PDA

View Full Version : Rovers move to quell Collins exit rumours

Ringo
29/11/2004, 2:16 PM
Rovers move to quell Collins exit rumours

November 28, 2004

Shamrock Rovers chairman Tony Maguire has poured cold water on speculation that manager Roddy Collins will be on his way out of the club.Scottish Premier League side Livingston, who are owned by Irish millionaire Pearse Flynn, are currently managerless after sacking the team of Allan Preston and ex-Irish international Alan Kernaghan last week.

They have been linked with a move for Collins, while Coca-Cola Championship strugglers Gillingham are also in the hunt for a new boss after parting company with Andy Hessenthaler in midweek.

Dublin12
29/11/2004, 2:26 PM
lol you couldn't make it up could ya lol

jimhacker
29/11/2004, 2:32 PM
Well, he's been with Rovers for quite a spell - he could probably do with a change!

joey B
29/11/2004, 2:38 PM
a months long anuf at any club!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

tiktok
29/11/2004, 2:46 PM
That'd be hilarious :D :D

NY Hoop
29/11/2004, 2:58 PM
Would'nt surprise us to be honest. But at least we wont be whinging and moaning if he does. We would have another few months to get another manager in :D

KOH

thejollyrodger
29/11/2004, 3:01 PM
hahahaha - CLASSIC !! :D :D

and I'd say its probably not far from the truth (roddy wanting to go )

thecorner
29/11/2004, 4:02 PM
wrong person lads...read it was both clubs are chasing pat fenlon

ShelsTim
29/11/2004, 8:20 PM
Haha, ya dirty Rovers *******s, taste of your own medicine. Hope he ****s ya.

A face
29/11/2004, 8:45 PM
If he goes .... he'll never get a chance in eL again !!

Ringo
30/11/2004, 6:44 AM
If he goes .... he'll never get a chance in eL again !!

is that a promise :D

thecorner
30/11/2004, 6:53 AM
Haha, ya dirty Rovers *******s, taste of your own medicine. Hope he ****s ya.

hahahaha

its fenlon they are interested in :p

jimhacker
30/11/2004, 9:39 AM
Anyone like to start the Collins for Shels thread?

dcfcsteve
30/11/2004, 9:56 AM
is that a promise :D

No - cuz there'll always be some desperate club that'll bring him back, eh Ringo....? :D

Ringo
30/11/2004, 10:59 AM
No - cuz there'll always be some desperate club that'll bring him back, eh Ringo....? :D

he's running out of options. he's like a traveling salesman in the wild west, selling amazing potions. :D

patsh
30/11/2004, 11:23 AM
he's running out of options. he's like a traveling salesman in the wild west, selling amazing potions. :DWell get your chairman to buy some. He needs all the medication he can lay his hands on.....:D

drinkfeckarse
30/11/2004, 11:23 AM
Don't believe for a second that any British club would be interested in him....what has he actually achieved recently??

I'm sure the likes of Livingston and Gillingham would like someone with a bit of respectability at least :eek:

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 11:26 AM
Don't believe for a second that any British club would be interested in him....what has he actually achieved recently??

I'm sure the likes of Livingston and Gillingham would like someone with a bit of respectability at least :eek:

Respectability in english football?! Could you be any more naive?

KOH

Hibs4Ever
30/11/2004, 11:26 AM
Exactly, he made a mess of Carlisle, they got relegated because of him. The damage was done before he was sacked.

Rovers Fellow!
30/11/2004, 11:35 AM
Carlisle were in a mess when he took over. They had been fighting relegation for a number of years, he left in them in roughly the same position that he took over. In his first season at Carlisle he got them into top half of table and did very well. Second season they only avoided releagtion but he still managed a trip to Cardiff for a cup final. Bad start to following season alrite, the point is he didnt do as bad as people make out, Carlisle were had been strugglers well before Roddy took over. Roddy is a character, something thats needed in the game, whether you like him or not. The job he did at Bohs was incredible. If I was Dub city fan I'd be angry alrite, but thats football. Personally, Im happy with appointment of Rod.

WeAreRovers
30/11/2004, 12:11 PM
Rovers move to quell Collins exit rumours

November 28, 2004

Shamrock Rovers chairman Tony Maguire has poured cold water on speculation that manager Roddy Collins will be on his way out of the club.Scottish Premier League side Livingston, who are owned by Irish millionaire Pearse Flynn, are currently managerless after sacking the team of Allan Preston and ex-Irish international Alan Kernaghan last week.

They have been linked with a move for Collins, while Coca-Cola Championship strugglers Gillingham are also in the hunt for a new boss after parting company with Andy Hessenthaler in midweek.

The important thing about this story is that Ringo made it up, underlining the fact that bitterness and jealousy can eat you up if you don't move on with your life.

Ringo = Rocky Seery anyone?

KOH

Ringo
30/11/2004, 12:25 PM
The important thing about this story is that Ringo made it up, underlining the fact that bitterness and jealousy can eat you up if you don't move on with your life.

KOH

whos bitter? can't we have a laugh around here. :o
ringo

Birthday:
February 4, 1969

i think you'll find rocky's a lot older than me. :p

Breifne
30/11/2004, 4:44 PM

Can Vouch for Ringo here, definitely not Ronan Seery

NY Hoop
30/11/2004, 4:48 PM
Can Vouch for Ringo here, definitely not Ronan Seery

WHAT? Thought you, ringo, sheridan and muppet seery were the one and the same!! :D

KOH

Ringo
01/12/2004, 8:21 AM
WHAT? Thought you, ringo, sheridan and muppet seery were the one and the same!! :D

KOH

different shapes & sizes :D

joeSoap
01/12/2004, 8:24 AM

KOH
Kinda like you and WeAreRovers ???? :D :D

Hibs4Ever
01/12/2004, 9:31 AM
NO MONEY! The man was taking a team bottom of lowest division to away matches by private jet that the club hired, they also stayed in top hotels EVERY weekend

drinkfeckarse
01/12/2004, 12:25 PM
Respectability in english football?! Could you be any more naive?

KOH

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is Collins respected like????????? Simple answer........no. That's what I meant.

There we go, nice and easy for you :rolleyes:

Passive
01/12/2004, 2:16 PM
whos bitter? can't we have a laugh around here. :o
ringo

Birthday:
February 4, 1969

i think you'll find rocky's a lot older than me. :p

I can't believe someone your age is following Dublin City? Did it never occur to you to go to an EL game before you were 30! :eek:

In any case, Richard Gough has been appointed at Livi, so Roddy stays with us. For better or for worse, till lawyers do us part.

TonyD
01/12/2004, 8:59 PM
wrong person lads...read it was both clubs are chasing pat fenlon

Heard Fenlon was being talked about in very positive terms on the Gillingham website alright. Not that that neccesarily means anything of course.

Jim Smith
01/12/2004, 10:45 PM
In any case, Richard Gough has been appointed at Livi, so Roddy stays with us. For better or for worse, till lawyers do us part.
and his first managerial statment was that he wanted a job managing in the Premireship. Has anyone seen Richard Gough and Shoddy in the same place at the same time?

Ringo
02/12/2004, 7:07 AM
I can't believe someone your age is following Dublin City? Did it never occur to you to go to an EL game before you were 30! :eek:

it gets worse, all my family are bohs fans! :eek: