which would put me in a position to add a few knick knacks to the site. At the very least we could do with a decent image gallery and blogs, but it'd be cool to add some custom stuff too, like a player database (which I'm already working on, but made a complete hames of cos I forgot about transfers!)

If the ad revenue covered the cost of the server and the software licences, anything we get from subscriptions would be jam that we could spend on fun stuff for promotion, like sponsoring the cheapest players ("yeah, who's your worst player this year, how much you want for 'im?") or organising displays like FourFiveOne and other fans clubs do.

adam

Dodge
02/12/2004, 8:02 AM
Some decent plans there Adam, best of luck woth it...