PDA

View Full Version : McNulty to Cobh

razor
01/12/2004, 3:47 PM
Heard McNulty signed a 2 year deal with Cobh

fella
01/12/2004, 4:03 PM
Unless the big man has an alternative no 2 goalie on the horizon this would appear to be quite premature - admittedly he may have wanted to go due to lack of first team opportunities - in which case hard to blame him.

DolansWaistcoat
01/12/2004, 4:15 PM
You can't blame him for leaving because no way Mick is gonna give up the No1 spot,especially after having his best year in a City jersey.

kevincronin2000
01/12/2004, 5:13 PM
I know mick has not missed a game for ages but he has picked up a few yellow cards this season and a suspension lies on the horizon, plus the fact that he is 30 and i know keepers go on a bit but i think now is the time to blood a keeper for the future.

Fair_play_boy
01/12/2004, 6:28 PM
Only yesterday I was going to start a thread saying that we are really secure in the goalkeeping department, with probably another 4 to 5 good seasons in Devine, and McNulty looking sharp. Saw McNulty on the bench for the first time this season (apart from cup) at the Bohs game.
C r a p if he is going. :( Still, it is to Cobh I suppose so he is staying in Cork at least. Is there anybody else at underage coming up, or will we be going to the showrooms?

Comic Book Guy
01/12/2004, 9:04 PM
If this is true I'd be delighted to have him at Ramblers, he played for us a few years ago and should never have left, we had a good keeper last year in Hennessy but our board f***** up :rolleyes: and he joined Waaaaterford, came back on loan this year but wasn't the same, still I hope this McNulty thing is true!

razor
02/12/2004, 12:14 PM
Why would he want to stay at Cork City with Dolans policy on sub keepers, he's better off getting proper 1st team football.
Best of Luck to the lad.

wiseman
02/12/2004, 12:49 PM
Well, issue closed.
According to City web site he just signed a new contract.

Troy.McClure
02/12/2004, 4:47 PM
Fair play Razor, we needed a good roumer, shame that corkcityfc.ie had to end it so early though :D

Fair_play_boy
03/12/2004, 8:58 AM
Fair play Razor, we needed a good roumer, shame that corkcityfc.ie had to end it so early though :DIt also serves to remind us how vulnerable the club is when players' contracts are not renewed sharpish. When I see this sort of rumour popping up, I am relieved that Brian Lennox signed a new deal with Pat Dolan in good time. Imagine him moving to another club now. :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2004, 9:23 AM
Well McNulty will be suspended for at least the first game of next season following his red card in the Under 21 final, regardless of who he is playing for in 2005.

Fair_play_boy
03/12/2004, 1:36 PM
Well McNulty will be suspended for at least the first game of next season following his red card in the Under 21 final, regardless of who he is playing for in 2005.Yeah I read an account of that match by Joe Hurley. Not the referree's finest hour, according to him. Sounded like the kind of game that UCD might be embarrassed to say they won.