PDA

View Full Version : Win 2 Tickets To Every Ireland Home International Game In 05

atfconline
01/12/2004, 4:48 PM
Adam,

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I just thought some of your visitors might be interested in it.

Athlone Town Football Club gives you the chance to win two tickets to every Ireland home International match played in 2005. This includes the crucial World Cup Qualifiers against France, Israel and Switzerland.

To be in with a chance of winning, just purchase a ticket from the Club's Official Website, www.athlonetownfc.com. Tickets cost just €10 plus €1 P&P, and can be paid by cheque/postal order, or online through PayPal.com or MoneyBookers.com. The draw will take place on Monday December 20th.

Also up for grabs are a trip for two to Old Trafford, with flights, accommodation and match tickets included; a Christmas Hamper; a TV & DVD Player Combo and a DVD Player.

If you know of someone else who might be interested, please forward this on to them.

If you need any more details, see www.athlonetownfc.com or just email info@athlonetownfc.com.

Regards,

atfconline

TheJamaicanP.M.
01/12/2004, 5:10 PM
Adam,

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I just thought some of your visitors might be interested in it.

Athlone Town Football Club gives you the chance to win two tickets to every Ireland home International match played in 2005. This includes the crucial World Cup Qualifiers against France, Israel and Switzerland.

To be in with a chance of winning, just purchase a ticket from the Club's Official Website, www.athlonetownfc.com. Tickets cost just €10 plus €1 P&P, and can be paid by cheque/postal order, or online through PayPal.com or MoneyBookers.com. The draw will take place on Monday December 20th.

Also up for grabs are a trip for two to Old Trafford, with flights, accommodation and match tickets included; a Christmas Hamper; a TV & DVD Player Combo and a DVD Player.

If you know of someone else who might be interested, please forward this on to them.

If you need any more details, see www.athlonetownfc.com or just email info@athlonetownfc.com.

Regards,

atfconline

Typical. Everything sounded good until you started promoting trips to an industry in the heart of Greater Manchester. You can stick your Old Trafford up your ar$e.

dublinred
01/12/2004, 9:04 PM
Got a ticket when can I collect my prize?

crc
01/12/2004, 10:21 PM

FFS :mad:

Macy
02/12/2004, 7:26 AM
Far be it for me to stick up for the Scum, but it's a fundraiser ffs. They're gonna get more people on the basis of a trip to Old Trafford (or Anfield or Highbury), so that means more money for an eL club. I mean ffs, it doesn't even necessarily clash with the eL anymore...

I'm disgusted about the TV, I mean if they have TV they could get sky sports and watch english football on that too :rolleyes:

crc
02/12/2004, 1:52 PM
I'm disgusted about the TV, I mean if they have TV they could get sky sports and watch english football on that too :rolleyes:

That's being facaetious.

Advertising a trip to Old Trafford is basically saying 'forget about football in Ireland!' They could have offered hotels in Dublin or something for the Ireland games, or even flights to some other European city, or maybe an Athlone season ticket. But offering a trip to watch Man U completely goes against what we are trying to do with the eL.

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2004, 7:45 PM
That's being facaetious.

Advertising a trip to Old Trafford is basically saying 'forget about football in Ireland!' They could have offered hotels in Dublin or something for the Ireland games, or even flights to some other European city, or maybe an Athlone season ticket. But offering a trip to watch Man U completely goes against what we are trying to do with the eL.

While I agree with the point about this being a fundraiser I cannot find fault with the posting I quote from crc either.

gustavo
02/12/2004, 7:55 PM
is it not possible that some loyal week end week out supporters of athlone town might enjoy a trip to old trafford . they are hardly killing the game here by doing so . :rolleyes:

crc
02/12/2004, 8:57 PM
I see your point Gustavo. I have been to two Premiership games myself (Blackburn in'95 and Everton in 2001) and enjoyed both of them. I've also been to the San Siro and the Nou Camp, and loved the atmosphere in a really large ground...

but at the end of the day, you don't see fundraisers/competitions for the Irish Examiner offering people subscriptions to the Irish Times because they think those kind of people like reading newspapers! We have to realise who our competitors are.

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2004, 11:06 PM
I see your point Gustavo. I have been to two Premiership games myself (Blackburn in'95 and Everton in 2001) and enjoyed both of them. I've also been to the San Siro and the Nou Camp, and loved the atmosphere in a really large ground...

but at the end of the day, you don't see fundraisers/competitions for the Irish Examiner offering people subscriptions to the Irish Times because they think those kind of people like reading newspapers! We have to realise who our competitors are.

I attended two Romanian League games in December 2003 the same weekend and a Champions League game in Belgrade into the bargain. And much as I enjoyed those games, there is nothing like an EL game.

Where else would an opposition player give a lift home to a fan of the other team? or where else would a fan of one team give a lift to a player of the opposing team? :D

gustavo
03/12/2004, 12:46 AM
fair enough but i dont think that being an eL fan and a premiership fan are mutually exclusive .

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 7:01 AM
That's being facaetious.

And another thing ... Man Utd are rubbish this season into the bargain.
Serie A or the Primera Liga...at least that would be an education as well as a football experience.

How about a Milan Derby....? Athlone played AC Milan in 1975 next season would be 30th Anniversary of the game. Ye wear the same colours as Inter Milan... what could be a better match for Athlone to offer as a prize?

crc
03/12/2004, 1:47 PM
How about a Milan Derby....? Athlone played AC Milan in 1975 next season would be 30th Anniversary of the game. Ye wear the same colours as Inter Milan... what could be a better match for Athlone to offer as a prize?

Now there's someone who's got his thinking cap on!

As regards being an eL and a Premiership fan not being mutually exclusive - I agree, you can be both. However, too many people are only one of those, and on the other side of the fence from us. They consider the eL to not be worthy of their consideration (i.e. crap). By offering a Premiership game as a prize we are reinforcing that view among the general public.

Macy
03/12/2004, 2:03 PM
As regards being an eL and a Premiership fan not being mutually exclusive - I agree, you can be both. However, too many people are only one of those, and on the other side of the fence from us. They consider the eL to not be worthy of their consideration (i.e. crap). By offering a Premiership game as a prize we are reinforcing that view among the general public.
I still don't agree, and I think we're only going to progress the league by selling it as a complement to watching English football. We'll get no where with the hardline, eh, line. If nothing else, the league caved in when it took the sky money and ran, rather than fight to keep Sunday afternoon football.