View Full Version : If Your Club...........

29/11/2004, 2:46 PM
......had the Money to sign 1 player in the whole of the eircom League, who would it be?

For me, It would have to be Daryl Murphy from Waterford.

Your Opinions???

29/11/2004, 2:49 PM
silly boy......stewie :D

29/11/2004, 2:50 PM
silly boy......stewie :D

Yeah, I was thinking of him too ;)

29/11/2004, 2:51 PM
Wouldn't mind having Zayed off Bray

29/11/2004, 2:56 PM
Would have been Bobby Ryan (we need a RM in my opinion) :o
Now, Gray from Drogs/Ferguson from Longford (we need CB cover too)

29/11/2004, 2:56 PM
O,brien from drogeda or john o'flynn from cork class act. :D

29/11/2004, 2:58 PM
Ferguson from Longford

Hands off ;)

29/11/2004, 3:05 PM
Trevor Molloy

29/11/2004, 3:10 PM
Trevor Molloy

:eek: Personally, I wouldnt have him anywhere near LTFC. I hate him. He is a very dirty player.

missfootie
29/11/2004, 3:12 PM
Stewie Byrne from Shels !

29/11/2004, 3:12 PM
Trevor Molloy

Now you're talking. Most talented player in the league has signed a two year contract with us thank christ as has the most loyal player in the league, the legend Derek Tracey.

29/11/2004, 3:16 PM
14 in two seasons - and described in todays paper as a "striker"

aidan o keeffe got 10 this year - and hes not even a striker,

junkie boy - no thanks

29/11/2004, 3:19 PM
[junkie boy - no thanks[/QUOTE]

This from a pats fan?!! :D :D

29/11/2004, 3:25 PM
Ollie Cahill. Left wing is a bit of a weakness for us. Either him or Wes Hoolahan.

29/11/2004, 3:30 PM
[junkie boy - no thanks

KOH[/QUOTE]

ive changed this just now!

29/11/2004, 3:32 PM
yes? your point being? Molloy takes drugs. Hence the junkie boy monicker.
This (http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=76) must his own special forum. :D

Enda M
29/11/2004, 3:33 PM
i think most town fans wud av stuie byrne top of the list

29/11/2004, 3:41 PM

yes? your point being? Molloy takes drugs. Hence the junkie boy monicker.[/QUOTE]

What you think point is?! He did play for pats!

Pretty heavy accusation there. Any proof? Or was it a friend who's sister's da heard off the chipper kind of LOI rumour?

YoungHoop
29/11/2004, 3:43 PM
Lads Molloy is a class act, its always going to be hard to score goals in a team that was not creating the best of chances...

In regards to the player would like most to sign you mentioned him .... would deffo be adain O'Keefe, has been treating to break into the pats side for 3 years and now he has done it is one of the risings stars of the EL, would be great at rovers. Would love to see john leister going to rovers as well but the grapevine has him on his was to pats or bray!!!

1st choice O'Keefe ( what a player)
2nd choice Leister ( talent in abundance and I reckon Collins could sort him out)

29/11/2004, 3:44 PM
ive changed that
and refuse to comment further

the following three ppl are NOT junkies,

Barry Ryan
Trevor Molloy
Wes Houlihan

29/11/2004, 3:46 PM
Stewie Byrne.

YoungHoop
29/11/2004, 3:47 PM
wws, I think the original rumer came from his 1st spell at this wonderful club where he was supposed to have been found in the jacks taking speed!!! but as you know this is pure and utter crap. The lad is a great player and a great ambassador for the LOI with the hart and tenacity by which he plays and conducts himself on the pitch.

29/11/2004, 3:49 PM
ive changed that
and refuse to comment further

the following three ppl are NOT junkies,

Barry Ryan
Trevor Molloy
Wes Houlihan

Well you are right about the first one there! Amazing that he signed for pats then :D

29/11/2004, 3:53 PM
sure half of seria a is out of there minds on stuff!

The Miracle of Juventus.....

dortie
29/11/2004, 4:02 PM
Jason Bryne

29/11/2004, 4:04 PM
Stuie Byrne!!

fitzknows
29/11/2004, 4:06 PM
Cant believe nobody has mentioned Kevin Hunt.

29/11/2004, 5:12 PM
Simon Webb. Crawley is rubbish, Webbs the best left back in the league.

Terry Phelan
29/11/2004, 5:19 PM
yep,stuie byrne without a shadow of a doubt!!

29/11/2004, 5:24 PM
Kevin Hunt would be my 1st choice..Robbie Doyle would be my 2nd..If Dolan could get the best out of Robbie he would be a great signing...

29/11/2004, 5:25 PM
1. K Hunt - just quality
2. Wes H/Alan Moore - good players and we need someone on the left
3. Jay Byrne - Would Welcome him back anyday.

29/11/2004, 7:13 PM
1. K Hunt - just quality
2. Wes H/Alan Moore - good players and we need someone on the left
3. Jay Byrne - Would Welcome him back anyday.

