PDA

View Full Version : Would you park the Markets Field for the rest of the season?

Lim till i die
18/04/2015, 1:36 AM
Team is fairly terrible.

Noisiest fans are all banned or in prison.

Chairman is in a quare humour.

Would it be a typical Limerick FC trademark **** up to move the absolute mess that we are into a new stadium midway through the worst season in ten or fifteens years?

Only Limerick FC could kill a new stadium buzz in less than five minutes.

Giving away home advantage midway through a relegation fight mightnt be the cleverest either....

Better to plod along playing infront of no one in Jackman than move to play infront of no one in the Markets Field?

Discuss the issues.

blueblood
18/04/2015, 8:51 AM
No, get in there before we're in the 1st division.

Jofspring
18/04/2015, 9:08 AM
Ya just get in there. If we were to park it people will definitely lose faith completely in the club. Try get a few decent attendance in this season at least.

fieldofmarkets
18/04/2015, 9:36 AM
Agree, worrying about the perfect time might be over thinking it. MF is a better ground t g an Jackman for both players and fans. Get in there ASAP.

osarusan
18/04/2015, 12:14 PM
I am not sure there will ever be much of a new stadium buzz anyway, especially if the first game there is home to Cabinteely in the first division.

I don't really see how we would be giving up home advantage, at least any more than we do now anyway.

Johnnie C
18/04/2015, 6:32 PM
Jackman Park is a kip and its embarrassing that Limerick are operating out of such a venue, albeit temporarily, in the year 2015. The sooner they move in to the Markets Field the better.

Lim till i die
18/04/2015, 7:40 PM
Jackman Park is a kip and its embarrassing that Limerick are operating out of such a venue, albeit temporarily, in the year 2015. The sooner they move in to the Markets Field the better.

Another person who wants to take up the five (i'll even take three!) reasons why Markets Field is better than Jackman Park challenge?

nigel-harps1954
18/04/2015, 8:26 PM
Another person who wants to take up the five (i'll even take three!) reasons why Markets Field is better than Jackman Park challenge?

Better main stand.

Better dressing rooms and in house facilities.

Better pitch.

Area not quite as dodgy, i.e. less boarded up houses.

Development potential.

Jackman Park is a hole.

Johnnie C
19/04/2015, 9:07 AM
All Nigel Harps said plus having to stand on grass banks in Jackman.

gael353
20/04/2015, 8:31 AM
i honestly don't think we're gonna get in this year. Far too little workers on site, stand precast concrete not finished (clearly a problem there) lights look good (off) but everything else......gonna take at least 2/3 months more IMO

faceoff
20/04/2015, 11:01 AM
i honestly don't think we're gonna get in this year. Far too little workers on site, stand precast concrete not finished (clearly a problem there) lights look good (off) but everything else......gonna take at least 2/3 months more IMO

Sure POS says its ready.Spare me.The man is embaressing himself bigtime.

razor
20/04/2015, 2:36 PM
Any news on the Munster Senior Cup final venue? Rumour has it that they are waiting on Markets Field.

faceoff
20/04/2015, 6:46 PM
Any news on the Munster Senior Cup final venue? Rumour has it that they are waiting on Markets Field.

For next years one is it.no where near ready.

Lims4ever
21/04/2015, 5:29 PM
There will be more away fans there next Saturday than home fans 384 last night awful indeed

da bishop
21/04/2015, 9:41 PM
Another miserable night,and zero atmosphere.

delboyderis
22/04/2015, 4:07 PM
Its up too the people of Limerick to come out and support the team.one excuse after another.sporting capital me ?.i cant see the club surviving for long with mediocre gates and no main sponsor.i feel sorry for pos and martin russell.the team isnt good enough at the minute but its all they have to work with.its a sad reflection on limerick as a city and county.

Mr A
22/04/2015, 4:32 PM
There is never, ever any point or value in blaming the public. They don't owe the club anything.

CraftyToePoke
22/04/2015, 4:36 PM
Does anyone know out of interest what the attendances were like for the better AIL rugby clubs in town, pre Munster / Hieneken Cup days I mean ?

Jofspring
22/04/2015, 5:19 PM
Does anyone know out of interest what the attendances were like for the better AIL rugby clubs in town, pre Munster / Hieneken Cup days I mean ?

Well I remember going to games in thomond Park as a kid and the place would be full or at least felt full. That was for local derby games like Shannon vs Garryowen. Capacity then was around 12,000 so knock a few thousand off that to be on the safe side and you could say there was anything between 8,000-10,000 at games.

CraftyToePoke
22/04/2015, 5:31 PM
Thanks

So each of the clubs in town were getting 4 /5k of their own fans at a game regularly ? The ones in the top division I mean, or just those two ?

Jofspring
22/04/2015, 5:33 PM
Thanks

So each of the clubs in town were getting 4 /5k of their own fans at a game regularly ? The ones in the top division I mean, or just those two ?

Ya definitely. Shannon, Garryowen and Young Munsters would have easily been pulling that in.

Even only a few years ago Shannon vs Garryowen in a top of table clash would pull in around 2,000 of not more. Most games granted only got 200-300 but the big ones still got big crowds.

gspain01
28/04/2015, 6:44 AM

Just seeing this now.

Crowds varied a lot. 17,000 packed in for a Shannon v Garryowen AIL effective decider in the 90's. Loads came over the wall at the Balla end.

However there were also a few hundred at some dead games. When a club were going well they quickly drew huge crowds but they disappeared when things went wrong.

The rugby crowd always came to football when Limerick were going well. In those days games rarely clashed.

Crowds in the Markets Field varied a lot as well. Sure we got 5,000 in the league winning season (estimate as gate money went missing) but we also got approx 200 for our opening game v UCD that season.