PDA

View Full Version : Good effort in cork, roll on Friday

outspoken
20/04/2015, 10:58 PM
Half way home from cork, lads gave a great effort, for all of corks possession it took 2 lucky breaks to break us down and we could have had a goal or two ourselves. A lot of people seem to think the team selected wasn't our strongest and we are focusing on Friday which is fair enough. I don't want to be negative after a good effort tonight but a lot of the lads that traveled were very disappointed that the majority of players failed to acknowledge the fans at the end of the game despite making one hell of a racket for the entire game. Even TC himself failed to give the fans who traveled the entire day down to cork any sort or acknowledgment. That's something I've noticed at a lot of games lately and should change as fans pay a lot of money and take days off work for these trips and above all the town fans were superb tonight as anyone who is reading city's fans tweets will see. Anyway roll on Friday should be a great atmosphere with only a point between the sides.

CityBoy
21/04/2015, 8:28 AM
Half way home from cork, lads gave a great effort, for all of corks possession it took 2 lucky breaks to break us down and we could have had a goal or two ourselves. A lot of people seem to think the team selected wasn't our strongest and we are focusing on Friday which is fair enough. I don't want to be negative after a good effort tonight but a lot of the lads that traveled were very disappointed that the majority of players failed to acknowledge the fans at the end of the game despite making one hell of a racket for the entire game. Even TC himself failed to give the fans who traveled the entire day down to cork any sort or acknowledgment. That's something I've noticed at a lot of games lately and should change as fans pay a lot of money and take days off work for these trips and above all the town fans were superb tonight as anyone who is reading city's fans tweets will see. Anyway roll on Friday should be a great atmosphere with only a point between the sides.

Couldn't make it home for the City game last night but according to the lads over on the cork city forum ye created loads of noise for 90 minutes.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Real ale Madrid
21/04/2015, 8:54 AM
Superb effort from the Longford Fans last night. Sang throughout the second half, delighted that ye didn't convert that late chance but it would have been the least your supporters deserved anyway on the night. There were 4 Longford lads that made the trip sitting behind me in the Donie Ford stand as well. Good luck for the rest of the season.

outspoken
21/04/2015, 9:34 AM
Thanks very much lads I have to say turners cross and the city fans are the most welcoming and friendly I've ever come across. Best of luck for the season.

Darklordsbane
21/04/2015, 1:07 PM
I knew it was a bad sign when I saw the bus parked outside the entrance but for Cousins to leave it parked in our half of the pitch when we went 2 nil down was pathetic IMO fair enough when it was 0-0 and even 1 nil trying to hit them on the break or with a set piece. Can't fault the team for effort but to stand back all night was crazy I only counted 4 or 5 tackles all night. Fair play to section O how many of you were there it looked like about 8 but sounded like 100

outspoken
21/04/2015, 1:34 PM
I knew it was a bad sign when I saw the bus parked outside the entrance but for Cousins to leave it parked in our half of the pitch when we went 2 nil down was pathetic IMO fair enough when it was 0-0 and even 1 nil trying to hit them on the break or with a set piece. Can't fault the team for effort but to stand back all night was crazy I only counted 4 or 5 tackles all night. Fair play to section O how many of you were there it looked like about 8 but sounded like 100

Ah in fairness to cousins when Sully and Aymen came on we looked so much better going forward its just that Sully was left too late and as soon as it went 2-0 it was game over.

Friday will be extremely tough. Drogheda are lethal at set pieces and we are extremely poor at defending them so that's a problem from the get go. We will have to be super solid at the back as Daryl Kavanagh will run riot over us given the chance so that's why I'm hoping Pat Sullivan is back while in midfield we need to offer both cover for the back 4 but plenty of attacking threat and service for the front man or men. I'd have no problem TC going 4231 with Rice and Salmo sitting deep with Aymen, Kev and maybe Deady playing right up behind Sully but somehow I can't see him going for that, let's just hope he gets it right.

Martinho II
21/04/2015, 9:18 PM
I am very disappointed with the teams lack of appreciation of our fans. I had left when the rest of the lads stayed on. I spent a hell of a lot of money through no fault of my own. I spent 52e on a return fare and 44e on accomodation. Count in payin at the gate and a match programme plus food and you will spend a fortune!

I am glad I went but I nearly didnt make the Cork Bus in Bus Aras.Bus driver was fussy that my bus ticket wasnt paid online like the rest of the gobe passengers and wanted me to pay him a separate fare! I had to get the bus inspector involved and told him that I couldnt make the game if I took a later bus.. Fair play to him he told the bus driver had he space for me as I had a match.. He must thought I was a town player or somethin!

I thought we played well.. Skinner with his lack of height wasnt the best for the first goal and for the second it was some shot from Healy.. We had a few chances especially near the end! hopefully town players will get their act together and acknowledge the town fans who made sacrifices either through getting annual leave or half days! fair play to the section o lads we made some noise!

outspoken
24/04/2015, 9:22 AM
So it's match day and I haven't been this nervous in quite a while, tonight really is a huge game for de town (and for Drogs of course).

Chatting to a Drogs fan last night they are most likely to line up 4231 with Kavanagh as their target man. Their midfield and forwards look decent but it's the full backs that look weak and they've only conceded goals in the first or last 20 minutes of games this season so what we need to do is come out of the blocks flying and hit them early, if we sit back and let the home team get on top I can see us losing this match.

Drogheda are extremely strong as set pieces with their young centre half Buckley scoring from set pieces in the last 2 games and as we are extremely poor at defending them this could be a game decider, hopefully Skinner and co can sort it out for tonight.

Hoping to see Dave Sully up front tonight as he still offers us the best chances of goals and winning games. Big night for TC and the lads with bray only 2 points behind us and Galway 3. Cmon de town.

Prediction - draw.