PDA

View Full Version : 2015 FAI Senior Cup

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

cobhlad
25/04/2015, 4:01 PM
2015 Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup

cobhlad
25/04/2015, 4:02 PM
Cobh Wanderers, Crumlin and Avondale progress to second round with wins over Clonmel, Corinthians and St Mary's respectively. 5 more first round fixtures this weekend

nigel-harps1954
25/04/2015, 4:45 PM
An awful shame to see Conor Meade and Davin O'Neill only playing down with Cobh Wanderers, no disrespect intended. Ramblers could well be doing with players of their calibre this season.

cobhlad
25/04/2015, 5:10 PM
Agreed. Winning things at a lower level and not travelling the length of the country is more attractive though

Iorfa2MaccaJim
26/04/2015, 11:23 AM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering, does anyone know when the draw for the 2nd round of the F.A.I. Cup will be made ?

The Donie Forde
26/04/2015, 11:32 AM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering, does anyone know when the draw for the 2nd round of the F.A.I. Cup will be made ?

Talking to Tom the Gom last Friday evening and he mentioned it's next Wednesday...

nigel-harps1954
26/04/2015, 2:13 PM
Talking to Tom the Gom last Friday evening and he mentioned it's next Wednesday...

Tom must be back down about Cork these days? Seems to be spotted at most of the City games there now, and I haven't seen him about Ballybofey this season yet.

ForzaForth
26/04/2015, 3:06 PM
North End of Wexford two nil up on UCC after 43 minutes according to NE's Twitter account.

littlebray
26/04/2015, 3:57 PM
FT: UCC 0-4 North End (same source).
Earlier, Glenville 0-1 Firhouse & St Mochtas 5-2 Arklow
Any word on Killester v Dunboyne?

the 12 th man
26/04/2015, 4:02 PM
Killester 3 Dunboyne 0. FT

The Donie Forde
26/04/2015, 4:48 PM
Tom must be back down about Cork these days? Seems to be spotted at most of the City games there now, and I haven't seen him about Ballybofey this season yet.

Actually said he was living in Ballybofey
He's looking a bit worse for wear. Some number of games he has clocked up over the years!

Dodge
26/04/2015, 5:22 PM
These are the 12 non LOI sides through to the second round

Avondale United
Cobh Wanderers

Crumlin United
Firhouse Clover
St Mochtas
Killester United
Tolka Rovers
Liffey Wanderers
Sheriff

Cockhill Celtic

North End United

Edenderry Town

bennocelt
27/04/2015, 3:38 PM
Decided to get a game in the morning before I headed back "home", watched Glenville V Firhouse. Not a great game, very scrappy, but was a little shocked that so few cared about this as a cup game. I have seen these kind of games both in Switzerland and the pre pre first round FA cup games in England, and despite the teams/rounds there is a buzz. Such a shame a club cant generate any interest in a game like this. Not criticizing by the way, its just a pity. (the crowd did get a bit bigger into the second half)

seand
28/04/2015, 2:37 PM
These are the 12 non LOI sides through to the second round

Avondale United
Cobh Wanderers

Crumlin United
Firhouse Clover
St Mochtas
Killester United
Tolka Rovers
Liffey Wanderers
Sheriff

Cockhill Celtic

North End United

Edenderry Town

The big question for the ground hoppers among us is how many of these clubs would host a game if drawn at home to a league club. Presumably many would be tempted to just switch and play away, as has often happened in recent years. The other default option seems to be hosting at the nearest LoI ground. Would be interesting to see what Edenderry and Cockhill would do with a "big" home draw.

nigel-harps1954
28/04/2015, 2:45 PM
The big question for the ground hoppers among us is how many of these clubs would host a game if drawn at home to a league club. Presumably many would be tempted to just switch and play away, as has often happened in recent years. The other default option seems to be hosting at the nearest LoI ground. Would be interesting to see what Edenderry and Cockhill would do with a "big" home draw.

I'd imagine most of them would play as much at 'home' as they could if not actually at their own home ground. Cockhill have stated that they would play in Maginn Park in Buncrana, a 5 minute walk from their own pitch. It's suitably set up to host around 1,000 people.

Avondale already played a cup quarter final at home to Harps last season.

I've no idea what sort of facilities are at Cobh Wanderers, but you'd have to assume they'd look to play in St Colmans.

North End may look to play Ferrycarraig as they done last weekend in Junior Cup semi final.

The logical sense for most of the Dublin sides is to switch any potential game if they draw another Dublin side.

seand
28/04/2015, 3:37 PM
I'd imagine most of them would play as much at 'home' as they could if not actually at their own home ground. Cockhill have stated that they would play in Maginn Park in Buncrana, a 5 minute walk from their own pitch. It's suitably set up to host around 1,000 people.

Avondale already played a cup quarter final at home to Harps last season.

I've no idea what sort of facilities are at Cobh Wanderers, but you'd have to assume they'd look to play in St Colmans.

North End may look to play Ferrycarraig as they done last weekend in Junior Cup semi final.

The logical sense for most of the Dublin sides is to switch any potential game if they draw another Dublin side.

