PDA

View Full Version : If Your Club...........

Pages : [1] 2

De Town
29/11/2004, 2:46 PM
......had the Money to sign 1 player in the whole of the eircom League, who would it be?

For me, It would have to be Daryl Murphy from Waterford.

Your Opinions???

max power
29/11/2004, 2:49 PM
silly boy......stewie :D

De Town
29/11/2004, 2:50 PM
silly boy......stewie :D

Yeah, I was thinking of him too ;)

Hibs4Ever
29/11/2004, 2:51 PM
Wouldn't mind having Zayed off Bray

tiktok
29/11/2004, 2:56 PM
Would have been Bobby Ryan (we need a RM in my opinion) :o
Now, Gray from Drogs/Ferguson from Longford (we need CB cover too)

joey B
29/11/2004, 2:56 PM
O,brien from drogeda or john o'flynn from cork class act. :D

De Town
29/11/2004, 2:58 PM
Ferguson from Longford

Hands off ;)

Cosmo
29/11/2004, 3:05 PM
Trevor Molloy

De Town
29/11/2004, 3:10 PM
Trevor Molloy

:eek: Personally, I wouldnt have him anywhere near LTFC. I hate him. He is a very dirty player.

missfootie
29/11/2004, 3:12 PM
Stewie Byrne from Shels !

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 3:12 PM
Trevor Molloy

Now you're talking. Most talented player in the league has signed a two year contract with us thank christ as has the most loyal player in the league, the legend Derek Tracey.

KOH

wws
29/11/2004, 3:16 PM
14 in two seasons - and described in todays paper as a "striker"

aidan o keeffe got 10 this year - and hes not even a striker,

junkie boy - no thanks

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 3:19 PM
[junkie boy - no thanks[/QUOTE]

This from a pats fan?!! :D :D

KOH

Schumi
29/11/2004, 3:25 PM
Ollie Cahill. Left wing is a bit of a weakness for us. Either him or Wes Hoolahan.

wws
29/11/2004, 3:30 PM
[junkie boy - no thanks

KOH[/QUOTE]

ive changed this just now!

Schumi
29/11/2004, 3:32 PM
yes? your point being? Molloy takes drugs. Hence the junkie boy monicker.
This (http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=76) must his own special forum. :D

Enda M
29/11/2004, 3:33 PM
i think most town fans wud av stuie byrne top of the list

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 3:41 PM

KOH

yes? your point being? Molloy takes drugs. Hence the junkie boy monicker.[/QUOTE]

What you think point is?! He did play for pats!

Pretty heavy accusation there. Any proof? Or was it a friend who's sister's da heard off the chipper kind of LOI rumour?

KOH

YoungHoop
29/11/2004, 3:43 PM
Lads Molloy is a class act, its always going to be hard to score goals in a team that was not creating the best of chances...

In regards to the player would like most to sign you mentioned him .... would deffo be adain O'Keefe, has been treating to break into the pats side for 3 years and now he has done it is one of the risings stars of the EL, would be great at rovers. Would love to see john leister going to rovers as well but the grapevine has him on his was to pats or bray!!!

1st choice O'Keefe ( what a player)
2nd choice Leister ( talent in abundance and I reckon Collins could sort him out)

wws
29/11/2004, 3:44 PM
ive changed that
and refuse to comment further

the following three ppl are NOT junkies,

Barry Ryan
Trevor Molloy
Wes Houlihan

Dodge
29/11/2004, 3:46 PM
Stewie Byrne.

YoungHoop
29/11/2004, 3:47 PM
wws, I think the original rumer came from his 1st spell at this wonderful club where he was supposed to have been found in the jacks taking speed!!! but as you know this is pure and utter crap. The lad is a great player and a great ambassador for the LOI with the hart and tenacity by which he plays and conducts himself on the pitch.

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 3:49 PM
ive changed that
and refuse to comment further

the following three ppl are NOT junkies,

Barry Ryan
Trevor Molloy
Wes Houlihan

Well you are right about the first one there! Amazing that he signed for pats then :D

KOH

wws
29/11/2004, 3:53 PM
sure half of seria a is out of there minds on stuff!

The Miracle of Juventus.....

dortie
29/11/2004, 4:02 PM
Jason Bryne

Maz
29/11/2004, 4:04 PM
Stuie Byrne!!

fitzknows
29/11/2004, 4:06 PM
Cant believe nobody has mentioned Kevin Hunt.

Slash/ED
29/11/2004, 5:12 PM
Simon Webb. Crawley is rubbish, Webbs the best left back in the league.

Terry Phelan
29/11/2004, 5:19 PM
yep,stuie byrne without a shadow of a doubt!!

RedX
29/11/2004, 5:24 PM
Kevin Hunt would be my 1st choice..Robbie Doyle would be my 2nd..If Dolan could get the best out of Robbie he would be a great signing...

Stevo Da Gull
29/11/2004, 5:25 PM
1. K Hunt - just quality
2. Wes H/Alan Moore - good players and we need someone on the left
3. Jay Byrne - Would Welcome him back anyday.

Pablo
29/11/2004, 7:13 PM
1. K Hunt - just quality
2. Wes H/Alan Moore - good players and we need someone on the left
3. Jay Byrne - Would Welcome him back anyday.