Georgie! but we have him already1

30/11/2004, 12:10 AM
Barry Ferguson

30/11/2004, 3:43 AM
Molloy is a waste of space...

spends more time in the refs ear then any other player in the country.. I hate to see the f**ker running 40 yards just to annoy the ref over a nothing foul... His sporting behaviour is up his arse too! Calling for cards at the slightest touch and sometimes he is twice as far away as the ref was...

gets my vote for one of the most annoying players

also he is as we used to say as kids ,, a DIY,,
When we did lose to the crowd from malta Jim Gannon had a header that looped over the keeper and at the time it took ages to go in over everyones head ... Molly was just off the line at the time and it was a 100% goal, no doubt about it!!! What did the hungry F**ker do ?? Headed it in to get himself a champions league goal...... Well fair play Molloy but you were offside you silly t.wat!! :mad: You also missed another 47 chances in that game too...

Can never forgive him for that

30/11/2004, 9:26 AM
[When we did lose to the crowd from malta Jim Gannon had a header that looped over the keeper and at the time it took ages to go in over everyones head ... Molly was just off the line at the time and it was a 100% goal, no doubt about it!!! What did the hungry F**ker do ?? Headed it in to get himself a champions league goal...... Well fair play Molloy but you were offside you silly t.wat!! :mad: You also missed another 47 chances in that game too...

Can never forgive him for that[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's all billy's fault that you disgraced the league by losing to a maltese side :o

It wasnt your managers tactics or anything was it now?

30/11/2004, 9:38 AM
Btw, that coming from a shels supporter who have the most annoying and whinging d_-k in the EL playing up front for them.

I've watched Molloy alot this season and his attitude on the pitch is top notch. He would've been a great signing for us :mad:

30/11/2004, 9:59 AM
Wouldn't mind having Zayed off Bray

Really ? One player and Zayed would be top of your list, strange one that.

For me if we had the money it would be to take Jayo back home

WindmillWarrior
30/11/2004, 10:10 AM
spends more time in the refs ear then any other player in the country.. I hate to see the f**ker running 40 yards just to annoy the ref over a nothing foul... His sporting behaviour is up his arse too! Calling for cards at the slightest touch and sometimes he is twice as far away as the ref was...

The perfect description of Jason Byrne.

30/11/2004, 10:19 AM

Ipersonally i would describe him as the eL's leading scorer for the past 2 seasons. Could'nt see you moaning if he was bagging 20+ goals a season for your team.

WindmillWarrior
30/11/2004, 10:54 AM
Who rattled your cage? :rolleyes:

30/11/2004, 11:12 AM
Stuey or Molloy. I'd probably go for Molloy at the moment, as we desperately need someone up front who can create goals and chances for himself. And Deano will be the new Stuey anyway... :)

30/11/2004, 11:21 AM
14 goals in two seasons doesn't suggest he'd be the answer either, but he is a very good player. Daryl Murphy would be my choice or the "old" John O'Flynn

30/11/2004, 12:18 PM
Stuey or Molloy. I'd probably go for Molloy at the moment, as we desperately need someone up front who can create goals and chances for himself. And Deano will be the new Stuey anyway... :)

Dont be greedy, sure isnt andy enough for ye :mad:

30/11/2004, 12:21 PM
Well I was actually thinking of an M&M partnership up front - Myler and Molloy. They'd be some combination...

30/11/2004, 12:24 PM
Jayo, Jayo! Jayo scores and the cup comes home..... Need i say more. We made him who he was and he'd be welcome back anyday, with open arms!!!! ;)

30/11/2004, 2:14 PM
The list is endless in fairness where we are concerened !

Jayo + the rest of his championship winning buddies, Crowe, Molloy, Hunt, Ferguson, Dillon, O'Flynn, Doyle (x2) etc...........

30/11/2004, 5:27 PM

The difference being around 20 league goals a season :)

Molloy is a waster. I can see why Hopps love him, as he is as skillfull as they come, but there's no end product. How many league goals this season, five? Even for a struggling team that's pathetic. Gary O'Neil managed more at Dublin if I'm not mistaken. I know he's more of a creater than a scorer but even at that his record is pathetic and he doesn't create nearly as many chances as he'd need to to justify that bad a record.

and yes, he was one of many reasons we went out to Hibs, one of the biggest ones too. His finishing was embarassing enough without making a total arse of himself with that disallowed goal. Not that I'm bitter, oh no ;)

30/11/2004, 5:31 PM
Amazing shels really. Best team in the land and yet still bitter. From the so called chairman down this disease seems to have caught on.

You should be concentrating on losing the criminal and gaining more fans..........

30/11/2004, 5:39 PM
You should be concentrating on losing the criminal

Yeah, we really should be working hard to get rid of one of the only competent people involved in the running of the game in this country. If you had "the criminal" as your CEO you'd be in Tallaght right now and you wouldn't have spent last season worrying about the form of Dublin City.

30/11/2004, 5:42 PM
Yeah, we really should be working hard to get rid of one of the only competent people involved in the running of the game in this country. If you had "the criminal" as your CEO you'd be in Tallaght right now and you wouldn't have spent last season worrying about the form of Dublin City.

Fair play at least you have a sense of humour :D :D