PDA

View Full Version : Drogs release five

A face
29/11/2004, 8:08 PM
Drogs release five

As expected, Drogheda United have followed up their recent acquisitions with the news that they are releasing a number of players.
Aidan Walsh, John Lester, John Flanagan, Sean McClare and Gary Cronin have been released

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=2392)

SeanDrog
30/11/2004, 8:17 AM
I expected tham all bar Lester as I fully beleived he was one of Doolins men. I think we will probably see around another five leave , Doolin is probably waiting to sign more guys before he releases people. We currently have 4 goalkeppers (someone has to go therefor a start).

Hibs4Ever
30/11/2004, 8:24 AM
Did you get rid of that waste of space Tony Bird yet? (Goal Machine) :D

SeanDrog
30/11/2004, 8:36 AM
As far as I know he is still with the club but regarding hs future no one seems to know for sure.

He hasn't exactly worked out for us so far.

YoungHoop
30/11/2004, 9:51 AM
now that john lester has been released is he a free agent?

If your watchin this space roddy.....SNAP HIM UP!!!!!

Roo69
30/11/2004, 10:07 AM
now that john lester has been released is he a free agent?

If your watchin this space roddy.....SNAP HIM UP!!!!!

Yeah Lester is a free agent, heard he was asking about Bray.....watch this space.

makka_dcfc
17/12/2004, 8:22 PM
What impact would young Molloy signing for ourselves have on your club?
would he be missed or do you have a decent replacement for him?

Cosmo
17/12/2004, 8:29 PM
Was brilliant in his first season (actaually tipped him to be one of the best in the country last season as a result). however didnt do it last season so therefor wouldnt be missed that much ) - though after his first season the potential is obviously there to be one of the best in the country.