Did Cockhill play their EA Cup games in Buncrana?

Mr A
28/04/2015, 4:00 PM
They could probably play in their own ground but Maginn is better and only a mile away. In league cup this year they only played away to Galway. I think they have used their own ground in it previously.

Dodge
28/04/2015, 4:59 PM
My guesses (and it would depend on the opposition)

Avondale United - Turners Cross
Cobh Wanderers - St Colmans

(These would nearly all give up home advantage if drawn with Pats, Bohs, Rovers, Shels)
Crumlin United - Richmond
Firhouse Clover - Tallaght
St Mochtas - Dalymount, Frank Cooke Park
Killester United - Probably their own
Tolka Rovers - their own (Frank Cooke Park)
Liffey Wanderers - Belfield? Would Irishtown be OK?
Sheriff - Tolka?

Cockhill Celtic - Maginn Park

North End United - Ferrycarrig

Edenderry Town - no idea but presume their own place

seand
29/04/2015, 9:42 AM
Sheriff have certainly hosted a few games at Tolka (v Shels, Sligo), their own ground wouldn't be up to it (I believe). Edenderry- it's hard to tell from Google Maps but looks like there's a bit of rooom. Considering the crowd's gonna be about 500 tops it seems likely they'd host it rather than move miles and miles.

Bring on the draw... I want a new ground :-)

razor
29/04/2015, 10:24 AM

Avondale won't move to the Cross, extra cost and as was said they have already hosted an FAI Cup Quarter Final at Avondale Park.

JC_GUFC
29/04/2015, 11:04 AM

(These would nearly all give up home advantage if drawn with Pats, Bohs, Rovers, Shels)
Crumlin United - Richmond
Firhouse Clover - Tallaght
St Mochtas - Dalymount, Frank Cooke Park
Killester United - Probably their own
Tolka Rovers - their own (Frank Cooke Park)
Liffey Wanderers - Belfield? Would Irishtown be OK?
Sheriff - Tolka?

Cockhill Celtic - Maginn Park

North End United - Ferrycarrig

Edenderry Town - no idea but presume their own place

From having seen St Mochta's from the train I think they could play at home. Pretty sure Irishtown wouldn't be up to scratch for Liffeys (I think there was something about them not being able to play a Junior Cup match there) - I would say Tolka Park would be a more likely venue than Belfield.

Sheriff play on an Astro pitch - they play Dundalk there in the LSC a few years ago but there's no way that would qualify for FAI Cup - even if they were drawn against Non-League opposition.

the 12 th man
29/04/2015, 7:28 PM
. Pretty sure Irishtown wouldn't be up to scratch for Liffeys (I think there was something about them not being able to play a Junior Cup match there) - I would say Tolka Park would be a more likely venue than Belfield.

There was a possible hiccup for the Irishtown pitch before the Quarter Final of the FAI Junior Cup for Liffey Wanderers against Donnycarney but was deemed alright and the game was played there,the problem they have is the pitch is in a public park with no real viewing facilities because of a high fence all around the pitch and no way of getting a gate $$ out of it.

shep
30/04/2015, 10:48 AM
Any word on the draw for this??

Mr A
30/04/2015, 10:56 AM
6th May, 5PM

Iorfa2MaccaJim
05/05/2015, 7:43 PM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering if the F.A.I. Cup 2nd Round Draw is on tomorrow, and if so will it be broadcast on radio or television ?

nigel-harps1954
05/05/2015, 8:02 PM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering if the F.A.I. Cup 2nd Round Draw is on tomorrow, and if so will it be broadcast on radio or television ?

5pm tomorrow. FAI usually stream it online, but wouldn't hold my breath.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
05/05/2015, 9:48 PM
5pm tomorrow. FAI usually stream it online, but wouldn't hold my breath.

Thanks Nigel.

I'm looking forward to the draw tomorrow.

Charlie Darwin
05/05/2015, 10:16 PM
The FAI's attempts to stream the draw are always hilarious. Setting up a ustream channel that had a limit of 200 people and was oversubscribed within seconds was a particular highlight last year.

nigel-harps1954
06/05/2015, 6:58 AM
None worse than their attempts at the semi-final draw last year, where they forgot to actually turn on the stream and had the rehearsal draw initially released as the real draw.

ATFC-1887
06/05/2015, 4:05 PM
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/
RTE have said itll be live here

nigel-harps1954
06/05/2015, 4:09 PM
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/7/
RTE have said itll be live here

EDIT: Yay.

nigel-harps1954
06/05/2015, 4:24 PM
Tolka Rovers v Waterford United
Dundalk v Shelbourne
Athlone v Liffey Wanderers
Cobh Wanderers v Avondale United
Edenderry Town v Derry City
Longford Town v Finn Harps
Cockhill Celtic v St Mochtas
Wexford Youths v Cork City
Galway United v North End United
Killester United v Cobh Ramblers
UCD V Sheriff YC
ST Pats Athletic v Shamrock Rovers
Bohemians v Firhouse Clover
Sligo Rovers v Crumlin United
Bray Wanderers v Limerick
Drogheda United v Cabinteely

seand
06/05/2015, 4:34 PM
Good stuff, that's Rovers or Pats gone anyway! Nice draw for Edenderry at home to Derry. I'd say Cobh W and Avondale were ecstatic to draw each other.