Georgie! but we have him already1

Risteard
30/11/2004, 12:10 AM
Barry Ferguson

higgins
30/11/2004, 3:43 AM
Molloy is a waste of space...

spends more time in the refs ear then any other player in the country.. I hate to see the f**ker running 40 yards just to annoy the ref over a nothing foul... His sporting behaviour is up his arse too! Calling for cards at the slightest touch and sometimes he is twice as far away as the ref was...

gets my vote for one of the most annoying players

also he is as we used to say as kids ,, a DIY,,
When we did lose to the crowd from malta Jim Gannon had a header that looped over the keeper and at the time it took ages to go in over everyones head ... Molly was just off the line at the time and it was a 100% goal, no doubt about it!!! What did the hungry F**ker do ?? Headed it in to get himself a champions league goal...... Well fair play Molloy but you were offside you silly t.wat!! :mad: You also missed another 47 chances in that game too...

Can never forgive him for that

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 9:26 AM
[When we did lose to the crowd from malta Jim Gannon had a header that looped over the keeper and at the time it took ages to go in over everyones head ... Molly was just off the line at the time and it was a 100% goal, no doubt about it!!! What did the hungry F**ker do ?? Headed it in to get himself a champions league goal...... Well fair play Molloy but you were offside you silly t.wat!! :mad: You also missed another 47 chances in that game too...

Can never forgive him for that[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's all billy's fault that you disgraced the league by losing to a maltese side :o

It wasnt your managers tactics or anything was it now?

KOH

Cosmo
30/11/2004, 9:38 AM
Btw, that coming from a shels supporter who have the most annoying and whinging d_-k in the EL playing up front for them.

I've watched Molloy alot this season and his attitude on the pitch is top notch. He would've been a great signing for us :mad:

Roo69
30/11/2004, 9:59 AM
Wouldn't mind having Zayed off Bray

Really ? One player and Zayed would be top of your list, strange one that.

For me if we had the money it would be to take Jayo back home

WindmillWarrior
30/11/2004, 10:10 AM
spends more time in the refs ear then any other player in the country.. I hate to see the f**ker running 40 yards just to annoy the ref over a nothing foul... His sporting behaviour is up his arse too! Calling for cards at the slightest touch and sometimes he is twice as far away as the ref was...

The perfect description of Jason Byrne.

Roo69
30/11/2004, 10:19 AM

Ipersonally i would describe him as the eL's leading scorer for the past 2 seasons. Could'nt see you moaning if he was bagging 20+ goals a season for your team.

WindmillWarrior
30/11/2004, 10:54 AM
Who rattled your cage? :rolleyes:

Macy
30/11/2004, 11:12 AM
Stuey or Molloy. I'd probably go for Molloy at the moment, as we desperately need someone up front who can create goals and chances for himself. And Deano will be the new Stuey anyway... :)

Longfordian
30/11/2004, 11:21 AM
14 goals in two seasons doesn't suggest he'd be the answer either, but he is a very good player. Daryl Murphy would be my choice or the "old" John O'Flynn

Cosmo
30/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Stuey or Molloy. I'd probably go for Molloy at the moment, as we desperately need someone up front who can create goals and chances for himself. And Deano will be the new Stuey anyway... :)

Dont be greedy, sure isnt andy enough for ye :mad:

Macy
30/11/2004, 12:21 PM
Well I was actually thinking of an M&M partnership up front - Myler and Molloy. They'd be some combination...

KR's Post
30/11/2004, 12:24 PM
Jayo, Jayo! Jayo scores and the cup comes home..... Need i say more. We made him who he was and he'd be welcome back anyday, with open arms!!!! ;)

BrayUnknowns
30/11/2004, 2:14 PM
The list is endless in fairness where we are concerened !

Jayo + the rest of his championship winning buddies, Crowe, Molloy, Hunt, Ferguson, Dillon, O'Flynn, Doyle (x2) etc...........

Slash/ED
30/11/2004, 5:27 PM

The difference being around 20 league goals a season :)

Molloy is a waster. I can see why Hopps love him, as he is as skillfull as they come, but there's no end product. How many league goals this season, five? Even for a struggling team that's pathetic. Gary O'Neil managed more at Dublin if I'm not mistaken. I know he's more of a creater than a scorer but even at that his record is pathetic and he doesn't create nearly as many chances as he'd need to to justify that bad a record.

and yes, he was one of many reasons we went out to Hibs, one of the biggest ones too. His finishing was embarassing enough without making a total arse of himself with that disallowed goal. Not that I'm bitter, oh no ;)

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 5:31 PM
Amazing shels really. Best team in the land and yet still bitter. From the so called chairman down this disease seems to have caught on.

You should be concentrating on losing the criminal and gaining more fans..........

KOH

Slash/ED
30/11/2004, 5:39 PM
You should be concentrating on losing the criminal

Yeah, we really should be working hard to get rid of one of the only competent people involved in the running of the game in this country. If you had "the criminal" as your CEO you'd be in Tallaght right now and you wouldn't have spent last season worrying about the form of Dublin City.

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 5:42 PM
Yeah, we really should be working hard to get rid of one of the only competent people involved in the running of the game in this country. If you had "the criminal" as your CEO you'd be in Tallaght right now and you wouldn't have spent last season worrying about the form of Dublin City.

Fair play at least you have a sense of humour :D :D

KOH