PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1 Glenavon 3

showgies
01/12/2004, 1:52 PM
A wee bit early for pre-season friendlies but apparently we played one last night and lost......sorry that's all the details I have...........if anyone has any other details ?

dublinred
01/12/2004, 2:01 PM
Never too early , any idea how much budget we have for next season , will there be enough to launch a serious effort for promotion?

Petmuller
01/12/2004, 4:58 PM
Well we know Sean Purcell, Keith Carty and Ramuel Miller have departed the Rovers and joined Glenavon but I didn't know that there was a friendly arranged???

Petmuller
02/12/2004, 4:41 PM
what's going on

purcell, carthy and milller gone to glenavon ???? what's going on ? is this true ?????? sounds crazy.

purcell and miller should have been kept .

Whats the problem??
Didnt Sean hold on to Gorman and Carr instead.

cathy2
02/12/2004, 8:05 PM
I think it was arranged sometime last week when a few of the sligo rovers came up to glenavon for a trail.
the match started at 8 20 on tuesday night as the players from Sligo rovers were delayed by traffic. I have to say as a glenavon supporter, that the sligo rovers team were very friendly and the manager was very nice to talk too on Tuesday night. there is a match report or summary about the game on glenavons website if you want to look at it. :)
sligo rovers played very well during the game
www.glenavonfc.com

cathy

sligoman
19/12/2004, 2:19 PM
Well we know Sean Purcell, Keith Carty and Ramuel Miller have departed the Rovers and joined Glenavon but I didn't know that there was a friendly arranged???

Purcell is'nt gone. He has signed a new contract.

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/news_reports/2004/20041125_signings.htm

Rovers boss, Sean Connor has confirmed that the following players have re-signed and/or are under contract fro the 2005 season.

Alvin Rouse, Philip Gallagher, Gerry Carr, Sean Kelly, Gary Curran, Rafael Cretaro, Ciaran Foley, Barry O’Dwyer, Paul McTiernan, Stephen O’Donnell, Sean Purcell, Jason McCartney, Steve Feeney, Christopher Kelly, Kevin Lowe, and Kenneth O’Malley.