NeverFeltBetter
06/05/2015, 4:34 PM
Bray Wanderers v Limerick

This tie could end 5-0 to either team and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Mr A
06/05/2015, 4:35 PM
Crap draw for us.

Longfordian
06/05/2015, 4:41 PM
It'll be a footballing extravangaza Mr A.

Dunny
06/05/2015, 4:48 PM
Good stuff, that's Rovers or Pats gone anyway! Nice draw for Edenderry at home to Derry. I'd say Cobh W and Avondale were ecstatic to draw each other.

LondonEdenderry ;)

outspoken
06/05/2015, 4:55 PM
Crap draw for us

rooster
06/05/2015, 5:02 PM
hard draw for cork city away to wexford , replay could be the outcome here !! cobh wanders v avondale could swing the home sides way !! ramblers should also prevail !!!

White Horse
06/05/2015, 5:06 PM
hard draw for cork city away to wexford , replay could be the outcome here !!

Cork are away so Caulfield will be out for a draw.

nigel-harps1954
06/05/2015, 5:24 PM
Crap draw for us

Would have thought Longford fans would be happy enough with the draw to be honest.

Longfordian
06/05/2015, 5:44 PM
Yeah I'm not too unhappy with it. Hopefully ye bring a few down with ye. Will be a tight game though I'd say.

patrickccfc
06/05/2015, 5:53 PM
Cork are away so Caulfield will be out for a draw.
yup he'll throw on 6 defenders and play hoof ball.. was hoping for ramblers away as it's been years since we played them competitively. Bit of a banana skin for us here anyway

outspoken
06/05/2015, 6:09 PM
Would have thought Longford fans would be happy enough with the draw to be honest.

Won't draw a massive crowd out, harps are hard to break down plus the horrible thought of a replay in Ballybofey midweek.

Darklordsbane
06/05/2015, 6:10 PM
I don't often agree with Outspoken but I have to about the draw, Finn Harp always very hard to beat last thing we need is a draw and replay up in Ballybofey

sulywaterfordfc
06/05/2015, 7:33 PM
My thoughts on the draw:Tolka Rovers v Waterford United - I expected Tolka to be well up for the game and they'll fancy there chances. We're conceding for fun playing poorly also as it's an away game I wouldn't be surprised to see Tolka Rovers progress to the next round. Dundalk v Shelbourne - If Dundalk play there first 11 they could win by a cricket score but i expect they'll play a mix of regular starters and squad. I see an comfortable Dundalk.Athlone v Liffey Wanderers - Can't comment of Liffey but with Athlone been at home you have to think they'd have too much for the non league side.Cobh Wanderers v Avondale United - Avondale done alright against us in there 2-0 in the Munster Senior Cup, and with Cobh Wanderers having some ex LOI players i'd say it'll be a close game which can go either way.Edenderry Town v Derry City - Never heard of Edenderry before no idea what they're like but I assume Derry City should have too much for them.Longford Town v Finn Harps - With Finn Harps not conceding many although not playing particularly good ball I think this could go either way and expect a close low scoring game.Cockhill Celtic v St Mochtas - Wexford Youths v Cork City - Having seen both teams I expect Cork to win comfortable by 2 goals.Galway United v North End United - Again it is another game where I expect the LOI team to win. Although it could prove to be a tricky game for Galway.Killester United v Cobh Ramblers - No idea what the home team are like but with Ramblers form under in the new management I expect them to progress.UCD V Sheriff YC - Again no idea what Sheriff are like again one of those that could go either way. But I think UCD will progress.ST Pats Athletic v Shamrock Rovers - Biggest game of the draw. A toss of a coin is probably the only win to decide the winner. A tie many Premier which many premier teams are happy to see.Bohemians v Firhouse Clover - Again a game I only know about one of the teams but its a game where I expect Bohs to win. Sligo Rovers v Crumlin United - With Sligo's form there could be a potential shock on the cards.Bray Wanderers v Limerick - A game that could end 0-0 or 5-5 with both sides been so poor thus far this year. A game that could go either. Can't imagine either side has much interest in the draw.Drogheda United v Cabinteely - Cabinbteely were poor the once I seen them so I'd expect Drogs to progress.

Charlie Darwin
06/05/2015, 7:54 PM
Our model club-branded draw-fixing machine must be on the fritz again. Damned Soviet manufacturing.

placid casual
06/05/2015, 8:29 PM
Great chance for Rovers to kill pats season in the month of May.

gufcfan
06/05/2015, 9:15 PM
Won't draw a massive crowd out, harps are hard to break down plus the horrible thought of a replay in Ballybofey midweek.
As if travelling to Longford from Dublin midweek wasn't bad enough.

De Town
06/05/2015, 9:51 PM
As if travelling to Longford from Dublin midweek wasn't bad enough.

Having a squad of players from different counties while sustaining a senior football club for over 90 years in one of the smallest populated towns/counties in the country >>>>>> letting your club die.